LSU/MSU Game

runswithscissors

Man. Everybody's bailed on this thread.

i don't think they're going to put Henig back in. looks like its over. then again, their 2nd string would probably be an improvement at this point?

int 5 for the night, LSU returns it to inside the MSU 10. LSU lucked up tonight. i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm sure LSU has a really good defense. but i don't think they're really doing anything special. MSU beat themselves tonight.

nice dump off to the middle by Flynn. he has looked sharp for the most part tonight. 31-0 LSU. maybe now MSU will bench Henig....like they probably should have done halfway thru the 2nd quarter.

I think next week well tell us a LOT more about LSU. They have kept it pretty simple. That won't play against VTECH.

I'll come away from this game thinking this.

MSU -The D will help keep them in games. Their front 5 seem big and fast. Maybe not the biggest and fastest, but enough to make life unpleasant for teams that's O is that great.

The O Line looks alright. They give enough time for a QB to make reads. Now, you need to have a QB that makes the right read. That doesn't look to be the case. At least not in this game.

Special Teams - A lot of dancing that doesn't really go anywhere.

LSU -D looks really good. Very fasy, all over the place. They will be a good gorup this year.

O -Didn't show anything. Basic plays. The QB looks sharp and smart. WR's run good routes. The O Line might be a ? for this team. MSU didn't seem to have a ton of issues getting past them (when they weren't being held). Overall, LSU is a very good team. I'll wait till next week to say they are great.

Oh..and worst QB. They might have been the QB for South Carolina when they came to Auburn. I know he was a backup....but man was he bad.

Just to show you how bad this game is, I'm working on a proposal while watching. My wife just came in and asked if she could flip to Law & Order. I said, 'Sure, go ahead.'

i feel bad for everyone on the MSU sideline except Henig, and Sly. LSU isn't really pressuring Henig, O-line is holding. Henig is just flat out all over the place tonight. as for Sly, he needs to pull his QB out now. period. there's no sense in this, the kid can hardly walk downfield. the MSU D is still out there playing smashmouth, and they don't really look horrible. its hard when you have your back against the wall every scoring drive. i really do feel for those guys, i think everyone put it all out there except their QB. i hate to pin it on one guy, but if you see it any other way i would really like to see that argument.

i think we will see a little closer game next week with LSU and VT. LSU will be complacent and we all know that VT has something to prove this season. Flynn has really surprised me. i expected a bit more of drop off, but i have really been surprised. he shows excellent composure in the pocket and can make plays. O-Line will be a concern. they're having the problems they are having against MSU on the line, it will be really interesting if that continues throughout the season.

and as Henig throws his sixth INT, again, i reiterate that Sly made a horrible decision keeping him in the game.

Well, if you are MSU, there's only 10 more weeks till the Egg Bowl. The only game Croom needs to win.... I guess.

MSU's QB is a bit of a headcase. I guess at some point he had a good game....or do they just have NO OTHER person on the cmpus that can put a jerzey on and go?

Of course, he's best game of the year will against Auburn and some random MSU fan will find this post and go on and on (I worked over in Tupleo for awhile...they will talk trash anyway and aytime they can).

Hey Jackie, do you feel responsable for any of this? Your cheating a few years back really handcuffed this team for years.

I don't Like Jackie.

MSU is one terrible football team and to think - this team beat alabama at tuscaloosa last year.

i wouldn't flat out say the team is terrible this season. but i'm not going to say they should have beaten us last season either.

MSU is one terrible football team and to think - this team beat alabama at tuscaloosa last year.

Now that was a hard game to watch. To pitiful offenses against two decent defenses. The fact that State probably had a better defense made the difference in that game.

Prowler and I watched the game and we finally had to turn it off, I have never seen a worse offensive performance, I wonder if Msu has a playbook? All I saw was 3 steps and throw it to the other team. I think State will have trouble winning 2 games Gardner Webb, maybe Uab and thats it. Croom is gone after the season. I cant believe they interviewed Jackie, the man that ran Msu into the ground

Terrible. Can't really tell how good LSU is. I only watched the 1st half, but from that point of view, they have a very good defense and an average offense.

I tell you I'm not that impressed with LSU and I don't think they are the #2 in the country. Flynn looks like what we expected from Tebow this year. Very mobile and athletic but looks like a fish out of water on pass plays. The TD to Doucet was the only good throw he made all night . The RT for LSU resembled a swinging gate and if they don't fix that, Big Q may decapitate Flynn.

I was not at all impressed with LSU. I think the main problem is Henig is not on the same page as the playbook. Of the four first half interceptions.....one was a bad throw behind the receiver, one was the blatant PI in the endzone, the other two looked like the receiver broke at the wrong time. That can be either the QB or WR, hard to say. I think LSU did hold back a lot, but their offense was borderline pitiful. I guess we'll see next week vs Va Tech

On a side note....I just scored some AU/LSU tickets in the Auburn section, looking forward to that.

Let's see...six interceptions, 3 fumbles, 1 fumble lost.

And to think LSU has only scored 45 points.

Exactly. Don't forget about the turnover on downs when Henig fumbled the snap on a 4th and 1. 8 turnovers... if they were as good as their hype, it should've been 56 pts, minimum.

LSU won and won easily, imo.

Maybe the score didnt indicate it but they had control the entire game.

First games can be ugly even for NC teams.

I still think LSU loses 2-3 games but this game did nothing to hurt their ranking, imo

Archived