Football? Heck, It's Homecoming...

quietfan

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh...&thispage=1

Consider the situation: Alabama's 23-point lead had dwindled to six, and the Cougars had the ball on the 15-yard line with five seconds left. In the face of pressure, UH quarterback Case Keenum threw the ball up for one of his tall receivers. Instead, Castille intervened and made his first pick of the season.

As the Crimson Tide (4-2) congregated in the back of the end zone, the half-empty Bryant-Denny Stadium - which once held an announced crowd of 92,318 - murmured the Rammer Jammer cheer.

After the game, coach Nick Saban smiled and delivered a message: "When we play, don't leave early," Saban said. "We're going to make it interesting. We have guests here, we have recruits here, we want everybody to be entertained."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...&thispage=2

Alabama's players weren't the only ones battling "relief syndrome," as Saban called it. A good portion of Saturday's capacity crowd departed at halftime, with huge gaps in the student section appearing for a sleepy second half.
How can you get your money's worth out of a $4 Mil per year coach if you only watch half his performance? If for no other reason, I wish Houston had pulled it out so those part-time fans and full-time party animals would have felt a momentary slap of sobriety when they heard the final score from the frat house... <_<

[And beating the "Rammer Jammer" dead horse one more time--how is needing a last play interception in the endzone to hang on to a victory "beating the hell" out of anyone?]

I wish CTT would address this issue at JHS... EVEN if we are blowing out the other team,,, Why leave early? Is it really that important to go get drunk at that time? There are plenty of Auburn fans that would love to come and stay the whole game. Why not give you ticket to them.

I wish CTT would address this issue at JHS... EVEN if we are blowing out the other team,,, Why leave early? Is it really that important to go get drunk at that time? There are plenty of Auburn fans that would love to come and stay the whole game. Why not give you ticket to them.

Just curious...is this a big problem at JHS? It's somewhat news to me, but I haven't been to a game in a while--only watched 'em on TV and haven't noticed a lot of empty seats in the 4th quarter. But maybe I'm just not observant.

Also, how tight is the security at JHS these days about bringing in alcohol? In my days as a student in the '70's, I dont' think students ever had to leave early to start drinking--we all had our flasks, bottles, etc, smuggled in with us. B)

[Of course, we also rarely had TV coverage/pay-per-view, etc. allowing us to watch the games at home, so staying at the game was the only way to see it.]

Just curious...is this a big problem at JHS? It's somewhat news to me, but I haven't been to a game in a while--only watched 'em on TV and haven't noticed a lot of empty seats in the 4th quarter. But maybe I'm just not observant.

Also, how tight is the security at JHS these days about bringing in alcohol? In my days as a student in the '70's, I dont' think students ever had to leave early to start drinking--we all had our flasks, bottles, etc, smuggled in with us. B)

[Of course, we also rarely had TV coverage/pay-per-view, etc. allowing us to watch the games at home, so staying at the game was the only way to see it.]

Stadium was only about 70% full at the start of the 4th quarter...and about 50% full with 7 minutes to go in the game. I was embarrassed.

I believe in staying for the WHOLE game, good or bad. A lot of the folks leaving yesterday in our section had small children who just couldn't handle staying for the full football game. I saw several irate fathers! WHY do people bring their LITTLE kids to a game? I'm all for bringing them to enjoy the experience, dress them up in AU attire, but sometimes they are just too young to enjoy football, and it's too hot for them! That's when you need the babysitter or a grandma in an RV to watch the little ones. There were several 5th and 6th grade kids around us who really enjoyed themselves. There were also two and three year olds who didn't.

I believe in staying for the WHOLE game, good or bad. A lot of the folks leaving yesterday in our section had small children who just couldn't handle staying for the full football game. I saw several irate fathers! WHY do people bring their LITTLE kids to a game? I'm all for bringing them to enjoy the experience, dress them up in AU attire, but sometimes they are just too young to enjoy football, and it's too hot for them! That's when you need the babysitter or a grandma in an RV to watch the little ones. There were several 5th and 6th grade kids around us who really enjoyed themselves. There were also two and three year olds who didn't.

I generally stay for the whole game all the way until the band plays the alma mater but after this weekend, if I have any errands to run after the game off campus, i'll leave at least halfway through the 3rd quarter. This weekend, I took my date to the impound to get her car back and I wasn't allowed to go anywhere near campus, or the fraternity house across from campus for over an hour. Let me explain where all I drove:

Down opelika, I was denied turning left onto college. So I took road over to donahue, where I was forced to turn right onto 14. I turned onto webster and then over to university only to be denied any left turns towards campus. Took University back to Donahue and sat in the lot catty corner from the Goalpost for about 45 minutes until they let me through. Honestly, there were more people trying to get back into auburn then there were people trying to get out for most of it all. I was told during all of this that there was no way that I was going to get close to campus in my car.

If they want me to stay for the whole game, I'll need a good reason to because I'm never going through that again. Hell I couldnt even get to any of the bars downtown to have a beer and wait it out.

AMEN!!!! OUr son never came until he could understand what he was watching. Then he sold programs and had to earn his way into the game. I swear I think there are a few in my section who get a work out every time they come. One man and his little boy went up and down the stairs at least 5 times in the first half. then left after half time. I just don't understand, and when they bring new born babies? That is really confusing. Those babies don't need to be out in that heat or with all that noise! Surely there is a babysitter available for these people. If not, sell your tickets to someone who can come with out the kids.

AMEN!!!! OUr son never came until he could understand what he was watching. Then he sold programs and had to earn his way into the game. I swear I think there are a few in my section who get a work out every time they come. One man and his little boy went up and down the stairs at least 5 times in the first half. then left after half time. I just don't understand, and when they bring new born babies? That is really confusing. Those babies don't need to be out in that heat or with all that noise! Surely there is a babysitter available for these people. If not, sell your tickets to someone who can come with out the kids.

Seriously...why the hell should it matter to you guys. You are just b****ing just to b****... and about what???? Bringing a 3 year old to a ball game...seriously?? Screw family time...just stick them with a baby sitter...

Also...sorry, but some people don't have an RV to "stick" their children. Also, some "grandmothers" actually like going to the ball games too...

I have a 3 year old and you beeter believe that he would be at a game this year if we could. I wouldn't take him to the Auburn/Alabama game...it's just too crowded, but the Vandy game was a perfect atmosphere for that. Why not? I can't believe you 2 are complaining of 3 year olds coming to a game...that's absurd!!!!

Oh...and one more thing before I get off my rant. You better believe that a 3 year old "understands what he is watching". He may not know that 10 yards equals a first down and a touchdown is worth 6 points...but by god he will understand that Auburn is a special place. He will love throwing the football with friends and saying "war Eagle" to everyone that passes. He will love seeing the fans yell when Auburn does good, hearing the band play, and even getting to throw toilet paper up in the trees on toomoers corner if Auburn wins. And isn't that at least half of what the Auburn experience is about?????

Archived