$30 and 31 Flavors...

DKW 86

$30 and 31 Flavors...

Welcome to Baskins-Robbins....

I was reading the article on the three arrests over in Turd-town. I guess I have become a suspicious sort of person after reading and getting to know some of the media goons here in Alabama. But as I read the article, a tiny little voice inside my head said very distinctly: "Something is BS here..."

Would you like to try a single or maybe even a double scoop cone today?

Then it hit me. The used one word three times in the article. That word was BOND. Not James Bond, but as in Bond Hearing. The bonds set by the courts caught my eye. Why you ask? Call it just a bs detector alert but I think I know why now.

Will that be Yogurt or Ice cream? Ice cream it is....

You see, the bonds for Upchurch and the third player wee only $300. That is $300 Bond. You see, bail is only 1/10 of the bond. Bond is what you pay if you dont show up for court. Bail, 1/10th of Bond, is what you pay to get out of jail until the court date.

Any fruit or candy toppings with this Sir?

Our heroes got out of jail for the whopping sum of.....$30 each!

How about some nuts? Hazelnuts, Walnuts, Peanuts?

That right, for $30 bucks, for less than some bar tabs, these two got involved in a brawl in Turd-Town where people were hurt, underage girsl were to be found, the police were called, and the incident is now making national rounds.

Whipped cream?

Excuse me for saying so, but doesnt this already remind you of the Juwan Simpson case from last year? You know, the ice cream punishment? I am sure Simpson paid out more for the tickets and citations. The arrest was highly visible and did bring disgrace to Alabama.

And a cherry on top?

Seems to me that no matter what the outcome, the Turd-town and Bama PDs are determined to hand out the keys to the Baskin Robbins empire. A $30 bail is a joke of the highest order. It is such a joke that some will likely proclaim this CNS Day for his tough stance with the players. A stance he has yet to articulate.

Hey, maybe they can let the guys see where Wimp Sanderson was held, while making them that banana split they have earned.

Whatever. Guys get arrested and taken into jail, and you guys STILL call coverup.

I'm so sick of you guys saying "underage girls". It's uner the legal drinking age...not 14 year old girls. And half the guys in the group were the same age as the girls.

Secondly, Roy Upchurch wasn't the one causing the problem. Brandon Deaderick was. Brandon gave a fake name, resisted arrest, and caused most of the problems.

I swear you guys kill me. You can't even let all the facts come out before your start accusing everyone of a coverup. No wonder you all think Alabama is the devil...you don't ever give them a chance.

For all the making fun you guys did of Bama fans during Fulmergate...you guys (especially David) come up with conspiracy theories on a WEEKLY basis in regards to Alabama. Why is it you guys can pull all these out of your ass, without any foundation...and when we do it (with proof) we are crazy idiots?

Fanney and Upchurch were both arrested for misdemeanor disorderly conduct. I know for a FACT public intox in Nashville is a $300 bond. And I'd say this minor violation warrants the same amount.

Again, I've said it before...it must be a pretty frustrating life you guys lead having so much blind hatred to carry around.

I agree. Bond is bond, bail is bail. Who cares.

The only time it should be addressed is if bail is extremely high and how the money came up was questioned. In this situation, it is not the case. So let it go...

Fanney and Upchurch were both arrested for misdemeanor disorderly conduct. I know for a FACT public intox in Nashville is a $300 bond. And I'd say this minor violation warrants the same amount.

Everytime you 'open your mouth', you remove any doubt.

On another note:

BG, has buisness picked up with all this rain we have gotten the past two weeks?

Well, I can only speak for myself when I say it is definitely not "blind" hatred I have for Bama...however, I do see your point. There are a lot of conspiracy theorist on here that I don't agree with. I swear, it really bothers me when people seem to HATE Alabama as mcuh as the LOVE Auburn. I could give to craps what happens in T-town. As long as we keep kicking Alabama's ass, I'm a happy camper...

Everytime you 'open your mouth', you remove any doubt.

On another note:

BG, has buisness picked up with all this rain we have gotten the past two weeks?

Well, the software company I own doesn't see a rise or fall in business based on the weather.

Well, I can only speak for myself when I say it is definitely not "blind" hatred I have for Bama...however, I do see your point. There are a lot of conspiracy theorist on here that I don't agree with. I swear, it really bothers me when people seem to HATE Alabama as mcuh as the LOVE Auburn. I could give to craps what happens in T-town. As long as we keep kicking Alabama's ass, I'm a happy camper...

You kind of touched on what I was thinking. I mean, for all of you who want to claim we are irrelevant...because you've beaten us 5 years in a row...you sure do spend a lot of time worrying about us. You guys HAVE owned us for 5 years, why all the worry?

Sometimes I wonder, if UAT had been given the 'death penalty' in 99', would I feel any sympathy for the state, the university, or the vast numbers of Bama fans; or would I have been overcome with joy and happiness?

I'm so sick of you guys saying "underage girls". It's uner the legal drinking age...not 14 year old girls. And half the guys in the group were the same age as the girls.

Its clear in the context of the article that "underage girls" refers to 20 and younger.

"They tried to get underage girls in a bar".... Its pretty clear that's under 21.

"The tried to get underage girls in bed"... Now that places a further constraint on their age being less than 16.

Simma.

But making a big deal out of someone trying to get a girl under 21 into a bar is a freaking joke. I got into bars in AU before I was 21. I didn't know too many college kids under 21 who HADN'T been in a bar.

Resisting arrest is a big deal. Trying to get your 20 year old friend into a bar isn't.

I know the Bush girls had a SWAT team called on them back in 2000 for being in a bar in Austin while still 18.

