Every Bammer should quit

townhallsavoy

So today, I'm in the car at around 3:30ish and sadly, Sportscall doesn't start until 4. So yes, I listened to the cockroach and heard something rather interesting.

Saban condemned the Bammers throwing cups. What's interesting is that Saban said nothing when a drunk LSU fan threw a lit cigar that hit Tommy Tuberville. He said nothing when Tuberville's mother got hit with a beer bottle. He said nothing when LSU fans rocked Auburn's bus. However, he calls out the fans when they pelt Georgia with debris after they lose.

Saban also condemned someone who called Major Applewhite's phone in the middle of the night to complain about the playcalling.

WHHAAA? Are Bammers really that insane? Delusional? Obsessed? A caller called in and claimed that a BOT was the one who called. If that's true, that's ten times crazier than a fan calling.

Pat Forde reported two big liquor bottles thrown on the field. He counted 89 cups. 1 loss. 1 loss after three big wins. 1 loss to a good Georgia team in overtime. 1 loss caused Bammers to jump the Saban ship.

This is why I always argue with people who say, "I'm glad Alabama got a good coach. I hope they do well so the Iron Bowl is a bigger game. I want to beat Bama when they're at the top of their game. It'll be a bigger rivalry nationally." NO. Sorry. Their fans are a bunch of maniacs who won't stop short of throwing a damn glass bottle at you. I hope they go 0-12 every year and eventually get caught cheating bad enough that they get the death penalty from the NCAA.

I heard it was an AU fan posing as a Bama fan.

Saban disagrees.

I don’t think it’s classy to throw something on somebody else. I don’t think it’s classy to call somebody’s house at night and complain about something. I don’t think any of that is classy. If anybody out there, our fans and our supporters don’t think all the coaches here don’t work hard and want to win as bad as anybody and as well as the players—trust and believe in that. Trust and believe in doing it right. If you want to do something, do something positive to support the program or don’t do anything at all.”

It has to be someone pretty important to have Applewhite's phone number and for him to pick up the phone after a loss

How would he know if it was a UA or AU fan based on a phone call to Major's house?

I mean could you extrapolate from voice tonalities or breathing patterns? Maybe it was pacing in speech...

Or maybe it was an AU fan trying to make us look bad...said they were upset with the loss, and hung up. No way you could tell whether they were a true Bama fan or not.

How would he know if it was a UA or AU fan based on a phone call to Major's house?

I mean could you extrapolate from voice tonalities or breathing patterns? Maybe it was pacing in speech...

Or maybe it was an AU fan trying to make us look bad...said they were upset with the loss, and hung up. No way you could tell whether they were a true Bama fan or not.

D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L.

And now, in more ways than one!

OK, let's say that it WAS an Alabama fan. I'll give you that.

Let's say there are 3 million Alabama fans alive today. 1 phone call...one outrageous fan...out of 3 million.

I'll take it.

Even better, 89 cups and 2 glass containers. That's 91 fans.

That's less than one out of every 1,000 fans who were at the game saturday.

Let's say there are 3 million Alabama fans alive today. 1 phone call...one outrageous fan...out of 3 million.

I'll take it.

That's 91 fans worthy enough of having an article on ESPN all to themselves. That's one outrageous fan worthy enough of having Nick Saban, Führer of Sabanation, to call him/her out in a press conference.

A friend of mine who is a Bama fan has been giving me some Roll Tides every week. Almost every day. It's not really a serious jab - she just says, "Roll Tide" and smiles. No big deal. I can handle a little smack. Then Sunday comes, and I say, "I guess today I finally get to say 'War Eagle!'" She responds, "You Aubies sure like to f--king rub it in. Who'd you beat, New Mexico St? Come back when you get your second championship." That's what she said to me. So, plus one for a crazy response to a friendly jab. That's 93 fans.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I were standing in line at a gas station. A lady in front of us was wearing a Bama shirt. My friend asked, "Ma'am, why are you an Alabama fan?" She snaps back, "Well, I'm from Alabama aren't I? Makes sense that I go for the team that my state goes for. Makes sense to go for the team that the Bear played (Yes, she said played) for. Why are you a cow college fan?" Plus 1. 94 fans.

Last season, after the Iron Bowl, walking down the steps, I stopped to let an old woman cut in front of me from her bleacher. I smiled and said, "Go ahead." She responds, real sweetly, "Honey, don't think this'll last. We've been here for 60 years. We know what kind of spirit the Bear left behind. You give just give it time. Things will go back the way they're supposed to be." Plus one for Grandma. That's 95 fans.

