This should be the end of it

BamaGrad03

Deflect, spin, deflect, spin.

Whatever. As someone said earlier and what I've been posting since his hiring, it is NOT just south Florida and certain Alabama media. It was the entire national media and much of the coaching profession that HAMMERED your new coach. Dick Freakin' Vitale, who loves EVERYONE, said Saban set the credibility of the coaching profession back 20 years. And now, he's being implicated in recruting violations.....before he's ever even signed a contract???? Are Bammer fans the only ones on the planet who don't get it?

Wake up. You aren't paying this bozo $4 Bazillion a year to have to post articles on a message board saying, "It's okay, everyone does it".

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deflect, spin, deflect, spin.

Whatever. As someone said earlier and what I've been posting since his hiring, it is NOT just south Florida and certain Alabama media. It was the entire national media and much of the coaching profession that HAMMERED your new coach. Dick Freakin' Vitale, who loves EVERYONE, said Saban set the credibility of the coaching profession back 20 years. And now, he's being implicated in recruting violations.....before he's ever even signed a contract???? Are Bammer fans the only ones on the planet who don't get it?

Wake up. You aren't paying this bozo $4 Bazillion a year to have to post articles on a message board saying, "It's okay, everyone does it".

Ditto

All programs bend the rules to some extent. Do you disagree?

Yes, I most certainly do. I'm not about to agree that all 119 Div-1A cheat the same way that say, uat does. Show me a link that proves ALL programs bend the rules to some extent.
And, no, I'm not justifying any wrongdoing by anyone associated with UA. ...
Aha! You recognize a losing argument before one happens. VERY smart on your part.
The Huie article, wow. William B. Huie HATED the university with a passion. If you can hang on every word that he wrote in the Collier's TABLOID, then Michael Moore, too, has instant credibility. ...
Link proving Huie hated his alma mater with a passion, as you state. Also, provide a link that proves Collier's magazine is to be dismissed as a TABLOID. Here's one for you: Link If anything, Colliers was way ahead of its time wrt to investigative journalism. Note the list of contributing authors in the Wikipedia article. Huie is in great company with the likes of Jack London, Ernest Hemmingway, Winston Churchill, Willa Cather, Zane Grey and Sinclair Lewis. Also, note that they went out of business in Dec 1956 -- long before TABLOIDS became endemic.
I don't listen to Moore to get an opinion on the GOP or Ann Coulter to learn about Democrats. Same idea applies here. Huie had entirely too much hate in his heart for any rational person to take him seriously. ...
Classic strawman argument.
Alabama was destroyed from within, and with a little help from genius Pat Dye. We were caught wearing old shoes when Auburn was being innovative. Honestly, we've just shed them in recent years. And, are still behind in the PR department in many respects. Awful coaching hires have been part of the problem, but not all of it. Auburn has little to do with pulling us off the mountaintop.

You were caught wearing old shoes? Uh ... OK. I thought it was more like you were caught doing what you've been doing for decades dating back to the late 1920's -- paying people to come to uat with impunity and calling it "tradishun."

So, our recent past hasn't been sparkling because we were cheating. Got it. Yet, you guys state time and time again that probation isn't an excuse?

A combination of factors brought us down. I give credit to Housel and Dye, I really do. Of course the probations sting. But, Joab Thomas slighting Bobby Bowden in 1987 is probably the real killer. The NCAA would have likely asked us to move up to playing on Sunday's had we hired Bowden. Also, being passed by other SEC schools in facilities & PR didn't help.

As for Huie? Search for your own links. I'm good friends with a guy that knows his family. Huie wouldn't even let his works go to the UA library. Instead, he sent them off to Indiana or somewhere. It's a known fact that he hates the university and has his entire life. If it makes you sleep better at night night knowing that 'Bama owned you because we got away with "murder", then by all means...

All programs cheat. They may not do it on a level that Alabama/Oklahoma/Tennessee/USC have done, but they do it some form or fashion. Cheating, as you know, does not always have to have dollar signs involved. Do I need a link to tell you that the sun will be coming up shortly?

http://www.alabamatv.org/news/huie.htm

Huie was/is likely the most respected author in Alabama history. The University of Alabama holds him very high regard even if the Bama fans hated his guts.

"I’ve always thought he was a courageous man and a champion of investigative journalism," says Larry Woods, who, as a reporter for TIME, covered the murders of the Mississippi Civil Rights workers.
William Bradford Huie was born in Hartselle, Alabama, in 1910. Educated at the University of Alabama, first novel, Mud on the Stars (1942) dealt with the Depression in the Deep South. He followed this with the best-selling The Revolt of Mamie Stover.

Huie became involved in the campaign for black civil rights and wrote about the activities of Asa Earl Carter and the Ku Klux Klan for national magazines such as Time. This included cases such as the castration of Edward Aaron and the lynching of Emmett Till. Articles about the murders of James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner, were later published as a book, Three Lives For Mississippi (1964).

