Who lives in the past?

Roll Tide Rev

I forget which side was it that insisted that SHULA looked like a young BEAR BRYANT?

Who created that picture of SHULA leaning against the goal post like the famous Bear picture?

I've had conversation after conversation with Bama fans on how SABAN is going to bring them back to the glory Bama had under the BEAR. That sums it up perfectly, Bama fans, for the most part not everyone of them, are to busy thinking about 1978.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not starting this thread to cause a flame war, but i just wondered something. AU fans are always accusing us of living in the past and the reality is that it's you guys who are always bringing up the past. First you always bring up the Bear. Second you accuse us of living in the past yet you can't let go of the fact you have beaten us the past 5 years. Don't get me wrong, you guys deserve to brag and I would be bragging to, but isn't it a bit hypocritical?

Now you AU fans are having a rough run of it and trust me when I say I know the feeling, so you are falling back on the past and 5 in a row. Is this not what we as Bama fans have been accused of?

Seriously can we discuss this? I am writing this with the utmost respect for you.

Don't even start this topic. I was in a restaurant with 41 Alabama fans when the UA-Arkansas game came on the television. Yes, there were 41. I counted.

Between the opening kickoff and the 14th point I heard at least three references to 1992 and a minimum of eight invocations of "Bear." Primarily on successful plays where some bouiffant heifer would jump up and shout "that raht there is how tha bahr woulda called it".

No offense to anyone, but I've never seen a collective group of "fans" with less football knowledge in my life. On the punt that was downed inside the Arkansas five, the biggest and loudest of the bunch leaped up and kicked a chair because "that idiot dropped the ball." He was so stupid he never figured out that the punt team wasn't required to catch the punt. Moron.

I love Auburn. I've watched five different Auburn coaches in my lifetime. I've seen some tremendous successes. I love Pat Dye and think he was a fantastic coach. Not once in my entire life, however, have I compared every move made by any subsequent coach to how Dye would have done it.

You see, that's the difference between AU and AL fans. Auburn fans love the team. At Alabama its a cult of personality. The man is always bigger than the team. Thank God AU fans don't deify anyone like you guys do.

I do not know where you live, but I have never in my 30 years heard anyone say, "that raht there is how tha bahr woulda called it". I think Auburn fans feed off of this and make it bigger than it is. I will admit the houndstooth thing, but I do not sit and obsess about "how Bear would have done it", seeing as I was 5 when he died. :rolleyes:

Do you listen to JOX?

It ain't the Auburn fans constantly calling in comparing Saban to Bahr.

It's not just the Bama fans comparing Saban to Coach Bryant. Do you watch any or the games on ESPN or any of the networks? These announcers are constantly doing the comparison. That is what really bothers a lot of Auburn fans. The fact that there is hardly a game shown on any network where Alabama is not mentioned and in a positive light. Last night on the ESPN game, Alabama won the Pontiac play of the week, and several times they talked about Alabama, and after the game they did a special report on Bama.

And Forrest Gump was on TNT last night; even the regular TV Networks are recognizing that 'Bama Football and the Bear are the greatest things that ever happened to planet Earth and are trying to capitalize on the media attention. Oh, and did you see the Notre Dame game? At the end there were thousands of students ripping off their green and blue ND t-shirts revealing crimson t-shirts with logos like "Bear/Saban is God" and "ND sucks, I'm jumping on the Saban Bandwagon!", and even a few pulled out houndstooth caps! Yep, 'Bama fever is sweeping the nation and we are all just going to have to jump onboard; if you can't beat them, join them, I say!

OK there I was just today in my car listening to ******** (yes I listen to him), and sure enough no less than four Bama fans called and mentioned teh Bear. I can quote two of them from memory.

"Saban's code word is success but the Bear lived by the code word of class. We need to get back to the class Bear lived by"

"we're trying to get back to the winning tradition we had under Bear,....... Bear did things the right way"

Yep, it's us Aubies who live in the past.

OK there I was just today in my car listening to ******** (yes I listen to him), and sure enough no less than four Bama fans called and mentioned teh Bear. I can quote two of them from memory.

"Saban's code word is success but the Bear lived by the code word of class. We need to get back to the class Bear lived by"

"we're trying to get back to the winning tradition we had under Bear,....... Bear did things the right way"

Would you like Auburn fans to be held to the standard set by their callers on that show? Because I'd be MORE than happy to paint Auburn fans with that brush.

Would you like Auburn fans to be held to the standard set by their callers on that show? Because I'd be MORE than happy to paint Auburn fans with that brush.

BG, let's try and stay on topic here.

On topic? I was merely shooting holes in your statement there. Unless you think people who call in to that show are an accurate representation of the entire fanbase.

And if you do, then I'd be more than happy to assume the losers who call in and represent AU...are typical AU fans.

