Best 2007 Running Back Poll!

Tig4Life

Best 2007 Running Back!  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who will dominate at the running back position this football season?

• Ben Tate
    • Mario Fannin
    • Tristan Davis
    • Brad Lester
    • Enrique Davis
    • Bo Harris

Wow, a lot of newcomers! Ok, this is a hard one. lol

I know you guys don't like polls that much on this forum but i would really like to know your thoughts on this and the outcome of this poll.

Just to clarify, Bo did take a few snaps during practice, But the coaches will probably put him at an OLB position and give him a few kickoff and punt returns. So he will be in an ATH position.

I don't think there's any question that Lester will have the lion's share of snaps this season. Unless he is injured, he will be the top dog. He's just the best all around back right now. He's got the talent, the speed, and he's also gotten more physical. And he's probably the best TD guy we have, which is one of the reasons he's prone to getting hurt. He always does whatever he can to get the extra yard or get the TD, by making crazy dives or taking chances with his body.

However, Lester does have one more year at Auburn, and while he may still be #1 back in 2008, there's no way he'll be as successful then as he will this year. Ben Tate and Mario Fannin will have emerged by then and I think will really split the snaps up evenly between them all.

This year, Brad has the advantage. Mario is in for the first time as an Auburn RB, Tate, while already very good, still has a few things to learn by playing SEC competition. He'll get better at year's end. Tristan has pure speed and not too much else. All will have a big role to play but Brad is the guy.

I think Brad could realisticly gain 900 to close to 1,000 yards this season with maybe 10 or 11 TDs.

Ben Tate could have 6-700 yards and 6 or 7 TDs, partly due to being #2, partly due to the position he'll be playing.

Mario and Tristan I think will both have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-400 yards and maybe 3 TDs a piece.

If Brad wants to play in the NFL, this will be the year he is on center stage, cause by 2008, he's gonna have 2 guys chasing his spot big time, maybe a third in Enrique Davis. But I have faith that Brad could probably make second or third round draft in 09.

Ryan

Pretty much exactly what Ica408 said. Lester is very good, Tate and Fannin are very young. E. Davis will probably redshirt and Tristan, bless his heart, will be the SEC's top kickoff returner.

Folks, I am a rock solid Auburn fan and I love our stable of backs, but seriously Mario Fanin is the closest thing the world has seen to Bo Jackson since Bo Jackson.

Ben Tate all the way. He's only going to get better and better and better. Still very young and didn't redshirt. He's still learning to run in this league. I think Brad and Ben....the killer B's, will give a great one-two punch.

Made that Killer B thing up myself. :big:

What great choices! There's so much talent there I couldn't begin to actually vote for just one. No doubt the starting position is Brad Lester's to lose, however, due to his experience if nothing else. (Too bad one of them isn't a solid backup quarterback instead, since we could use the depth at that position.)

I'm just glad no one has used the phrase "rolling 5-6 deep" at running back, though. :rolleyes::poke:

Folks, I am a rock solid Auburn fan and I love our stable of backs, but seriously Mario Fanin is the closest thing the world has seen to Bo Jackson since Bo Jackson.

Why do you think that?

I voted for Brad in the poll...but I hear the same thing about Fannin. He may be the guy before the season's over.

:au::homer:

Hey, everyone is forgetting about Tristan Davis... Remember when a reporter asked Coach Gran about him, and CG responded by saying, "I'll use two words to describe Tristan Davis at runningback...... Bo Jackson." I, for one, think that Brad will be the Game Breaker all year unless he happens to get hurt again; because he runs so freakin' hard. Then Tristan, Ben, Mario, Enrique in that exact order. Mario will get to play more than Ben, but as far as RB position goes he'll still be behind him.

We are soooooooooo lucky to not only have depth at runningback, but the talent is through the roof! WDE

Archived