Funniest Simpson Episode?

Don't get Simpsons. Never been funny to me.

You're a sad, sad person. Actually I quit watching the Simpons when every show became a left wing political statement.

Let me guess GG, due to the KISS obsession you're more of a Family Guy guy, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ch9_RRqGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-FyAnPkbIU...ted&search=

I used to absolutely love the Simpsons back in the 90's. I thought it was by far the funniest show on television and I used to look forward to new episodes. I have to say though, it has gotten really weak. I'm not sure exactly when it happened (started in the late 90's, I think), but these days it isn't even worth watching.

That said, some of my favorite (classic) Simpsons episodes are:

1. The one where Mr. Burns stocks the comany softball team with MLB players like Ken Griffey Jr, Jose Canseco, Don Mattingly, Ozzie Smith, etc.

2. Homer The Heretic: where Homer stays home from church and then founds his own religion.

3. The one where Homer eats a death pepper and has a hallucination with Johnny Cash serving as his spirit guide a red coyote.

4. The one where Springfield's Lemon Tree is stolen by kids from Shelbyville.

5. Anything with Lionel Hutz (the lawyer voiced by Phil Hartman).

Halloween episode, Season 2.

"We get every TV and cable station in the universe."

"Do you get HBO?"

"No, that would cost extra."

Don't get Simpsons. Never been funny to me.

You're a sad, sad person. Actually I quit watching the Simpons when every show became a left wing political statement.

Let me guess GG, due to the KISS obsession you're more of a Family Guy guy, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ch9_RRqGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-FyAnPkbIU...ted&search=

No, I'm just particular about what I find funny. I never really liked the crudity of the Simpsons.

I watched a couple of episodes, decided it wasn't for me and haven't looked back.

What's funny to Galen?

Dave Chappelle. Seinfeld. SNL (occasionally). Andy Griffith Show. Raising Arizona. Stripes.

The Troy McClure clip show episode where they end with " what everyone's been waiting for, hard core nudity ! ". KC and the Sunshine Band plays as they show various shots of different characters in the buff.

When Homer takes a job with the evil mad scientist, Scorpio , and moves the family to an idealistic community where everyone's happy, at first. They decide to go back to Springfield, but Scorpio gives Homer a parting gift , fulfilling his life long dream of owning an NFL team. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, which was Homer's 1st choice, but instead is the Denver Broncos.

When Sherry Bobbins ( no relation to Mary Poppins ) comes to pay the Simpson's a visit and goes all Nanny 9-1-1 on the family. As she leaves, they wave goodbye and head back into the house, as she flys away under her umbrella. Right into the engine of a 757.

GalensGhost wrote:

No, I'm just particular about what I find funny. I never really liked the crudity of the Simpsons.

Then stay FAR away from The Family Guy.

GalensGhost wrote:

Then stay FAR away from The Family Guy.

Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly too. Just not funny to me at all. Juvenile.

I liked South Park because it was intelligent, but I couldn't get past the unnecessary vulgarity. Blasphemy just isn't all that funny.

I watched a couple of episodes, decided it wasn't for me and haven't looked back.

What's funny to Galen?

Dave Chappelle. Seinfeld. SNL (occasionally). Andy Griffith Show. Raising Arizona. Stripes.

Nothing personal, but doesn't it seem a little contradictory to complain about the crudity of the Simpsons, yet like Chappelle? I mean, to me, Chappelle is a lot more crude than the Simpsons.

However, I like everything on your list so I guess we have similar tastes. Of course, I love Southpark also, and partly because of its crudity.

What's funny to Galen?

Nothing personal, but doesn't it seem a little contradictory to complain about the crudity of the Simpsons, yet like Chappelle? I mean, to me, Chappelle is a lot more crude than the Simpsons.

However, I like everything on your list so I guess we have similar tastes. Of course, I love Southpark also, and partly because of its crudity.

I was thinking the same thing.

I never understood the freakout over the Simpsons that took place in the early 90's.

The most shocking thing The Simpsons ever did was it was a cartoon that occasionally said "Hell" or "Damn". Like once every 3 episodes or so. And I could be wrong but I don't think they've even been that "crude" since like the 5th season or so.

What's funny to Galen?

I was thinking the same thing.

I never understood the freakout over the Simpsons that took place in the early 90's.

The most shocking thing The Simpsons ever did was it was a cartoon that occasionally said "Hell" or "Damn". Like once every 3 episodes or so. And I could be wrong but I don't think they've even been that "crude" since like the 5th season or so.

Maybe crudity was the wrong word. Classlessness? Boorishness? And I haven't watched the Simpson since the first or maybe second season. I have no idea what they do or don't do, only what I hear others repeat. And none of it gave me any reason to try it again.

I haven't watched the Simpsons religiously so I can't comment on which season is the best. The show is in sindication so I can watch previous epidsodes every night of the week if I so choose.

I'd say one of my all time favorites would be Marge vs the Monorail. This is the one where some fast-talking salesman comes to Springfield pitching a monorail project and the whole town goes gaga over it, except Marge. They build it -- lowest bidder, of course -- and Homer gets a job as the monorail driver. Something goes wrong on the opening day of use and the monorail can't be stopped. Homer finally stops the runaway train by throwing out an anchor which fortuitously snags on the circular Donut sign of the local donut shop. {"Hmm, donuts."} Periodicly throughout the epidsode, a Leonard Nimoy character intones pithy New Age phrases. Hilarious.

The attraction of the Simpsons has always been its biting satire -- that, and its pop culture references & parody.

My favorite single exchange from the Simpsons. Don't ask me which one:

HOMER: Hey, Bart, let's watch TV.

BART: Sure, Dad, what's on?

HOMER: It doesn't matter.

Three simple sentences say a lot, don't they?

The one where Homer manages a country singer ("Lurlene"). Some titles of her songs:

* I'm Basting a Turkey With My Tears

* Don't Look Up My Dress Unless You Mean It

Great line from the episode. Homer is in a redneck bar and a fight breaks out. Here is a dialogue between two of the patrons:

Redneck 1: "You wanna fight?"

Redneck 2: "Them's fightin' words!"

(They proceed to fight with one another).

Archived