On topic? I was merely shooting holes in your statement there. Unless you think people who call in to that show are an accurate representation of the entire fanbase.

And if you do, then I'd be more than happy to assume the losers who call in and represent AU...are typical AU fans.

Come on now BG, Auburn fans don't call into that show, we refuse to claim those who do call in and say they're Auburn fans.

Come on now BG, Auburn fans don't call into that show, we refuse to claim those who do call in and say they're Auburn fans.

Ditto for Bama fans.

Fact is, they're not. They're caricatures paid by ******** to appear on his show.

But the bama fans -- with a few exceptions -- are 100% genuine. I know and live among these people, B. I don't have to turn on ******** to hear them. All I have to do is go to a function at my daughter's school. Or attend a football game here and listen to the ginormous redneck that runs the PA system bleat "RTR" and play that noxious hillbilly Lynrd Sknyrd song between quarters. Nobody stops him. Nobody says anything. Nobody does anything when he sends people home after the game telling them to "be safe and remember the words of the Bear." It's beyond obnoxious. All I have to do is go to any store, any restaurant, any gas station, any church within 100 miles of my house and I'll see and hear them. My daughter's cross country team is raffling off paintings to raise money. Guess what one of them is? A painting of an elephant with Bryant's visage hidden in the wrinkles of its ear. Utterly nauseating. But the dumbass bama fans are lined up to buy tickets. I bought a bunch myself. And if I win the detestable thing -- it'll be presented at halftime at homecoming, I'm going to stomp it to pieces right there on the field. And then if the cops aren't looking I might piss on it.

I don't know how else to convey this to you: The fantasy world you inhabit where Bama fans exhibit class and decorum, that place where Bear Bryant is just a former coach and not an exalted diety does not exist in this plane. It is an imaginary world. You and a few select friends are the only ones who live there.

Well there were about 130k people on the quad saturday...including 45 at my tailgate. Not one mention of Coach Bryant.

LSU and UGA fans at our tailgate. All went on and on about how awesome our fans were.

Like I've said before...you see what you want to see.

I don't WANT to see Auburn fans as something negative. I don't get off on putting down opposing fans, or perpetuating old stereotypes.

You keep telling yourself that there are only two people in the world who are decent people and Bama fans. And I think that's sad.

Well there were about 130k people on the quad saturday...including 45 at my tailgate. Not one mention of Coach Bryant.

LSU and UGA fans at our tailgate. All went on and on about how awesome our fans were.

Like I've said before...you see what you want to see.

I don't WANT to see Auburn fans as something negative. I don't get off on putting down opposing fans, or perpetuating old stereotypes.

You keep telling yourself that there are only two people in the world who are decent people and Bama fans. And I think that's sad.

This is ALL you EVER have. Unsubstantiated nonsense.

"Well, there were all these people wandering around telling us how great we were and nobody mentioned Bryant"

:bs::bs: :bs:

Holy Horsemanure, B, I saw GameDay on television. I saw the hillbillies milling around. I saw the signs they held -- funnily enough 1of 5 were about Auburn, but that's another topic.

What Auburn fans do or don't do isn't germane to the discussion. The overwhelming majority of Bama fans are exactly as I describe them. For every one who exhibits the tiniest smidgen of decorum, class or sportsmanship I know a hundred others who barely rise above the level of a braying jackass. The stereotypes aren't "old." Jesus in a pimped out Chevy! I live in this hellhole. I'd much rather Bama fans on the whole not be ignorant rubes. My life would be more pleasant if they had the least bit of decency, could carry on an intelligent discussion or didn't revert to "Bear, 12, 1992" in every single mother*@%#& conversation. But in my experience, in an entire life lived mostly within an hour of that cesspool in Tuscaloosa I've run across very, very few of them. VERY few.

Why are my claims "unsubstantiated", but yours aren't?

The overwhelming majority of Bama fans are exactly as I describe them.

The overwhelming majority of Bama fans are EXACTLY how I describe them.

Why are my claims "unsubstantiated", but yours aren't?

The overwhelming majority of Bama fans are exactly as I describe them.

The overwhelming majority of Bama fans are EXACTLY how I describe them.

You've got your one lone voice here.

I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. But when four, five or six people express similar sentiments and experiences, you dismiss those as extreme examples, too.

I know Bama class when I see it, B. There are exceptions, but for the most part Bama class is red and it's low.

I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. But when four, five or six people express similar sentiments and experiences, you dismiss those as extreme examples, too.

I know Bama class when I see it, B. There are exceptions, but for the most part Bama class is red and it's low.

I'm not the only one who feels the way I do either. Go to an OU message board and ask them about Bama fans. Go to a Bama message board. Go to a UGA board and ask people about the game saturday. How about a UCLA board? Or even an Arkansas board?

How many Bear Bryant signs did you see saturday?

