20,000% Tax Increase

saniflush

I'll stand with you, brother! Cohiba in hand!

We'll call it the Potomac River Stogie party. Instead of throwing our smokes overboard, we'll throw in the politicians.

We'll call it the Potomac River Stogie party. Instead of throwing our smokes overboard, we'll throw in the politicians.

Only if it is during Winter.

This new tax proposal makes me furious. The tax would put all cigar companies out of business, which would end turn destory the economy of many nations, and then the US would have to send aid. Its really a terrible idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad News Everyone,

I heard that the Senate had passed the ‘Children’s Health Insurance Program’ last night with a veto-proof margin of 68 in favor which raises the tax on cigars effective at the end of this year. I did some checking this morning and apparently they passed it with tons of relevant and irrelevant amendments as best I could tell…they were a boondoggle and next to impossible to read…I don’t know if they changed their version to reflect the House version (which passed but the tax on cigars was lower…I read it capped at $1.00 per cigar rather than $10.00 per cigar which is still outrageous).

President Bush has threatened to veto this thing if the House and Senate send a homogenized Bill (again I don’t know what the Senate Amendments did to this thing) but with a margin of 68 in favor they have the support to over-ride a veto. I did see that our Senators (Chambliss and Isakson) voted agin it (even though it is “for the children”). I also noticed that Senators Dole (R-NC), Burr (R-NC), Sessions (R-AL), and Shelby (R-AL) voted agin it too.

I reckon I need to find a less expensive vice, like meth.

Bad News Everyone,

I heard that the Senate had passed the ‘Children’s Health Insurance Program’ last night with a veto-proof margin of 68 in favor which raises the tax on cigars effective at the end of this year. I did some checking this morning and apparently they passed it with tons of relevant and irrelevant amendments as best I could tell…they were a boondoggle and next to impossible to read…I don’t know if they changed their version to reflect the House version (which passed but the tax on cigars was lower…I read it capped at $1.00 per cigar rather than $10.00 per cigar which is still outrageous).

President Bush has threatened to veto this thing if the House and Senate send a homogenized Bill (again I don’t know what the Senate Amendments did to this thing) but with a margin of 68 in favor they have the support to over-ride a veto. I did see that our Senators (Chambliss and Isakson) voted agin it (even though it is “for the children”). I also noticed that Senators Dole (R-NC), Burr (R-NC), Sessions (R-AL), and Shelby (R-AL) voted agin it too.

I reckon I need to find a less expensive vice, like meth.

Them's your choices? :o

Those are my choices because those are ones that I have a personal link to so those are the only ones who's vote I care about in regard to how the represent me.

That clear that up?

I'll see your Cohiba, and raise you a No.2 Cuban Montecristo...

Those are my choices because those are ones that I have a personal link to so those are the only ones who's vote I care about in regard to how the represent me.

That clear that up?

I think he meant cigars and meth.

That clear that up?

At least I could get some meth from some office holders.

That clear that up?

Thanks for "clearing that up."

Archived