This will make your blood boil...(From ITAT)

DKW 86

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=6&F=...=872303&p=4

Is anyone dumb enough to not see this as orchestrated? Is it? The Mobile nothing story breaks the THE SAME WEEK Chapman's grades are changed....Seems some of our more paranoid posters may be on to something here. Folks, this is the REC in action. This will be my defining story on them every time I talk about cheating. Too obvious and too arrogant.

Found the answer to one of my own questions. The Mobile story broke on the Friday before Memorial day, May 25.

http://www.al.com/news/press-register/inde...&thispage=1

Try to Slam AU recruits in Mobile for grade fixing, change UA recruits grades in Hoover during the same week? Diversion? Coincidence? Maybe....

I would like to know the genesis of the Mobile story from the following reporters:

Rena Havner

Mike Herndon

Evan Woodbery

Were these reporters someone elses pawns or is this a crazy conspiracy hypothesis?

further proof that uat and its cronies control the media outlets throughout the state. Just like bryant did things to keep the ncaa away from his program, so the tradition continues. Am I hitting it on the head, david??

further proof that uat and its cronies control the media outlets throughout the state. Just like bryant did things to keep the ncaa away from his program, so the tradition continues. Am I hitting it on the head, david??

Bryant and Byers arent here anymore tho.

Black helicopters all over the place.

And in Tuscaloosa, those that aren't wearing houndstooth ball caps are adorned with tin foil hats. Wake up & see the obvious.

And in Tuscaloosa, those that aren't wearing houndstooth ball caps are adorned with tin foil hats. Wake up & see the obvious.

BG will never admit to the obvious to everyone else....that entails having to admit the facts that everyone around the state knows about bama...and he just isn't going to do that, right BG??

BG will never admit to the obvious to everyone else....that entails having to admit the facts that everyone around the state knows about bama...and he just isn't going to do that, right BG??

You say that like Alabama intentionally changing AU commits grades to divert attention from the Hoover deal is accepted as known fact.

You say that like Alabama intentionally changing AU commits grades to divert attention from the Hoover deal is accepted as known fact.

No, that doesn't make any sense. Grades were changed when it was thought they'd commit to uat. The commits changing their minds never entered into the thought processes of the grade changers.

I know this isn't going to be a popular response for most of you, but....I don't see how this would make sense. If I'm interpreting this correctly, the claim is that the story in Mobile was intentionally broken to distract attention from grade changing being done in Hoover the same week? Why? [Or am I missing the point entirely?]

Presumably the Hoover grade changing was expected to be secret anyway, so no "diversion" was needed. Seems like a simultaneous revelation of grade changing in Mobile could only have the effect of: 1) drawing attention to such possibilities, making more reporters interested in grade changing stories and more likely to stumble upon what was happening in Hoover, and/or 2) make staff at Hoover more afraid of getting caught after seeing the Mobile story and therefore less likely to cooperate with any such conspiracy.

Just sayin'...the best way to hide a conspiracy is NOT to release front-page stories about similar conspiracies, even at other places. Doesn't seem logical to me. On the other hand, whoever said REC members were logical?

I also have trouble accepting the idea that the media would/could sit on an anti-Tide story. At least some reporters (even cub reporters at campus newspapers, including probably even the Crimson White) would see any such scandal, regardless of school, as a great way to make their career...there have to be some journalists who care little about football but live for the chance to break such a great scoop! Certainly reporters in Atlanta, Tennessee, or other surrounding states would want such headlines. Heck, I think even Finebaum, who after all seems more concerned about his own self-importance than anything else, would drool for the ratings he could get from such a story.

No, that doesn't make any sense. Grades were changed when it was thought they'd commit to uat. The commits changing their minds never entered into the thought processes of the grade changers.

To recruits who openly stated they weren't interested in Alabama throughout the process? nice

Ryan Williams was never ever ever a Bama lean.

Chapman wanted to go to Bama all along, but Shula & staff didn't offer him. Some of you conspiracy theorists are unbelievable!

"Generally, if a transcript error takes place at the high school level and is later discovered, the college or university is not considered at fault nor in danger of violating NCAA rules unless the student PARTICIPATES in an athletic contest after the school was notified of eligibility concerns."

Chapman wanted to go to Bama all along, but Shula & staff didn't offer him. Some of you conspiracy theorists are unbelievable!

"Generally, if a transcript error takes place at the high school level and is later discovered, the college or university is not considered at fault nor in danger of violating NCAA rules unless the student PARTICIPATES in an athletic contest after the school was notified of eligibility concerns."

Suuuuuuure. One of the best players in the state and they didn't offer him anything. They only offered him the chance to be able to play this fall, when it was obvious he was not going to be able to. ;)

Archived