This should be the end of it

BamaGrad03

"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

That's funny, coming from the People's National Champion..... :poke: Something about not throwing stones from a glass house.

The PNC is as official as the 12 you guys count.

If you think Bama's bogus 12 MNC's riles Auburn fans, talk to a USC or Notre Dame fan. It really ticks them off that they claim MNC's in years that ND and USC actually won the MNC. See 30', 34', 41' (you finished 20th in the AP that year) 73' and 78'.

My point was that I do not have anything in my sig making fun of Auburn's national championship in 1957. By the way, Ohio State was undefeated in 1957. I guess that makes Auburn's one and only National Championship........bogus! :poke:

You Bammers are getting weaker and weaker with your smack talk.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

That's funny, coming from the People's National Champion..... :poke: Something about not throwing stones from a glass house.

If you think Bama's bogus 12 MNC's riles Auburn fans, talk to a USC or Notre Dame fan. It really ticks them off that they claim MNC's in years that ND and USC actually won the MNC. See 30', 34', 41' (you finished 20th in the AP that year) 73' and 78'.

My point was that I do not have anything in my sig making fun of Auburn's national championship in 1957. By the way, Ohio State was undefeated in 1957. I guess that makes Auburn's one and only National Championship........bogus! :poke:

Didn't have a witty retort to that one, did you? :poke: The truth hurts sometimes....

ohio state wasn't undefeated in 1957. lost their first game of the year to TCU. 18-14 in columbus on 9-28. but good try

ohio state wasn't undefeated in 1957. lost their first game of the year to TCU. 18-14 in columbus on 9-28. but good try

Sorry, I am not as up on my AU trivia seeing that I pull for Bama. You are correct. What I meant to say is that OSU won the UPI title, illustrating that Auburn's MNC is bogus using the same logic that is so often mentioned about Bama's titles.

Sorry, I am not as up on my AU trivia seeing that I pull for Bama. You are correct. What I meant to say is that OSU won the UPI title, illustrating that Auburn's MNC is bogus using the same logic that is so often mentioned about Bama's titles.

no actually i think the "logic" that most people use to discout UAT's nc's are the instances where say UAT was beaten by a team that was also named national champ or an instance where UAT was voted 20th in the AP poll and didn't win the SEC, but you still claim that you are NC.

and you may want to be up on your "auburn triva" when you're trying to discount things about auburn...on an auburn site. just a thought.

Didn't have a witty retort to that one, did you? :poke: The truth hurts sometimes....

So your telling me at the least, (even though OSU played one of the weakest schedules in the country that year) a split championship is worse than claiming MNC's when you weren't even ranked in the top 10? Keep trying Relic.

no actually i think the "logic" that most people use to discout UAT's nc's are the instances where say UAT was beaten by a team that was also named national champ or an instance where UAT was voted 20th in the AP poll and didn't win the SEC, but you still claim that you are NC.

and you may want to be up on your "auburn triva" when you're trying to discount things about auburn...on an auburn site. just a thought.

In 1973, the national championship was given out before the bowl games. That is not Bama's fault. We were given the championship before the game, therefore we are national champions. That makes up for years that we got screwed, like say, 1966, when we were two-time defending national champs and went 11-0 only to watch Notre Dame get awarded the championship.

In 1973, the national championship was given out before the bowl games. That is not Bama's fault. We were given the championship before the game, therefore we are national champions. That makes up for years that we got screwed, like say, 1966, when we were two-time defending national champs and went 11-0 only to watch Notre Dame get awarded the championship.

in 73..the UPI poll was done before the bowl games, not the AP (which had UAT at 4th). arkansas was 11-0 in 64. please explain 1941.

Only the UPI handed it out before bowls. They changed their policy after this embarassment. So you can look at your 73' team like OSU looks at their 07' team. ;) Keep trying Relic.

Guest Frank Burns

Listen, neither of you will ever convince the other of anything, so stop trying.

Let's just leave it at this: The national championship selection process is fricked, always has been , although it is better at times than others.

I've argued these same points in the past and I am sick of it.

Fair Park - go have relations with yourself.

Matt - Give it up before you bust a blood vessel.

Listen, neither of you will ever convince the other of anything, so stop trying.

Let's just leave it at this: The national championship selection process is fricked, always has been , although it is better at times than others.

I've argued these same points in the past and I am sick of it.

Fair Park - go have relations with yourself.

Matt - Give it up before you bust a blood vessel.

You started it! :poke:

You're a child.

a 30 year old child.

Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes, age comes alone.

I like you. You're a funny guy......

Archived