LSU/MSU Game

runswithscissors

actually a pretty good game so far. LSU doesn't look like the #2 team in the country though. MSU got robbed on that flea flicker to the end zone...i felt it was pass interference. what do you guys think so far about the game?

So far MSU doesn't look as bad as I thought they would look....AND....LSU doesn't look as good on the O.

I know it's the first game, but it still calls into question of the coaching staff that LSU has.

Am I seeing this right, but the whole LSU O seems to be looking back at the sideline to get their audibles. If this is the case, then I really call into question their coaching.

I am surprised it is still this close. LSU has given Miss. St. opportunities to keep it even closer. If the Miss. St. QB would quit throwing up Hail Mary passes and getting them intercepted, this could be an even more interesting ball game then it is.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Miss. State's defense pretty good last year?

So far MSU doesn't look as bad as I thought they would look....AND....LSU doesn't look as good on the O.

I know it's the first game, but it still calls into question of the coaching staff that LSU has.

Am I seeing this right, but the whole LSU O seems to be looking back at the sideline to get their audibles. If this is the case, then I really call into question their coaching.

i would have to agree. consider this: LSU has recovered 4 MSU turnovers and only leads by 10. well, might be 17 here in a few seconds....MSU is beating themselves

the LSU O-Line looks to be an issue also. look at all the holding penalties.

I agree. again, I call bad coaching on that.

In the end I think LSU will pull ahead because they have more talent. They will wear MSU out.

MSU's D is pretty good. They will keep them in games this year.

I realize the score is 17-0, but:

1) MSU's QB could possibly be the worst QB I have ever seen. Honestly. The kid has thrown 4 interceptions and the other throws have just not even been close. He has had 1 good throw so far (the 25 yard throw to midfield). I stand by my prediction that they will not win a single SEC game.

2) Is this a vanilla offense for LSU? Or is this what we can expect with Jimbo Fisher gone?

3) LSU's offensive line doesn't impress at all.

4) LSU's defense is as good as advertised and as expected.

I hope this is the same LSU team that we see in October

:msu: is giving this game away. 4 interceptions in the first half. That was CLEARLY pass interference in the end zone. Merry Christmas corndogs.

LSU has about 100 penalties already. I said LSU would be inconsistent and underprepared for this game. So far, looks like I was right.

At LONG LAST, Les Miles is being exposed.

It's my opinion that Q. Groves and Tray Blackmon would have already taken over this game against LSU. They better tighten up that O-line or it's going to be ugly against the top-tier teams this year.

I agree that talent and depth is going to keep LSU on top of a very inspired MSU defense running on pride and adrenaline...

Go Bulldogs though! :thumbsup:

I do agree that was pass interference. I jumped out of my chair during the live play. I felt bad for MSU on that play.

How Lou will bring up ND/USC:

"Well this is supposed to be the second best team, behind USC. But USC will lose to ND."

It's my opinion that Q. Groves and Tray Blackmon would have already taken over this game against LSU. They better tighten up that O-line or it's going to be ugly against the top-tier teams this year.

I agree that talent and depth is going to keep LSU on top of a very inspired MSU defense running on pride and adrenaline...

Go Bulldogs though! :thumbsup:

i would think so. MSU just put a spy on Flynn and that pretty much stopped the option. MSU isn't doing horribly against the run, but not doing great. and you know when LSU throws they're going for Doucet. i think MSU will come out fired up. we'll see. this game SHOULD be 17-7 right now. as CircleDrill said, merry Christmas corndogs on that PI on the endzone.

OH...and it's nice to see the Big East stepping up and playing the big boys.

Back to MSU and LSU. I know it's hard to make a read off the first game. Most teams get better between the first and second game, BUT the holding calls on LSU haven't been hard ones to call.

I HAVE to believe LSU is playing more of a base O. There's no way this is what we can expect out of them all year. If so, I don't LSU runs away with the SEC West title. It should be a great year.

MSU's QB is making a lot of bad reads or just plain out forcing it. I know they are having a hard time running it, but come on, play smarter and the score isn't where it is now.

MSU's QB is making a lot of bad reads or just plain out forcing it. I know they are having a hard time running it, but come on, play smarter and the score isn't where it is now.

He's reminding me of Brandon Cox's first game.

Brandon wasn't this bad.

I must admit, besides LSU's vanilla offense today, Matt Flynn has looked like a star veteran. He knows when to throw and when to tuck and run. His passes have been right on the money

Matt has been good. They run good routes and he puts it right where it's suppose to be.

This drive just might be the nail....

only problem is, isn't Hennig a senior???

correction: he is a JR

Holy $%!+ what a hit! Did you see his head on the replay?

yeah i'm guessing #42 has a mild concussion right now. he has that "you did WHAT for HOW MANY jellybeans???" look.

This may be the worst quarterback I've seen in years.

See? The Otter Effect is taking hold. One nanosecond after I type that, Henig throws a huge lob downfield.

Archived