Vance King

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-b...r_uga_comm.html

Stockbridge’s King reviewing 19 offers

Stockbridge safety Vance King is hardly content with the 19 scholarship offers currently in his possession.

Arkansas, Vanderbilt, North Carolina, Purdue, Indiana, UAB, Georgia Southern and Memphis are among the programs that have already offered.

But King hopes an offer from at least one of two particular SEC powers is forthcoming.

“I’d like to get an offer from LSU or Auburn,” the 6-foot-1, 195-pound King said. “I think Auburn will offer.”

I looked at Rivals and he's a 3 star w/ 4.4 speed and good size for a DB. He's listed as an athlete but it sounds like he wants to play for us. Anyone know anything else about him?

Anyone know the deal on Ravan Gray? He's listed as a "soft verbal" on Scout and not listed at all on Rivals. Unless my memory is wrong, he committed last year and went the JUCCO route in Miss. Seems like it would be a solid verbal considering we stuck with him. Maybe we aren't that interested for some reason?

Anyone know the deal on Ravan Gray? He's listed as a "soft verbal" on Scout and not listed at all on Rivals. Unless my memory is wrong, he committed last year and went the JUCCO route in Miss. Seems like it would be a solid verbal considering we stuck with him. Maybe we aren't that interested for some reason?

Raven Gray is coming back to AU if he gets his grades in order and doesn't do anything stupid sometime from now until signing period. He's listed as a soft verbal because he's mentioned in an interview that he'll take some visits, which automatically means soft-verbal on Scout. There shouldn't be any worries because we're the ones that told him to take some visits in case we decide to go in another direction, so Gray isn't left out to dry. He wants to come to AU.

Raven Gray is coming back to AU if he gets his grades in order and doesn't do anything stupid sometime from now until signing period. He's listed as a soft verbal because he's mentioned in an interview that he'll take some visits, which automatically means soft-verbal on Scout. There shouldn't be any worries because we're the ones that told him to take some visits in case we decide to go in another direction, so Gray isn't left out to dry. He wants to come to AU.

I have a hard time understanding how we could tell a guy to take some visits that we've already offered and received a verbal from. Isn't this unusual? How, without disclosing too much info about yourself, would you know such?

I have a hard time understanding how we could tell a guy to take some visits that we've already offered and received a verbal from. Isn't this unusual? How, without disclosing too much info about yourself, would you know such?

We're advising him to keep some options open because he's a JUCO guy and those types of recruits generally follow a different set of rules than typical HS or Prep kids as JUCO is pretty much the last shot they have at getting into a Division 1 school. We've taken Gray's verbal but he's not in the clear because he still isn't a shoe-in to even make it into AU, and the last thing you want to see is a JUCO kid who doesn't have a backup plan get screwed after he doesn't make it into his top school. We'll also be looking at Gray's progress and behavior this season, because once again, JUCO recruits have much shorter leashes than other prospects.

Thats basically what I've been told by some people "in the know." Basically, dont worry about Gray's "soft-verbal" status: we wont lose him unless something goes totally wrong (in which we decide not to take him, or he flat out doesn't get in).

Archived