? for our Bama fans

WAR-MATT

How is the loss of Nick Gentry going to affect your already thin d-line? Was he projected to contribute right away?

I must have missed that one. What is the story with Gentry?

Also on the injury front, it was revealed that freshman Nick Gentry, a 6-1, 263-pound defensive lineman from Prattville, will not work with the team in fall camp because he is rehabilitating from shoulder surgery. Saban said it was a high school injury that Alabama’s medical staff recommended be repaired. Gentry has been in Tuscaloosa this summer and will be in school, but will not be part of the 105 participating in early fall camp. He will continue in rehabilitation and Saban said it is not a season-ending injury.

Not having seen him play, it's hard to say. But judging from what the "prognosticators" were saying, he wasn't expected to project ahead of Alfred McCullough and Chapman at DT. And if he slid over to DE, he was sure to be behind Alex Watkins.

But losing bodies never helps.

Not having seen him play, it's hard to say. But judging from what the "prognosticators" were saying, he wasn't expected to project ahead of Alfred McCullough and Chapman at DT. And if he slid over to DE, he was sure to be behind Alex Watkins.

But losing bodies never helps.

How's Chapman looking? From the pics I saw of him this summer, he looked like anything but in shape.

Speaking of UAT losing defensive lineman, I must confess that I was disappointed to read that Byron Walton's career is evidently over. He went to high school where both my daughters graduated. Hate it for him. Of course, I can still keep up with CB Eric Gray. Hope he has a good year, except against AU. ;)

Also on the injury front, it was revealed that freshman Nick Gentry, a 6-1, 263-pound defensive lineman from Prattville, will not work with the team in fall camp because he is rehabilitating from shoulder surgery. Saban said it was a high school injury that Alabama’s medical staff recommended be repaired. Gentry has been in Tuscaloosa this summer and will be in school, but will not be part of the 105 participating in early fall camp. He will continue in rehabilitation and Saban said it is not a season-ending injury.

Thanks Matt. Reading is fundamental after all...

No wonder Deadrick won't be suspended. Or wait, maybe he can serve one of those suspensions where he stands on the sidelines in uniform in case he is needed.

Seriously, I hate to hear that any of these guys have to go under the knife. Once those shoulders get operated on, they never seem to be the same.

I had never heard anything about Gentry stepping into a starting role. Yet, our front seven is about as strong as wet toilet paper, meaning we need every body we can get.

I'm excited about Alex Watkins and Luther Davis, though.

The rest of the bunch looks like they'll fit in perfectly with what we already have. That's unfortunate.

I disagree. Alfred McCullough is supposed to be really really good.

Hmmm...too bad cloning is off the table then huh? :rolleyes:

Who said it was off the table? ;)

You're right. I shouldn't put it past their thought process. Noted. :thumbsup:

It looks like the original word about Chapman is right. He looks out of shape...and a good bit behind guys like McCullough and Luther Davis.

It looks like the original word about Chapman is right. He looks out of shape...and a good bit behind guys like McCullough and Luther Davis.

Did he just get lazy? His work ehtic was supposedly the reason his value shot up his senior year.

Did he just get lazy? His work ehtic was supposedly the reason his value shot up his senior year.

I think it was his layover from his last game to college. He showed up out of shape, and didn't have to go through the spring workouts that all the current (read non freshmen) players did.

Honestly, he looks quite out of shape.

God.

God.

No offense WarTim, but don't underestimate the bammer's mindset of feeling like if they just had enough money they could.....................

:no:

You're right. I shouldn't put it past their thought process. Noted. :thumbsup:

If anyone has an advanced cloning program you know its UAT. They've been trying to bring back Coach Bryant for the last 25 years.

What was that argument last recruiting season...something like Saban got AU to waste a scholly on some lineman by showing interest in him when he never really wanted him. You know, I can't tell what the bammiemag crowd is talking about half the time but I managed to cobble it together somewhat after consulting a White Trash to English dictionary.

So I wonder if they think it works in reverse...that we lured Saban into going after Josh Chapman when we knew he was lazy and was gonna show up fat and out of shape? B)

What was that argument last recruiting season...something like Saban got AU to waste a scholly on some lineman by showing interest in him when he never really wanted him. You know, I can't tell what the bammiemag crowd is talking about half the time but I managed to cobble it together somewhat after consulting a White Trash to English dictionary.

So I wonder if they think it works in reverse...that we lured Saban into going after Josh Chapman when we knew he was lazy and was gonna show up fat and out of shape? B)

Wow...flaming a lot harder than you normally do

Wow...flaming a lot harder than you normally do

Living amongst the dullards is making me twitchy.

Anyhoo...it was only aimed at the low-watts that made that argument back before Signing Day '07. If you didn't try to make that point, no need to don the asbestos long johns.

Archived