Best AU home game in 2007

DCTiger

Have a dilemma, and have no doubt that I can get this resolved here.

We are bringing some friends down from Maryland (Annapolis area) for an Auburn game this year, and we are trying to pick a game. They are Maryland grads, and only know what they have heard about SEC football. Don’t want to disappoint.

What a cruddy home schedule this year. We are not considering the Iron Bowl, but we could get down for any other home game.

Which game do you think will have the most atmosphere and excitement this year?

I say K.State. Labor Day weekend which gives plenty of time to recover afterward. Place will be rockin!

I think K State, although its not an SEC game, it still should be exciting with a good crowd.

Really? Maybe I'm gun-shy (UVA, USC and GT) but a non-conference season opener wasn't what I had in mind. I was thinking one of the SEC games would generate more electricity.

hmmmmm

I'll weigh in on this. I'd also suggest K-State for several reasons. It's the opener against a good team and it's at night. Everyone will be pumped to see how the team looks, how the new hd jumbotron looks and it will be a lot more fun since it's at night. The only way a non-bammer SEC home game will get as much excitement would be if Ole Sissy knocks off a few good teams before coming into JHS. Miss. ST. and Vandy will be snoozers.

The only true "electric" games on the home slate are Bammer and possibly the K-State game. South Florida will probably be better than Miss St. or Vandy since it will also be at night on TV. I love night games! Just my $.02.

Kansas St is your best bet. It'll be fun, don't worry about that. However, if you wanted to take a risk, you could wait for the Ole Miss game and gamble on them having a Cinderella year.

Kansas St is your best bet. It'll be fun, don't worry about that. However, if you wanted to take a risk, you could wait for the Ole Miss game and gamble on them having a Cinderella year.

Only way that happens is if O turns into a pumpkin at midnight and a real coach takes over in Oxford.

I'd say either K-State or South Fla. will be your best bet. K-State for sure. Its the only one thats a night game for sure. I thought South Fla. would be night, but I heard Jacobs say recently that they had nothing set in stone. K-State will be good, a decent team that Auburn is just plain better than, but it'll be a better game than Wash St. Being the season opener, a night game, sold out with the eagle, band, new jumbotron, tailgating and drinking all day, it'll be awesome!

Damn I can't wait for September!

Ryan

DCTiger... I feel your pain. I too am bringing some friends to one of the games and am having the same dilema. I want to take them to a home game and the bama game is not an option as they will not be in town that long. I work with a bunch of German interns at my job and they are all on the soccer bandwagon. Last year I proved to many of them that soccer just plain sucks after they saw us play LSU and Florida. This year I have a couple new friends that have never seen a football game either and I wanted to take them to an Auburn game they will be impressed with. So I opted to take them to the K-State opener. I figure no matter what the score is the place will be packed with fun because it is afterall the season opener. But I have already come up with my solution. I figure we are also gonna drive to Gainesville to see Auburn/Florida. That way they can grasp the real excitement of SEC Football and if not we are gonna drive to the beach afterwards.

I say K.State. Labor Day weekend which gives plenty of time to recover afterward. Place will be rockin!

Ditto. Plus, I hear there will be some pretty cool people running around with good scotch and cigars.

IMO

K-State - opener

South Florida - They will be preseason ranked

Ole Miss - Best SEC home game.

I doubt it will mean anything in your decision making, but if you come to the K-State game we will have the RV and be throwing our annual opening day bash. With the home schedule we have the only other RV game will be Bama.

If you come to K-State, bring the folks by the AU Nation Tailgate and we will show them how Auburn fans throw a party.

War Eagle

K- State... 8 months without football always has the Auburn nation pumped up and ready to go.

Archived