Other books by Huie included The Execution of Private Slovik (1954), The Klansman (1967) and an investigation into the assassination of Martin Luther King, He Slew the Dreamer (1970). Bradford published 21 books and they have sold over 28 million copies. William Bradford Huie died in 1986.

Movies

Mud on the Stars (1942; reprinted with new material 1996) - (1960 film, "Wild River")

The Revolt of Mamie Stover (1951) - (1956 film)

The Americanization of Emily (1959) - (1964 film)

The Klansman (1967) - (1974 film)

"You guys were trying to suggest that he is some out of the ordinary cheater. And these "violations" prove it."

No, he's just a regular cheater. Got us there BG.... He's Just evidently not very good at keeping it quiet when he knows everyone is out to get him.

Just sayin... :rolleyes::ua::rolleyes:

So, our recent past hasn't been sparkling because we were cheating. Got it. Yet, you guys state time and time again that probation isn't an excuse?

A combination of factors brought us down. I give credit to Housel and Dye, I really do. Of course the probations sting. But, Joab Thomas slighting Bobby Bowden in 1987 is probably the real killer. The NCAA would have likely asked us to move up to playing on Sunday's had we hired Bowden. Also, being passed by other SEC schools in facilities & PR didn't help.

As for Huie? Search for your own links. I'm good friends with a guy that knows his family. Huie wouldn't even let his works go to the UA library. Instead, he sent them off to Indiana or somewhere. It's a known fact that he hates the university and has his entire life. If it makes you sleep better at night night knowing that 'Bama owned you because we got away with "murder", then by all means...

All programs cheat. They may not do it on a level that Alabama/Oklahoma/Tennessee/USC have done, but they do it some form or fashion. Cheating, as you know, does not always have to have dollar signs involved. Do I need a link to tell you that the sun will be coming up shortly?

When you asked for links/proof re Ronnie Cottrell's past transgressions, I gave them to you in spades. When you're asked to provide a link to support your position on Huie, you tell me to go find my own links. Try a new screen name: crimsonhypocrite. Then again, that's redundant. crimson2 ought to work equally as well. :rolleyes:

"You guys were trying to suggest that he is some out of the ordinary cheater. And these "violations" prove it."

No, he's just a regular cheater. Got us there BG.... He's Just evidently not very good at keeping it quiet when he knows everyone is out to get him.

Just sayin... :rolleyes::ua::rolleyes:

yeah... Then when the media brought it up today at the SEC get together down in Florida, he just laughed it off. I'm sorry, but bama isn't that what got yall Hammered the last time; being arrogant and thinking that no one can touch you?

yeah... Then when the media brought it up today at the SEC get together down in Florida, he just laughed it off. I'm sorry, but bama isn't that what got yall Hammered the last time; being arrogant and thinking that no one can touch you?

Maybe he laughed it off because it isn't a big deal. If it was a big deal, maybe all these news outlets would mention the tons of other coaches that did the same thing.

When you asked for links/proof re Ronnie Cottrell's past transgressions, I gave them to you in spades. When you're asked to provide a link to support your position on Huie, you tell me to go find my own links. Try a new screen name: crimsonhypocrite. Then again, that's redundant. crimson2 ought to work equally as well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you gave me links. Old, tainted, inaccurate links. The NCAA has cleared Cottrell. I know that you hate that FACT, but deal with it. You gave me no proof whatsoever and you know it.

That was a pretty lame cut, too. I laughed.

Huie? Dude, just look it up. I don't know if there are any links about him hating UA, as I haven't searched. It's a known fact, though. Not a hot topic for Google, but a known fact nonetheless. I don't know if there are links discussing Huie's dislike toward his school. I don't really care, either... I know it and you obviously don't care to know it.

Yeah, since an alabamer fan knows it... It Must Be True... So, Losecrimson, how many MNCs do yall really have? The News outlets are about to bring out the other violations that has happened under Saint sabahr, while he was at LSU and now at alabamer, that has gone under the NCAA's nose; according to my sources in Louisiana and Ark.

The question being asked by the NCAA is does a pattern exist. Does "inadvertent" and "accidental" contact occur between coaches and potential recruits during "dead periods"? YES.

If saban is unwise enough to do it in the one place where he is public enemy number one, then as a bammer fan you have to ask yourself what else has he or is he willing to do. I am not suggesting that he has. I'm suggesting that one must ask.

Unfortunately perception is reality, and the perception with this guy is getting worse.

When I'm waxing my surfboard I like to eat Cheetos. It makes a nice orange froth.

Now, BP just because you asked three of your kinfolk at the Flea market yesterday, who happened to be wearing their "bammer gear", what they thought about Auburn doesn't mean that it's the Nation's perception... now, that is the bama perception, I'll give you that. As far as easy classes go, the last I checked, everyone that talked about it on ESPN and everywhere else seems to think that every University has easy classes and that only (18) players over FOUR years were taking them. Need I remind you that FOURTY... to you bama perry that's a (4) then add a (0), bammer players Majored in HOME EC. Last Year. As for the Nations Perception; the Entire nation, not wearing a letter A on their forehead because that was as far as they got on their Alphabet test, thinks that bama will do Anything to try to get their team back up to :msu: 's level... and they laugh at the bama fans that wear the got 1,295,489.5?... We Do, T-Shirts. Now, they'll be laughing at the, Got 92,145? and the Never Fear saban's Queer Here T-Shirts.

