Astros Fire Manager Garner and GM Purpura

Jenny AU-92

Drayton McClain just fired our manager, Phil Garner and GM Tim Purpura. Purpura is a good riddance - he couldn't trade his way out of a paper bag. When he dealt Willy Tavaras, I knew we had problems. When he DIDN'T deal Ensberg and Lane, I knew we had problems. I even heard a rumor that he got his GM job by asskissing McClain, and that he was in over his head. DUH.

Garner is a different story - I thought he was doing the best he could with what he had to work with, which wasn't too much these days. Not his fault, but I guess we needed some new blood. No idea who that will be tho...

Yeah, seems sort of stupid to fire a manager that had you in the World Series a couple of years ago but has had dismal talent to work with since.

Not surprised that they're gone, but I figured that it would happen after the season.

Purpura had to go.

I actually think Garner is a bit relieved, to be truthful...he didn't sound bitter at all.

Not surprised that they're gone, but I figured that it would happen after the season.

Purpura had to go.

I actually think Garner is a bit relieved, to be truthful...he didn't sound bitter at all.

I think ScrapIron is happy to get away from the "Jerry Jones" of baseball.

Drayton needs to fire himself

Archived