Andruw Jones

ECEstudentUA

Depending on the farm system....Kelly Johnson at 2B could be moved. I would be surprised if we could find a decent replacement in the minors - look at Andruw's numbers this year and we still almost made the postseason.

We need to replace him on the cheap to keep Big Tex.

Depending on the farm system....Kelly Johnson at 2B could be moved. I would be surprised if we could find a decent replacement in the minors - look at Andruw's numbers this year and we still almost made the postseason.

Andruw had a horrific season and we still almost made the playoffs. That shows how great other players were. I'd look for the Braves to trade Renteria for an established 3rd starter, move Escobar to SS and maybe pick up Mike Cameron in center.

Andruw had a horrific season and we still almost made the playoffs. That shows how great other players were. I'd look for the Braves to trade Renteria for an established 3rd starter, move Escobar to SS and maybe pick up Mike Cameron in center.

Thats what I was thinking. But, besides his injury Renteria has been such a good player for us. I really would hate to see him go. He is one of those players that does everything to help you win.

Also, Cameron would be a good pick-up.

Is Tori Hunter a free agent this year?

yes. Tori Hunter is a free agent and has all but said he wants out of Minnesota. However, he is going to get a HUGE pay check from someone. It may be tough to keep Tex and Renteria, and acquire Hunter. The Braves also need some pitching so I would say that is more important than a big name CF...but then again, I don't keep up with the Braves much so I could be dead wrong!

There's no way we get Hunter. He's going to get the kind of money that Boras wants Andruw to get.

I also love Renteria but the Braves organization is incredibly deep when it comes to infielders and Escobar proved he could play when Renteria went down hurt this season. I think if we do indeed trade Edgar we'll get a SOLID 3rd starter. Not an iffy guy or an outstanding prospect even. I'm thinking a 2 guy that we use as our 3 guy.

Yeah, it's gonna be hard to justify keeping Renteria when Escobar can play that position and is such a good hitter as well. Yunel is just too good to be a part-timer. We need starting pitchers.

I heard Otis Nixon was coming out of retirement...

A guy I know said a buddy of his best friend's wifes husband told him that he saw Dale Murphy catching fly balls at the sports park out in Alpine.

Jus sayin'.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard Otis Nixon was coming out of retirement...

A guy I know said a buddy of his best friend's wifes husband told him that he saw Dale Murphy catching fly balls at the sports park out in Alpine.

Jus sayin'.

I like TP, but Dale Murphy would be a great hitting coach.

Money says it's Coco Crisp. Getting Crisp would give Atlanta one of the better defensive outfields in baseball IMO.

We no longer have any use for him with the emergence of rookie star-to-be OF Jacoby Ellsbury.

Better question. How did Frenchy win one? That's such a joke. Give him a Golden Should Award....not a Gold Glove.

Yeah cause throwing the ball has nothing to do with defense. We should go back and award Chuck Knoblach some golden gloves too.

IMO Jones is still the best CF in the NL; however, most of the better CF's are in the AL. He has lost a step since his younger days, but he still has more range than anyone in the NL. He is able to play so shallow and yet you still dont see anything hit over his head that isnt a home run. Thats one thing you just cant tell about the guy just from casually watching. Try to think of a fly ball that landed safely in centerfield with Jones out there. It just doesnt happen.

Better question. How did Frenchy win one? That's such a joke. Give him a Golden Should Award....not a Gold Glove.

Yeah cause throwing the ball has nothing to do with defense. We should go back and award Chuck Knoblach some golden gloves too.

IMO Jones is still the best CF in the NL; however, most of the better CF's are in the AL. He has lost a step since his younger days, but he still has more range than anyone in the NL. He is able to play so shallow and yet you still dont see anything hit over his head that isnt a home run. Thats one thing you just cant tell about the guy just from casually watching. Try to think of a fly ball that landed safely in centerfield with Jones out there. It just doesnt happen.

Did you ever really watch Frenchy play? He gets TERRIBLE jumps on balls and at times his arm has bailed him out. He is not a great fielder by any means, he simply has a great arm. That should not win someone a Gold Glove.

Archived