Tebow has to change his phone number

sogaaufan

That sucks. Amateur athletes who are just trying to win games should not have to deal with crap like that. I bet not many of the jerks who were calling to threaten him would do it to his face.

That sucks. Amateur athletes who are just trying to win games should not have to deal with crap like that. I bet not many of the jerks who were calling to threaten him would do it to his face.

In principle I agree with you. But since it is the media darling also known as Tebow, frick'em.

In 1994, when UGA tied us, one of the UGA linemen jumped up on the Aubie podium in front of the student section and began taunting the student section, flipping us off, grabbing his crotch, etc. Although he sent a letter to the Plainsmen the next week to apologize, his number was still passed around the following year, so people going to Athens could call and leave a message.

There also were reports out of Baton Rouge that students were walking around campus the day of the game wearing T-shirts with Tebow's cell phone printed on them.

It's unfortunate that it's come to treating college kids this way. However, the future of ESPN will be pimping high school kids like they have done with Tebow, so it won't be too many more years until people start doing this to 16 year olds.

They were the reason Tebow pretended to dial a cell phone after his first touchdown pass, a 2-yarder to Kestahn Moore that made it 10-0 in the second quarter.

Tebow's not doing himself any favors with stuff like this.

This is absolutely ridiculous. People need to grow up. I don't care how much the media have pimped up Tim Tebow, it's not like he called ESPN and told them to glorify him. Wake up, this is disturbing behavior and I am certainly glad that we don't do this.

This is absolutely ridiculous. People need to grow up. I don't care how much the media have pimped up Tim Tebow, it's not like he called ESPN and told them to glorify him. Wake up, this is disturbing behavior and I am certainly glad that we don't do this.

What's your number?

What's your number?

If you think calling up somebody and threaten him is okay, then you need help.

What's your number?

If you think I'm serious then you need to learn what makes up a joke. I doubt highly that you are qualified to diagnose who needs help and who does not.

All that being said, I say young Mr. Tebow just learned a valuable lesson about his privacy and not giving out his number.

What's your number?

If you think I'm serious then you need to learn what makes up a joke. I doubt highly that you are qualified to diagnose who needs help and who does not.

All that being said, I say young Mr. Tebow just learned a valuable lesson about his privacy and not giving out his number.

I guess I fail to see which part of this incident warrants a joke.

"After his first TD pass, Tebow pretended as if he had a cell phone in his left hand and dialed numbers with his right. He then put it up to his ear and stared into the stands at Tiger Stadium."

That's when the official should have thrown a flag for taunting.

Why would someone feel the need to do this? I guess I just don't see what is funny about calling another teams QB and threatening them with insults and threats of violence, etc....

I guess it makes old Billy Bob feel better about himself as he sits on the computer later Thursday/Friday night alone

This is very sad. I heard that the FBI is investigating. Hopefully they get the idiots and take care of them. As an LSU fan I don't like Tebow, but I am also embarresed that idiots representing LSU would do this.

"After his first TD pass, Tebow pretended as if he had a cell phone in his left hand and dialed numbers with his right. He then put it up to his ear and stared into the stands at Tiger Stadium."

Yeah, I agree. The word that comes to my mind is "cocky". I think that the Florida coach should have chewed him out royally for this. You don't want to give the other team ammunition to use against you. This was purely a TV stunt by Tebow.

I saw that and couldn't figure out what he was pretending to dial up. It all comes together now...

it was unclear if it was UF or LSU fans that were doing this... that seems more like something LSU would do to me

"Tebow assumed the messages from LSU fans, especially given the nature of them. There also were reports out of Baton Rouge that students were walking around campus the day of the game wearing T-shirts with Tebow's cell phone printed on them."

Jeeeez

Yeah, I agree. The word that comes to my mind is "cocky". I think that the Florida coach should have chewed him out royally for this. You don't want to give the other team ammunition to use against you. This was purely a TV stunt by Tebow.

Wow, I thought the same thing, too. However, if you read the article, Tebow did that as a retaliation from all the death threats left on his cell phone. Now, at least it seems a bit justified.

Wow, I thought the same thing, too. However, if you read the article, Tebow did that as a retaliation from all the death threats left on his cell phone. Now, at least it seems a bit justified.

Justified? Maybe, but the only things the 'dogs understand are urine bombs.

Timmy is a bit immature, which I guess most sophmores in college (who were home schooled and only interaction with kids his age was at football practice) would be.

Stan White made the comment (during the UF/AU game), after UF tied it up, "Tebow has just ran to the hash marks in front of the Auburn bench and is doing the gator chomp.......that's just classless".

I am always amazed at the hyprocrisy of colllege football fans. Like now when some are blaming this on Tebow. Imagine now, if you would, of Wes Byrum doing the Gator Chomp after he received death threats, most of you here would hail him as a fearless son of a gun, that people who threatened him are bunch classless slimebags.

Samething here. It doesn't matter who is the one being threatened, Tim Tebow or not, it is classless and it shouldn't be excused.

I am always amazed at the hyprocrisy of colllege football fans. Like now when some are blaming this on Tebow. Imagine now, if you would, of Wes Byrum doing the Gator Chomp after he received death threats, most of you here would hail him as a fearless son of a gun, that people who threatened him are bunch classless slimebags.

Samething here. It doesn't matter who is the one being threatened, Tim Tebow or not, it is classless and it shouldn't be excused.

Of course it was classless not to mention a lot of other negative adjectives. Only to be topped by chants of "F you Tebow." What Tebow did in response to the first probably wasnt smart either, but its no where close to how the fans crossed the line. Honestly, I dont really have a problem with players responding to the fans after the things people say to them, except that it isnt good for focusing on the game.

Imagine how many calls the person who gets Tebow's number is going to get...dang. I don't imagine too many of those idiots read the news so they probably have no clue he disconnected it.

The FBI should not have too hard a time investigating. They can for sure get the phone records and find out who was calling if they didn't *67 their number first. His phone company can probably still access some of the messages too, there may still be some on his old phone. They will get what is coming to them.

But, follwing a classless act with another classless act is not right either, but I don't blame him.

Since when is a little playful taunting classless? I dont like the fact that people have made society a little over the top when it comes to being politically correct but now we're doing it with football. At some point, you have to just get over the fact that some days you win and some days you lose. On the days that you win you get bragging rights, you get to be excited, and a little taunting may be in order. On the days you lose, you'll have to deal with all of that. College football fans need to man (and woman) up and learn to deal with a little ribbing in the name of the sport. Taunting UF fans with the Gator chomp is not classless, its all in good fun. Tebow fake dialing a phone is not classless, its showing that he's gotten over the situation and wants to have a little fun with it.

Now of course there's still a line that can be crossed. UF fans calling the towing guy with death threats, bammars throwing cups at UGA after UGA beats them, and LSU fans making calls to Tebow's personal phone are all classless instances that should be looked down upon, but giving people a hard time, taunting them, etc... thats all in good fun in my opinion and enjoy the sport more because its a part of it. Even when it's the Auburn fans being taunted.

Archived