I have never been to a bar in Tuscaloosa but I know there is only one bar in Auburn that you must be 21 to get into. All the others are 19 to get in and 21 to drink. I'm not saying that underage drinking doesn't occur here, just thought I would point out the age requirements.

I have never been to a bar in Tuscaloosa but I know there is only one bar in Auburn that you must be 21 to get into. All the others are 19 to get in and 21 to drink. I'm not saying that underage drinking doesn't occur here, just thought I would point out the age requirements.

I was in a 21 and up bar in Auburn before I turned 21. To think that it JUST happens at Alabama is a joke.

Excuse me for saying so, but doesnt this already remind you of the Juwan Simpson case from last year? You know, the ice cream punishment? I am sure Simpson paid out more for the tickets and citations. The arrest was highly visible and did bring disgrace to Alabama.

they were charged completely different from Deaderick. like i said in another thread, things like public intox and disorderly conduct are P.O.P. charges, but in this case i think they pretty much earned that charge. the bond for both public intox and disorderly conduct are very very low. the bond for minor in posession of alcohol is $500. if they were going to cover something up, they wouldn't have gotten arrested. its almost as if they got arrested, so nobody can make a conspiracy theory about that. so now the only thing left to make a conspiracy theory out of his their bond amounts. when different people get arrested for completely different things, of course the bond amount will be different.

I agree the underage girl ordeal really doesn't mean anything to me either I mean its college there are underage girls in every bar from Auburn to Turd town but it will be interesting to see if Saban suspends them for a few games or not.

I agree the underage girl ordeal really doesn't mean anything to me either I mean its college there are underage girls in every bar from Auburn to Turd town but it will be interesting to see if Saban suspends them for a few games or not.

IMO, it will be interesting to see if they ever mention it.

This has been going on all week has there been anything out of UAT about it?

I think it will take a while to shake out. I don't know if we will hear about the guys with the minor violations except for when they are punished. As far as Deaderick, we may hear soon that he is transfering to 1-AA school.

I read something yesterday, don't remember where so there is no link, that we probably won't hear anything until July 26.

But making a big deal out of someone trying to get a girl under 21 into a bar is a freaking joke. I got into bars in AU before I was 21. I didn't know too many college kids under 21 who HADN'T been in a bar.

Resisting arrest is a big deal. Trying to get your 20 year old friend into a bar isn't.

The point people are making here, BG, is that you have no idea but naturally assume the best. You're making the assumption without any evidence that the girls in question were 20. You don't know how old they were. They might have been 14. They might have still been in high school. Don't try to pretend that some UA players don't troll high school campuses in Tuscaloosa because you know they do. Don't pretend that high school girls don't try to get into bars. Many years ago I met a girl at Harry's. She turned out to be 13. Thank goodness I found that out early in the evening.

If it turns out the girls were 20 and just days shy of 21 then you have a point. Fact is, though, you have no idea. Their names and ages weren't released.

The point people are making here, BG, is that you have no idea but naturally assume the best. You're making the assumption without any evidence that the girls in question were 20. You don't know how old they were. They might have been 14. They might have still been in high school. Don't try to pretend that some UA players don't troll high school campuses in Tuscaloosa because you know they do. Don't pretend that high school girls don't try to get into bars. Many years ago I met a girl at Harry's. She turned out to be 13. Thank goodness I found that out early in the evening.

If it turns out the girls were 20 and just days shy of 21 then you have a point. Fact is, though, you have no idea. Their names and ages weren't released.

Considering the VAST MAJORITY of college football players hang out with college girls... I think my assumption is much safer than one that puts these guys out there with a 14 year old.

Considering the VAST MAJORITY of college football players hang out with college girls... I think my assumption is much safer than one that puts these guys out there with a 14 year old.

You're still "assuming".

What does "assuming" do BG? hehe.....

Galen is completely correct here, but please, keep trying to convince yourself you're right.

You're still "assuming".

What does "assuming" do BG? hehe.....

Galen is completely correct here, but please, keep trying to convince yourself you're right.

How is he correct? Because you hate Alabama?

Here's a scenario: I know most all Alabama football players hang out with hot, cleat chasing, college students. I know that it is HIGHLY unlikely that a 2nd year football player, who has droves of women thrown at him daily, would want to get it with a 14 year old. I also know that it if said football player was hanging out with a 14 year old, he wouldn't do it in public.

But since I hate Alabama...that is exactly what happened.

How stupid can you be?

You just don't get it, do you.

Galen didn't proclaim this to be the scenario.

He was illustrating that neither of you know AT ALL the exact age of the girl.

The players themselves were 18 or 19, so it is LIKELY that they were that age at the oldest.

I will not ASSUME to KNOW their age and report it as fact.

You just don't get it, do you.

Galen didn't proclaim this to be the scenario.

He was illustrating that neither of you know AT ALL the exact age of the girl.

The players themselves were 18 or 19, so it is LIKELY that they were that age at the oldest.

I will not ASSUME to KNOW their age and report it as fact.

No. But I think it's better to assume their age was the same as the players given 99.999282717294372817 percent of the football players out there aren't hanging out with 14 year olds. And given the other facts of the case.

But you guys want to ASSUME the worst because it makes you feel better. It helps you continue to hate Alabama more if you think that they were hanging out with a bunch of 14 year old girls.

Sure, it is possible that they were hanging with really young girls. But why jump to that assumption? Were any charged with stachetory rape? Wouldn't there be a mention of them hanging out with a minor? You know what, the paper hasn't said whether or not any of the guys charged have murdered someone. Should we assume that it's probable that they did? I mean, they are Alabama football players afterall.

Archived