Our real problem

ProgRock

This is THE problem.We've got Rod Smith(experienced) Prechae(experienced) and R Dunn(experienced) and a 5th year SR QB.....why.......aren't any of these combos coming to fruition?What happen to the hit in stride long pass play? doesn't Swinton have the speed?Our passing game(or lack of) is what's causing the low scoring,the stacking the line,the sacks the whole nine yards.We're throwing way too many balls(NOW) to the tight end and the HB....this is not fooling anyone anymore we have officially overdone it.Our WideOuts MUST be more than glorified run blockers.If truly want a balanced offense we have to pass or die trying to,it won't get better offensively untill it happens......please fire Greg Knox and get these kids a Real WR coach someone proven(Where's Jerry Rice call him now).....for those of you who may not agree let me ask you a question...if we HAD to play a game with almost a stickly passing type game ala Hawaii do you think we could beat any 1A division team?

This is THE problem.We've got Rod Smith(experienced) Prechae(experienced) and R Dunn(experienced) and a 5th year SR QB.....why.......aren't any of these combos coming to fruition?What happen to the hit in stride long pass play? doesn't Swinton have the speed?Our passing game(or lack of) is what's causing the low scoring,the stacking the line,the sacks the whole nine yards.We're throwing way too many balls(NOW) to the tight end and the HB....this is not fooling anyone anymore we have officially overdone it.Our WideOuts MUST be more than glorified run blockers.If truly want a balanced offense we have to pass or die trying to,it won't get better offensively untill it happens......please fire Greg Knox and get these kids a Real WR coach someone proven(Where's Jerry Rice call him now).....for those of you who may not agree let me ask you a question...if we HAD to play a game with almost a stickly passing type game ala Hawaii do you think we could beat any 1A division team?

I guess you do not realize that we suck due to poor recruiting.

We suck because Gregg Knox cannot coach a wide receiver out of a paper bag!!

I said the exact same thing last week. Our wide receivers, for as long as I can remember have been bad. Taylor last year was the closest thing we have had to a playmaker in forever at receiver. Even when we had Devin and Ben, they dropped way too many balls. Knox does need to be replaced for sure.

The receiver situtation is not good. We obviously have talented outs but we can't get them the damn ball. Hawthorne, Slaughter, Smith, Swinton, P-Rod (I guess)? These kids are all solid. Hate to say it, but if I were a receiver coming out of high school, AU would be the last place I looked. Don't know if it is Knox, the playbook, the gameplans or what, but if frustrates me. I really think these kids could shine. I don't buy the whole "our receivers can't get open" out either.

i hope you're kidding. there's nothing whatsoever wrong with our recruiting.

What puzzles me is WHY are Hawthorne and Slaughter not playing by now. Sure, they came in late due to clearance and an accident but how long does it take to get your two best receivers (by the coaches statements) on the field? BTW, Dunn and Swinton have been around long enough to get some production on the field and that hasn't happened either. P Rod and Rod Smith have never been that great and certainly aren't this year either when compared with Devin O and Ben O. Don't know what is going on with our WR coaching and our players. If CTT and CAB don't begin to spread the field and open up their game, we are going to be hard pressed to recruit top quality WR's who want to showcase their talents. (like Julio Jones) Moreover, you can't win this day and time with a one-dimensional offense. I thought they knew that!

We suck because Gregg Knox cannot coach a wide receiver out of a paper bag!!

Im glad someone else notices this. Ben Obomanu was a 5 star recruit, and should have been a for sure top 2 round pick in the draft. The only reason Knox is still around is because he is a good recruiter. I say good riddance

Im glad someone else notices this. Ben Obomanu was a 5 star recruit, and should have been a for sure top 2 round pick in the draft. The only reason Knox is still around is because he is a good recruiter. I say good riddance

not at all what i've heard from some sources that know better. supposedly he's pretty damn bad about running kids off with incessant pestering. i would love to see a new face that might be able to make our passing game a factor and get these kids ready for sec football.

I have been saying this about Knox since he got here. We have never had a WR that even got close to his potential since Knox stepped on campus... well maybe Ronnie Daniels.

Archived