Auburn signee grade changes

BAMMERPERRY

http://www.al.com/news/press-register/inde....xml&coll=3

Don't hate me because I've got 12.

12 extra chromosomes.

Well having one extra chromosome gives you Downs Syndrome, so that explains a lot about your mentality.

http://www.al.com/news/press-register/inde....xml&coll=3

Don't hate me because I've got 12.

12 extra chromosomes.

Well having one extra chromosome gives you Downs Syndrome, so that explains a lot about your mentality.

This could be the best resonse ever on AUNation. Beers to you 2000. :beer2:

All kidding aside, I have not read the article yet, but called a friend at the Mobile Press (not in the sporting section), but other than the headline, this really has nothing to do with Auburn. Auburn does not have the power to change a high school transcript, and it's possible that they could have been changed because of an error. Apparently the story is on the front page and the headline looks incriminating. Finebaum to have a fielday, and remember Saban said he would take back Mobile...........

Well it has to do with AU if those two guys don't make it into school. But it's not something that would get AU in trouble.

All kidding aside, I have not read the article yet, but called a friend at the Mobile Press (not in the sporting section), but other than the headline, this really has nothing to do with Auburn. Auburn does not have the power to change a high school transcript, and it's possible that they could have been changed because of an error. Apparently the story is on the front page and the headline looks incriminating. Finebaum to have a fielday, and remember Saban said he would take back Mobile...........

Who wants to join me for mani-pedis?

Well it has to do with AU if those two guys don't make it into school. But it's not something that would get AU in trouble.

No denying that, but for those who do not get the Mobile Press and may hear this 2nd hand, Auburn is not responsible for the grade change, as the story's headline suggests.

Mobile has a lot of dirt going around with schools right now. The Bishop State scam, the guy that ran over the girls foot at Mardi Gras a couple of years ago, and now this could be something else that has been found. I am sure Auburn is innocent here.

This stinks of selective investigation of grades. Out of all the Mobile area transcripts how do 2 guys that are going to AU get "investigated" That is what the newspaper out to be asking about.

This stinks of selective investigation of grades. Out of all the Mobile area transcripts how do 2 guys that are going to AU get "investigated" That is what the newspaper out to be asking about.

from what i understand about the situation, the problem was brought to the school board's attention by the NCAA clearinghouse. when the school board blindly sends the transcripts, they don't go over them like the clearinghouse does. they just send them. so of course the clearinghouse would find a problem, if there was any. i wouldn't get all that worried over it until something concrete comes out from the clearinghouse or the university.

I don't see any problems where AU is concerned. But, just the fact that the NCAA Clearinghouse is even involved means these players' eligibility for this upcoming year is in jeopardy. Remember Stanley Mac? Seems I recall another Auburn player a few years ago missing a year because of simply waiting on this fine group of idiots to get off their arses and do their jobs.

From what I understand, the changes relate to junior transcripts before they had committed to anyone.

Dodge said the transcripts he had were for the same student, one dated March 2006 -- the student's junior year -- and the other June 2006.

I don't see how Auburn had anything to do with this player at least.

This wouldn't even be an issue if prop 48 were still in place. Or would it? I remember Stephen Davis being the best example of prop 48. He sat out his freshmen year, and then played the next three.

From what I understand, the changes relate to junior transcripts before they had committed to anyone.

Dodge said the transcripts he had were for the same student, one dated March 2006 -- the student's junior year -- and the other June 2006.

I don't see how Auburn had anything to do with this player at least.

it really doesn't have anything to do with auburn, other than 2 guys might not be able to play.

1) the Transcripts with the grade changes were from 2006, not this year. So anyone that recruited these two should have the changes on their copies of the transcripts too.

2) Th other kid was Lemarcus Rowell. He was cleared by the NCAA for his fr or so year, but did not get the okay until the bowl game of that year. Sorry bastages...

Archived