I'm not the only one who feels the way I do either. Go to an OU message board and ask them about Bama fans. Go to a Bama message board. Go to a UGA board and ask people about the game saturday. How about a UCLA board? Or even an Arkansas board?

Aw yes... Continuous, worthless efforts to change an Auburn fan's mind about Bama (even more fruitless would be trying to change GG's mind....not gonna happen.)

bgmonkeypb4.jpg

Dude, it's one thing to follow me around everywhere I post.

It's another to post that stupid picture after every post, I'm sure it's something an 11 year old would find funny.

2 threads in the Rivals forum. Is THIS what you mean by following you around "all over the forums"? :lol:

I've posted the pic twice. One, Two.... And BG, take a look and ask yourself... Self? Has he actually posted that pic after "EVERY" post?

..Dude...

Get over yourself.

As far as the pic, I think you'll be seeing it a lot more. As annoyed as you might get by it, you'll get a slight glimps of how annoying your non-stop defense of bama on Auburn board might be.

Sorry...but get used to it. :thumbsup:

As far as the pic, I think you'll be seeing it a lot more. As annoyed as you might get by it, you'll get a slight glimps of how annoying your non-stop defense of bama on Auburn board might be.

Sorry...but get used to it.

Like I said, 11 year old.

I tried avoiding your posts. I suggest you do the same for mine.

So, I'm not allowed to post on the Auburn Rivals forum? Why? Cause I bother you? I'm sorry.. I'd hate for YOU to feel chapped and upset because someone doesn't care for your approach or posts. It's hard to avoid you BG.....Cause you ARE just about everywhere. And what you say, DOES matter when it comes to spewing BS half the time.

Sorry. I'll be around.

I don't care what age you think I am.

Anything else?

How many Bryant signs? About 1 out of 10 had some reference to houndstooth -- which despite your protestations means only one thing.

Ah yeah. An OU board. They don't have to deal with you guys 24/7. Ask K-State, Washington State, USF, Syracuse or anybody that comes to AU from long distances. You'll get all kinds of glowing reports.

Inside the SEC, however, Bama is universally reviled. Bama and Tennessee = Most arrogant, obnoxious fans. Bama = Least knowledgable fans. The list goes on and on.

Fact is, they're not. They're caricatures paid by ******** to appear on his show.

But the bama fans -- with a few exceptions -- are 100% genuine. I know and live among these people, B. I don't have to turn on ******** to hear them. All I have to do is go to a function at my daughter's school. Or attend a football game here and listen to the ginormous redneck that runs the PA system bleat "RTR" and play that noxious hillbilly Lynrd Sknyrd song between quarters. Nobody stops him. Nobody says anything. Nobody does anything when he sends people home after the game telling them to "be safe and remember the words of the Bear." It's beyond obnoxious. All I have to do is go to any store, any restaurant, any gas station, any church within 100 miles of my house and I'll see and hear them. My daughter's cross country team is raffling off paintings to raise money. Guess what one of them is? A painting of an elephant with Bryant's visage hidden in the wrinkles of its ear. Utterly nauseating. But the dumbass bama fans are lined up to buy tickets. I bought a bunch myself. And if I win the detestable thing -- it'll be presented at halftime at homecoming, I'm going to stomp it to pieces right there on the field. And then if the cops aren't looking I might piss on it.

I don't know how else to convey this to you: The fantasy world you inhabit where Bama fans exhibit class and decorum, that place where Bear Bryant is just a former coach and not an exalted diety does not exist in this plane. It is an imaginary world. You and a few select friends are the only ones who live there.

Where on earth do you live?!?!?!? :big:

So, I'm not allowed to post on the Auburn Rivals forum? Why? Cause I bother you? I'm sorry.. I'd hate for YOU to feel chapped and upset because someone doesn't care for your approach or posts. It's hard to avoid you BG.....Cause you ARE just about everywhere. And what you say, DOES matter when it comes to spewing BS half the time.

Sorry. I'll be around.

I don't care what age you think I am.

Anything else?

By all means, post it again. I am a 30 year old bammer and I find it quite amusing. Roll Tide!!

I am not starting this thread to cause a flame war, but i just wondered something. AU fans are always accusing us of living in the past and the reality is that it's you guys who are always bringing up the past. First you always bring up the Bear. Second you accuse us of living in the past yet you can't let go of the fact you have beaten us the past 5 years. Don't get me wrong, you guys deserve to brag and I would be bragging to, but isn't it a bit hypocritical?

Now you AU fans are having a rough run of it and trust me when I say I know the feeling, so you are falling back on the past and 5 in a row. Is this not what we as Bama fans have been accused of?

Seriously can we discuss this? I am writing this with the utmost respect for you.

...and just WHO started this thread about the past???? :poke:

:au::homer:

Archived