If USF runs the table....

CircleDrill

....they will get left out because they did not start high enough in the polls.

I realize this is premature, but I'm just bringing up the point here.

Here's USF's schedule:

Date Opponent Result/Time Record/Tickets TV

September 1 Elon W 28-13 1-0 (0-0)

September 8 at No. 17 Auburn W 26-23 2-0 (0-0)

September 22 North Carolina W 37-10 3-0 (0-0)

September 28 No. 5 West Virginia W 21-13 4-0 (1-0)

October 6 at Florida Atlantic 3:30 PM ET Tickets

October 13 UCF TBA Tickets

October 18 at No. 21 Rutgers 7:30 PM ET Tickets

October 27 at Connecticut TBA Tickets

November 3 No. 20 Cincinnati TBA Tickets

November 10 at Syracuse TBA Tickets

November 17 Louisville TBA Tickets

November 24 at Pittsburgh TBA Tickets

They have a legitimate chance to go undefeated, but they will be left out because they did not start high enough in the polls, even though the "BCS comes out later."

Only good thing about this is the more and more this keeps happening....when good teams get left because they are not a big enough TV market......eventually, we are going to have a playoff.

when good teams get left because they are not a big enough TV market

Huh? They're in TAMPA. Bigger TV market than probably all but a few teams in the nation.

USF will get left out because the only good teams they would have played would be AU and WVU. And neither are top 10 quality. And the rest of their schedule is garbage.

Yep, with a playoff it would be proven on the field. Too bad the college pre$idents know what is best for us fans...sigh. Why don't they ask us what WE think?

Because it doesn't matter what we think, it's all about the Benjamins ... and college football (and the BCS) is all about $$$$. Until someone comes with a scheme for playoffs that makes colleges money in amounts that at least rivals what they get now it is unlikely to be considered (even if it is a good plan).

What kills me is how they continue to IGNORE how much money the NCAA Bball tourney makes.

A 16 team playoff in D1 football would be like printing money.

USF won't get left out if we beat LSU... just sayin'

No, I think they still will. There is not a single scenario that will send USF to the MNC game even if they go undefeated.

No, I think they still will. There is not a single scenario that will send USF to the MNC game even if they go undefeated.

Last year, around mid-season, we had 3 undefeated Big East teams. The talk of the college football world was whether or not they would get a bid to the MNC game. Personally, I think that the screwing of Auburn in '04 started something which was taken further by Boise State last year. If USF is one of two undefeated teams at the end of this season, they will go to the MNC.

Last year, around mid-season, we had 3 undefeated Big East teams. The talk of the college football world was whether or not they would get a bid to the MNC game. Personally, I think that the screwing of Auburn in '04 started something which was taken further by Boise State last year. If USF is one of two undefeated teams at the end of this season, they will go to the MNC.

Agreed.

And don't overlook Cinci. They're a pretty solid team this season. Look at the absolute pounding they gave a team from the almighty Pac 10.

I think that UCF might give South Florida all they want. The Golden Knights play the Bulls before USF goes on the road to Rutgers and they did give Texas all they wanted in Orlando.

Look, I agree USF is a good team but I don't see any way that they are the 6th or 7th best team in the country. Unless they start wailing on people for the rest of the season I don't want to see them in the MNC game.

They just aren't there as a team yet. Soon. Not Yet.

I guessing they lose at least 2 games the rest of the way.

Look, I agree USF is a good team but I don't see any way that they are the 6th or 7th best team in the country. Unless they start wailing on people for the rest of the season I don't want to see them in the MNC game.

They just aren't there as a team yet. Soon. Not Yet.

I guessing they lose at least 2 games the rest of the way.

Which two on the schedule above?

they have been inconsistent for years so looking at this:

I'll say they could lose the following: UCF, Rutgers, U Conn, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Pitt.

I'll go on record saying that they will lose to Rutgers, Louisville and possibly Pitt or U Conn. Of course I could be wrong but this is a team not accustomed to success and having the bulls-eye on their back.

they have been inconsistent for years so looking at this:

I'll say they could lose the following: UCF, Rutgers, U Conn, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Pitt.

I'll go on record saying that they will lose to Rutgers, Louisville and possibly Pitt or U Conn. Of course I could be wrong but this is a team not accustomed to success and having the bulls-eye on their back.

That's because it's on their helmets.

War Damn USF. (Another reason I really want them to run the table is my girlfriend is a USF grad and wow did I have to eat crow when we lost!)

