Hey LSU fans, help me out...

Ravad

blamed his players?

There was no such spark for Alabama's offense. "Maybe we need to improve our design," Saban said. "But I have a feeling once we watch the film, it will come down to execution."
"We had a great opportunity to come here and keep improving our identity as a football team," Saban said, "and I am not sure we did that by the way we performed in this game."
"I did not feel like we played with the kind of poise to execute the way we needed to execute to have success against a team of their caliber."

:thumbsdown:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blamed his players?

There was no such spark for Alabama's offense. "Maybe we need to improve our design," Saban said. "But I have a feeling once we watch the film, it will come down to execution."
"We had a great opportunity to come here and keep improving our identity as a football team," Saban said, "and I am not sure we did that by the way we performed in this game."
"I did not feel like we played with the kind of poise to execute the way we needed to execute to have success against a team of their caliber."

:thumbsdown:

definitely not to defend him, but you can't blame that ineptitude on offense on anybody but the players.

Saban hates getting the blame. He always has...now, he will say after games that it is his fault, coaches fault, etc....but inside, he has always hated it.

When LSU got spanked by Bama in 2002 (I think it was), he went after his players a good bit. I only remember that specifically because I got sent that article by email from everyone I knew at LSU....I need to find it...let me go look

Did yall hear him pump up FSU after the game? He said that was one of the best defenses he'd seen. :lol:

FSU has a very very strong defense. Granted, our offense didn't execute very well yesterday, but FSU's D is quite good.

Did yall hear him pump up FSU after the game? He said that was one of the best defenses he'd seen. :lol:

FSU has a very very strong defense. Granted, our offense didn't execute very well yesterday, but FSU's D is quite good.

Yeah, UAB only scored 24 on them...oh..sorry.

Guess you guys missed his press conference last week.

Selective perception.

Take one incident and use that as the only basis for making a judgement. Tebow throws one good pass and he's the greatest quarterback ever. No other quarterback has ever thrown an on-target pass before. Saban says the loss to Georgia was at least partically his fault so he always does it.

Tebow throws one good pass and he's the greatest quarterback ever.

I said he was the greatest QB ever? Or I said he's a GOOD QB?

He only completed one pass?

Selective perception.

Selective would be using this week's quotes while leaving out last week's. Wouldn't it? The question was posed "does Saban ALWAYS blame his players"...and I pointed out an example just six days ago where he took TOTAL blame. What's wrong with that?

FSU's defense is really, really good.

Signed,

Your pals Clemson and UAB.

The same Clemson team that didn't score in the entire 2nd half against FSU?

And don't forget, 14 of UAB's 24 points came from turnovers. One, a pick run all the way back, and another fumble that put them RIGHT near the end zone.

I'm not surprised at FSU's defense playing well as much as FSU scoring 21 pts on Bama's D. The Seminole offense has been a case study on ineptitude all season.

They didn't exactly score 21 points on our D. They only had one drive. And our O kept putting their O at midfield. Remember, we had a fumble on the 4 yd line which led to a TD, and the 70 yard hook route came because we were having to sell out for the run to get the ball back late...our rookie CB had no safety help and they decided to throw instead of run.

I thought our D played exceptionally well considering the circumstances they were constantly put in by our O's mishaps.

troy took that same fsu team down to the wire last year, did not trail until 3 minutes in the 4th. it was the pillowfight of the day between 2 teams trying to return to past glory.

Yeah, and Auburn beat the crap out of Miss State last year.

bg i get your point (and i totally agree about last year being irrelevant), but you're kidding yourself if you really think fsu only had one drive OR that fsu's defense is really one of the best saban has seen. c'mon now. they're a good defense, but they're not even the best defense you'll see THIS SEASON (hell i'll bet you a dollar they're at best the third best defensive team on your schedule).

fsu drove it like 60 yards to your 7 before prince hall stepped in front of one. the fumble was basically the pay off for keeping you in crappy field position. they had at least two legit drives and one really big play. that's enough to win you a lot of football games if you play defense.

in the end, bama is exactly where i thought they'd be. i picked 'em to finish 7-5. i said 6 of the teams on their schedule had better talent. i thought they'd pull one upset, and low and behold they're 1-2 in the games i was talking about.

They drove it to our 7 but you can't discount the interception. Prince made a good play on the ball. That's like giving us credit for a 3rd touchdown because Keith dropped that bomb in the end zone.

Considering all the jams our D was put in yesterday, I thought they played very well.

I picked 8-4 or 9-3 to start the year, and I think we are still on pace for that. At the beginning of the year I thought LSU would cream us. But considering how EVERYONE is playing so up and down this year, even that game isn't a given as a loss.

the game that's going to swing you to 8-4 is tennessee. i thought they'd have more defensively than they do. they're a joke on that side of the ball... the offense is pretty solid though.

i still say msu has the horses to run with you if their defense is clicking. pegues makes their secondary dangerous, and titus brown is the one of the top two ends in the conference this year. the way they run the ball and defend... that's a team that could shock you again. i know you don't believe me because we went at it over this in the offseason, but their starters are just talented as arkansas'.

They drove it to our 7 but you can't discount the interception. Prince made a good play on the ball. That's like giving us credit for a 3rd touchdown because Keith dropped that bomb in the end zone.

Considering all the jams our D was put in yesterday, I thought they played very well.

I picked 8-4 or 9-3 to start the year, and I think we are still on pace for that. At the beginning of the year I thought LSU would cream us. But considering how EVERYONE is playing so up and down this year, even that game isn't a given as a loss.

Bama's D held offensive powerhouse FSU to only three TD's in an instant classic defensive struggle. Forget about the fact that FSU had their fifth-string QB in the game....

It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Bama's D held offensive powerhouse FSU to only three TD's in an instant classic defensive struggle. Forget about the fact that FSU had their fifth-string QB in the game....

It's sad, that you refuse to bring anything to the table besides a crappy attitude and a flame thrower.

troy took that same fsu team down to the wire last year, did not trail until 3 minutes in the 4th. it was the pillowfight of the day between 2 teams trying to return to past glory.

Yeah, and Auburn beat the crap out of Miss State last year.

ok, smartie, this is the same fsu that got hosed by clemson, and had to RALLY TO BEAT UAB IN A COME FROM BEHIND WIN THIS YEAR..........uab also has a first year head coach playing with watson brown's players, put that in your bong and smoke it, big boy. prepare for your homecoming week and loss to the mighty houston cougars, they are averaging 30 a game and have only lost twice this year in a couple of shootouts. their QB is decent.

prepare my friend. meltdown ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon:

It's sad, that you refuse to bring anything to the table besides a crappy attitude and a flame thrower.

I have a great attitude. And I prefer to call it a FACT-thrower. I didn't flame anyone. Your boys did hold FSU to ONLY three TD's. Amazing. Astounding. Very, very exciting game. Awesome D by Bama. JPW is a truly awesome QB....regardless of the Hoover connection.

I have a great attitude. And I prefer to call it a FACT-thrower. I didn't flame anyone. Your boys did hold FSU to ONLY three TD's. Amazing. Astounding. Very, very exciting game. Awesome D by Bama.

You're right. We allowed two more points from Florida State than Auburn did to Miss State.

Archived