Great comment in the AJC regarding UGA-UT

DKW 86

Great comment in the AJC regarding UGA-UT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pretty soon "Rocky Top" was being played once again, and people were pulling off shoes to try to figure out how many points Tennessee has scored against Georgia in the past two years. Don't strain yourself; the answer is 86. And, Georgia has now lost six consecutive games to SEC East opponents."

Looking for a link...

Sad really....Richt is 5-0 against the West and 0-6 against the East

Some on the UGA boards try to justify the 0-6 with the 5-0 yet when you add those together that is 5-6

Which gets you fired

Sad really....Richt is 5-0 against the West and 0-6 against the East

Some on the UGA boards try to justify the 0-6 with the 5-0 yet when you add those together that is 5-6

Which gets you fired

You calling for Richt's whistle?

No, I am calling for Bobo to be demoted and Willie Martinez to be canned

Enough is enough

We need an outside source for our offense. It is stale and has never been excited.

Enough is enough

We need an outside source for our offense. It is stale and has never been excited.

Good points, when was the last time UGA had a 1,000 yard rusher?

Enough is enough

Good points, when was the last time UGA had a 1,000 yard rusher?

I think that would be Musa Smith in the one year he was able to remain healthy. Before that, I think you would have to go back to around the Garrison Hearst era.

That is one thing that I have never been able to figure out about UGA. They have had a ton of talent through there at RB, but they never see, to pan out.. I have lived over here since 1989, and every year, the Dawgs tell me about this great, new RB they have. They usually always never live up to expectations. Not that they're bad, they just don't become stars. Look at the last three years when they had Lumpkin, Brown, and Ware. There is no excuse not to have a dominant running game with those three.However, I think Moreno is probably the real deal. Its going to be hard for them to make a flop out of this guy.

Some of Richt's best arguments are going over-board.

Taken from the UGA board....it used to be possible to respond to the horrid record against UF by pointing to the domination of UTK. he's now 4-3 against UTK, losing 3 of the last 4.

it used to be possible to say "CMR has raised the program to where the Dawgs don't lose to inferior competition." losses to UK, and Vandy & SoCar AT HOME make that claim a bit hollow. and that's not even trying to argue that UTK was inferior this year.

it used to be possible to say "CMR teams don't get blown out." UTK last year is somewhat explained as just a rash of turnovers, can't really coach past that. but the blowout this year wasn't due to 'crazy' stuff. UGA got whipped start to finish. and UTK called off the dogs or it could have been much worse.

sadly, CMR & Co are now facing the same situation as last year at nearly the same point: rather than building toward a GREAT season, it's more about salvaging a respectable season.

and i'll say it again - the pressure has been cranked up to win in Jax this year. if the Dawgs can't do it against a "FB playing QB and a young D" with a bye, then katy bar the door...

Some of Richt's best arguments are going over-board.

Taken from the UGA board....it used to be possible to respond to the horrid record against UF by pointing to the domination of UTK. he's now 4-3 against UTK, losing 3 of the last 4.

it used to be possible to say "CMR has raised the program to where the Dawgs don't lose to inferior competition." losses to UK, and Vandy & SoCar AT HOME make that claim a bit hollow. and that's not even trying to argue that UTK was inferior this year.

it used to be possible to say "CMR teams don't get blown out." UTK last year is somewhat explained as just a rash of turnovers, can't really coach past that. but the blowout this year wasn't due to 'crazy' stuff. UGA got whipped start to finish. and UTK called off the dogs or it could have been much worse.

sadly, CMR & Co are now facing the same situation as last year at nearly the same point: rather than building toward a GREAT season, it's more about salvaging a respectable season.

and i'll say it again - the pressure has been cranked up to win in Jax this year. if the Dawgs can't do it against a "FB playing QB and a young D" with a bye, then katy bar the door...

That is understandable given the circumstances, but man that sucks CMR is a hell of a guy. You think the rest of the faithful are wanting his head or will they be appeased by sacrificing an assistant or two at the alter?

Nobody actually wants him gone.

We want Willie Martinez gone. And please....I don't want to hear about our #8 defense last year....there are a LOT more things going on behind the scenes to warrent WM getting criticism. I won't go into them but it is the reason WHY Vandy drove in the last drive in the 4th Q to win last year's game...same with Kentucky....and the reason UT spanked us last year and this year.

What is Brian VanGorder doing now? Maybe he will take his old job back. His defense pulled Richt's offense out of a TON of games when he was there.

Archived