Don't get me wrong, I want USF to go unbeaten. I hope I didn't give the impression that I dislike them. I like their coach, QB, and linebacker.

I'm just being realistic. They are a great story but going unbeaten with any schedule is a tall task.

I think that USF beats Louisville, man that defense is HORRIBLE and Pitt just got blown up by UVA this past weekend so no go with the Panthers.

I think that USF beats Louisville, man that defense is HORRIBLE and Pitt just got blown up by UVA this past weekend so no go with the Panthers.

..at the same time I think Michigan State is a good team. Pitt almost beat Mich St. on the road 19-14. My point being anybody can beat anybody. Also, yeah Louisville has a bad defense but with an offense as good as they have they can beat anybody.

I believe USF will, AND SHOULD, be favored in every game they play from here on out. They SHOULD win every individual game. However, when you ask a team to win out...well lets just say is reeeeeeally difficult.

Thats one of the main reasons 2004 is such a monumental heartbreak.

Any of the above mentioned teams could hand us a loss. There is no such thing as a lock in college football today. Here is my take on the remaining games on our schedule, and I am trying to be as honest as possible, not looking through green and gold glasses. LOL

FAU: Has improved tremendously and has to be given respect. However, I don't believe they can hang with our defense after all is said and done.

UCF: Has shown that they have improved over last year and they gave Texas all they could handle for a while in their game. That being said, UCF hasn't beat us yet. We are 2-0 against them. Last year when we played them at the Citrus Bowl most of our players were either freshmen or sophomores, and Matt was a red-shirt freshman just beginning to get his feet wet. They may hang for us a while, but again our defense should prevail.

Rutgers: Should be a good game. Yes, they beat us last year by 2 points. A dropped ball by Amp Hill I believe would have made a difference. At the very least we would have gone into OT once again. Just to let you guys know we have never lost an overtime game yet. We also beat them in 2005 in Piscsataway, so it won't be our first nighttime away game with them. We can beat them, but we have to put points up there early. Our defense can hang with them easily.

UConn: Although we have lost to UConn during our prior meeting, I don't see them beating us this year, even with it being an away game. We have more assets available to us on offense this year than we have ever had.

Cincy: This is the one game that really concerns me. This I think will be the defining game of the season for us. The good thing is that we play them at home. They have improved tremendously. They are in the top 25 now and I believe they deserve to be there.

Syracuse: I don't see us losing to them, even though they did upset Louisville and I believe that was because Louisville was taking them lightly. Coach Leavitt has said that the most important game we play is the next game. We aren't going to take the Orangemen lightly.

Louisville: They could beat us. They have the talent. The one big thing in our favor is that they have never beat us at home. Will this be the year they do? We have to wait and see.

Pittsburgh: Overall, I like us over them. The thing that concerns me is the time of year (weather). Can they beat us, sure. Will they? That has to play out on the field.

In conclusion I believe our defense is as good as any in the country with maybe the exception of LSU. Our offense needs to step up, and I know the coaching staff is working on that. We have more tools available to us this year than we have ever had. Before we either had a good QB (Blackwell/Grothe) or a good RB (Andre Hall) but we haven't had both together at the same time. We now have Ford, Taylor, Samuels, Williams. We also have a decent wide receiver corps. If Amarri Jackson can hold on to the ball all will be well in BullsLand. Carlton Mitchell hasn't yet been showcased, but he is something special. For a 11 year old program the future sure looks bright.

The 2 toughest games we thought we would have and where we would have losses were the WVU and Auburn games. That being said I love Auburn. You are my #1 SEC team bar none.

Also, do me a favor will you? Beat the crap out of Bama! Right or wrong, Saban shouldn't have said what he did, IMO.

GO BULLS!!

GO WAR EAGLE!!

i think the media would love to match USF against USC or someone else that goes undefeated this year...a true Hoosiers story. Plus, they will have enough trophy wins to merit it...an SEC team, an ACC team (albeit UNC), and the entire BE (WVU was predicted to go undefeated this year, and louisville started out in the top 10...rutgers was full of hype before the season started, and cincinnati is a sleeper that will start to get a lot of attention if they continue to win.

Having friends with-in athletics, the name of the game now is week-by-week. They dont project a win when UCF comes to town, they look at FAU. Leavitt is looking at each programs videos and matching up people and plays.

Some of us believe we are 6th.... I dont. I do however think we are a Top 10 player. Too many good teams dropped out to fast. Rugters to Maryland being the key one that placed us in the top 10. The AU win over Gaytards made it a solid Top 10 team.

Archived