Yeah, since an alabamer fan knows it... It Must Be True... So, Losecrimson, how many MNCs do yall really have? The News outlets are about to bring out the other violations that has happened under Saint sabahr, while he was at LSU and now at alabamer, that has gone under the NCAA's nose; according to my sources in Louisiana and Ark.

Well if the "media" brings out anything negative, we will do what you guys do...say it wasn't our fault and that mean ol Auburn is behind the conspiracy.

Maybe he laughed it off because it isn't a big deal. If it was a big deal, maybe all these news outlets would mention the tons of other coaches that did the same thing.

I checked all the news reports. I even googled it. I can't find a list of "all the other coaches who do the same thing."

I think "everybody does it" is what got ya'lls ass in a sling the last time. But if you want to keep on walking that lonely road, so be it.

Yeah, you gave me links. Old, tainted, inaccurate links. The NCAA has cleared Cottrell. I know that you hate that FACT, but deal with it. You gave me no proof whatsoever and you know it. ...

Here's your proof: 119 Div 1-A schools play football and not one wants a thing to do with Ronnie Cottrell & his brand of "recruiting." (That means he's been rejected by the likes of the University of Buffalo and Temple University, too.) You can claim he's not done anything wrong from now until Doomsday but at some point you're just going to have to face up to the fact that after his recent job performance at uat, your boy is tainted goods -- and it ain't the fault of the big, bad, mean ole NCAA. Deal with that FACT. :lol:

its funny, for the past 2 months it seems like every week we get the "my sources say a bomb will be dropped in the next week" speech but nothing ever happens. according to my sources, the NCAA is about to nail AU and they will only get 2 scholorships a season for the next 25 years, and CTT will resign. see how easy it is to make wild baseless statements?

I checked all the news reports. I even googled it. I can't find a list of "all the other coaches who do the same thing."

I think "everybody does it" is what got ya'lls ass in a sling the last time. But if you want to keep on walking that lonely road, so be it.

I can't post premium content, but Rivals had two seperate articles...one on Butch Davis having a 20 min sitdown with a kid at his high school, and one about Tommy Bowden meeting with 7 different players...both on the same day as Saban's alleged violation.

Yeah, you gave me links. Old, tainted, inaccurate links. The NCAA has cleared Cottrell. I know that you hate that FACT, but deal with it. You gave me no proof whatsoever and you know it. ...

Here's your proof: 119 Div 1-A schools play football and not one wants a thing to do with Ronnie Cottrell & his brand of "recruiting." (That means he's been rejected by the likes of the University of Buffalo and Temple University, too.) You can claim he's not done anything wrong from now until Doomsday but at some point you're just going to have to face up to the fact that after his recent job performance at uat, your boy is tainted goods -- and it ain't the fault of the big, bad, mean ole NCAA. Deal with that FACT. :lol:

Actually WC, the NCAA did not clear him of charges. They cleared him to coach again, not of being innocent.

Joe Kines was as guilty as the day is long down in :uf: and he got cleared to coach again. Cottrell was 100% guilty of some stuff, the bogus loan from Young for one thing, yet was cleared to coach again. But if nothing else, Cottrell had to admit that the loan was against the NCAA rules and he blatantly, in your face, broke that one. Extra benefits for coaches are strictly forbidden too. He admitted it. There was 100% evidence to back up the charge and he had to repay the loan asap. So your "pure as the driven snow" routine dont work here.

Go sell crazy some place else.

Yeah, you gave me links. Old, tainted, inaccurate links. The NCAA has cleared Cottrell. I know that you hate that FACT, but deal with it. You gave me no proof whatsoever and you know it.

"Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey?"

"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

That's funny, coming from the People's National Champion..... :poke: Something about not throwing stones from a glass house.

Win, if Cottrell is so clear as the driven snow, why hasn't Alabama hired him back?

"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

That's funny, coming from the People's National Champion..... :poke: Something about not throwing stones from a glass house.

The PNC is as official as the 12 you guys count.

If you think Bama's bogus 12 MNC's riles Auburn fans, talk to a USC or Notre Dame fan. It really ticks them off that they claim MNC's in years that ND and USC actually won the MNC. See 30', 34', 41' (you finished 20th in the AP that year) 73' and 78'.

The PNC is as official as the 12 you guys count.

If you think Bama's bogus 12 MNC's riles Auburn fans, talk to a USC or Notre Dame fan. It really ticks them off that they claim MNC's in years that ND and USC actually won the MNC. See 30', 34', 41' (you finished 20th in the AP that year) 73' and 78'.

My point was that I do not have anything in my sig making fun of Auburn's national championship in 1957. By the way, Ohio State was undefeated in 1957. I guess that makes Auburn's one and only National Championship........bogus! :poke:

Archived