2004, Auburn wins Iron Bowl. Undefeated regular season. I go to meet a friend of mine at the stadium. THREE BEER BOTTLES are tossed at a crowd of Auburn fans. I sprinted to a tailgate and stood underneath their tent. I'll give Bama the benefit of the doubt and say that one crazy threw the three bottles. Plus one. That's 96 fans.

I have plenty more stories. As does everybody else on this board. If everyone else is exaggerating theirs, then maybe Bama isn't as crazy as I thought. But in my experience, Bammers are looney - not only to opposing fans, but to their own coaches.

I'll take it.

That's 91 fans worthy enough of having an article on ESPN all to themselves. That's one outrageous fan worthy enough of having Nick Saban, Führer of Sabanation, to call him/her out in a press conference.

A friend of mine who is a Bama fan has been giving me some Roll Tides every week. Almost every day. It's not really a serious jab - she just says, "Roll Tide" and smiles. No big deal. I can handle a little smack. Then Sunday comes, and I say, "I guess today I finally get to say 'War Eagle!'" She responds, "You Aubies sure like to f--king rub it in. Who'd you beat, New Mexico St? Come back when you get your second championship." That's what she said to me. So, plus one for a crazy response to a friendly jab. That's 93 fans.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I were standing in line at a gas station. A lady in front of us was wearing a Bama shirt. My friend asked, "Ma'am, why are you an Alabama fan?" She snaps back, "Well, I'm from Alabama aren't I? Makes sense that I go for the team that my state goes for. Makes sense to go for the team that the Bear played (Yes, she said played) for. Why are you a cow college fan?" Plus 1. 94 fans.

Last season, after the Iron Bowl, walking down the steps, I stopped to let an old woman cut in front of me from her bleacher. I smiled and said, "Go ahead." She responds, real sweetly, "Honey, don't think this'll last. We've been here for 60 years. We know what kind of spirit the Bear left behind. You give just give it time. Things will go back the way they're supposed to be." Plus one for Grandma. That's 95 fans.

2004, Auburn wins Iron Bowl. Undefeated regular season. I go to meet a friend of mine at the stadium. THREE BEER BOTTLES are tossed at a crowd of Auburn fans. I sprinted to a tailgate and stood underneath their tent. I'll give Bama the benefit of the doubt and say that one crazy threw the three bottles. Plus one. That's 96 fans.

I have plenty more stories. As does everybody else on this board. If everyone else is exaggerating theirs, then maybe Bama isn't as crazy as I thought. But in my experience, Bammers are looney - not only to opposing fans, but to their own coaches.

You can't prove that all of your stories didn't come from people who were in the stands. So we could still be back at 91.

I'll take it.

Awesome. Breaking down the Redneck nation to rationalize throwing of crap on the field. :thumbsup:

It isn't cool if it's only ONE throwing it. That's why we've got issues to handle with our OWN students and people doing that.

Don't try to get into a pissing match and try to prove who's fans have more doing it! It just shouldn't happen PERIOD.

:no:

It has to be someone pretty important to have Applewhite's phone number and for him to pick up the phone after a loss

It's even more sad that Applepie called his daddy to complain about someone calling him.

I'll take it.

Your kind of missing the point on this one BG3.Maybe Shane can figure it out

I'll take it.

You can't prove that all of your stories didn't come from people who were in the stands. So we could still be back at 91.

You can fit 3 million fans in your stadium????

BG, stop now. This is one debate you have no chance of winning. Your own coach is calling out your fans. Not ONE fan. Your team lost. Your fans acted like a bunch of morons. I rarely listen to PF any more but my father-in-law calls me today laughing, saying I should turn it on. Bama's in melt down mode.

One loss. What thuh hayull is goin' on?

I'll take it.

Oh, yeah. That's so much better.

I'll take it.

No. If you want to play that game, you have to count only the fans close enough and able to hit Georgia players with their drinks and glass bottles.

absolute 100% cream of the crop fantastic hilarious delusion. good lord.

We were all to busy out in the front yard barking at the moon, like the real :uga: fans we are... ;)

Saban disagrees.

I don’t think it’s classy to throw something on somebody else. I don’t think it’s classy to call somebody’s house at night and complain about something. I don’t think any of that is classy. If anybody out there, our fans and our supporters don’t think all the coaches here don’t work hard and want to win as bad as anybody and as well as the players—trust and believe in that. Trust and believe in doing it right. If you want to do something, do something positive to support the program or don’t do anything at all.”

Saban knows about being classy? :blink:

Saban disagrees.

Saban knows about being classy? :blink:

My thoughts exactly. This coming from the man that reportedly verbally undressed someone for complimenting him on his haircut.

Archived