Phil Steeles Top 50

BAMMERPERRY

On the second Saturday in November, it was USC, Texas, Alabama, and Miami.

And then Brodie spent a Saturday afternoon in Auburn collecting bruises and picking grass out of his teeth.

Win, in 2005, he had a big section about Alabama being one of his sleeper National Title Contenders....

Hence the love...He even went on Finebaum during the year and went on and on about Bama....he really did like the 2005 team

He turned about to be right. On the second Saturday in November, it was USC, Texas, Alabama, and Miami. Of course, the last two teams fell by the wayside ....

You're a master of understatement. B)

I'm willing to make a bet with any of you bammer bubbas right now. If bama finishes the regular season ranked higher than Auburn, I'll post a picture of myself wearing a bammer shirt and holding a crimson shaker. If Auburn finishes higher, you will have to do the same (with Auburn gear).

Put up or shut up. Let's see how confident you are in these preseason rankings and if you're men of your word.

On the second Saturday in November, it was USC, Texas, Alabama, and Miami.

:roflol:

Only in your minds.

Galen, I realize that the gap between 2nd and 3rd was as long as the distance from Pasadena to Dallas. Yet, we were ranked in the Top 5 for five weeks in the second half of the season. This is a useless argument, though.

Personally, I could care less about preseason polls....

Nope...sorry..."couldn't"...in fact...neither of us could. :)

:au::homer:

Galen, I realize that the gap between 2nd and 3rd was as long as the distance from Pasadena to Dallas. Yet, we were ranked in the Top 5 for five weeks in the second half of the season. This is a useless argument, though.

What's useless is arguing the difference between 2 and 3. College football should have a stinking playoff so the only difference between 2 and 3 would be the seeding in the college football tournament.

What's useless is arguing the difference between 2 and 3. College football should have a stinking playoff so the only difference between 2 and 3 would be the seeding in the college football tournament.

I couldn't agree more.

I wish there were more people like the UF prez.

Archived