Bama assistant coach punched by OM fan

BamaGrad03

This just seems like an attempt to get the negative light about classless fans(UGA Game) off bammer and onto someone else.

Yeah, the birmingham media played this one up to the "T". Every sports reporter that filed a piece from the game stood amongst the debris on the field.

I guess this is another example of where alabama = Ole Miss

BTW, nothing in the birmingham news about the alleged punch.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did that JHS end zone look like after the USF game?

like a neatly sorted recycling bin compared to ole mess. at least usf didn't throw our debris back at us.

Weak, weak, weak ass argument. Try again.

Is it weak because Auburn fans DIDNT throw cups and other various debris at the USF players...or because they did?

Well, no one else has printed this fabrication about the alleged punch, so I assume it is safe to say it didn't happen. Cecil Hurt has the credibility of a prostitute.

Weak, weak, weak ass argument. Try again.

Is it weak because Auburn fans DIDNT throw cups and other various debris at the USF players...or because they did?

no, its weak because its the only argument you ever have. Anytime something happens at uat that may shed even a glimmer of a negative light on the crapper, the only thing you come back with is: "

well, Auburn did ____________."

I've yet to see anybody here condone fans throwing stuff on the field, regardless of where the game is played.

Sounds like your using what happens at other places as justification for what happened at uat. If you're not trying to do that, then stop coming back with same old calculated response to everything that happens involving uat..

Still haven't seen a link to the alleged punch, nor a link to the SEC office comments on the play.

What did that JHS end zone look like after the USF game?

Not as bad as Ole Miss's endzone. What about yours after the GA game. Everyone does it, doesn't mean it is right. If this guy had been punched don't you think it would have been on every news channel and in every newspaper in the state?

no, its weak because its the only argument you ever have. Anytime something happens at uat that may shed even a glimmer of a negative light on the crapper, the only thing you come back with is: "

Because Auburn does the SAME thing and you guys with your holier than thou attitude, constantly want to dog out Alabama for doing it...like it doesn't happen everywhere.

That's the difference. Yes, I am fully aware that throwing cups is weak. I have said as much in the past. I think it's classless and am very happy that my University has taken measures to prevent it in the future.

What I absolutely CANT STAND, is the fact that you all convienently leave out the fact that Auburn was guilty of the exact same crime.

Because what I have tried to get some of you to realize: a group of 18-23 year old students are the same basic people when looked at collectively, regardless of school affiliation. You all continue to try and make it out as if there is some defining difference between someone who chooses to attend Auburn vs someone who chooses Alabama. And there just isn't any.

You guys continue to say Alabama is "classless" because of the cup incident, yet refuse to acknowledge the fact that it happened in Auburn. And to me, you can't say Auburn ISNT classless if you are willing to say Alabama is. It's a sophomoric double standard. The same double standard that has seemed to exist here for some time.

I say "Auburn does it"...not because I think any worse of Auburn. But because I'm trying to put Alabama's transgressions into proper context. A kid throws a cup on the field, he's no different than the kid who will do it at AU, UGA, LSU, etc. But you all are so desperate to act like you are better than everyone else...you always try to find some "example" of why Alabama has no class, no integrity, no whatever.

How can you, with a straight face, dog someone out for doing the same thing you are guilty of?

Because Auburn does the SAME thing ,

:roflol: he used the same old argument again

Nobody questioned the cups.

You're just making crap up now.

:roflol:

He is bg. THAT is what he does........

BG, you are right. The actions of the Ole Miss fans were classless. But as borish as their behavior it pales in comparision to the UA students pelting Georgia players who were kneeling in prayer with full bottles of alcohol because they had the audacity to beat Alabama.

I know that it was reported that some of the Bulldog players were taunting the crowd, but the majority of the team was kneeling in a circle praying.

Nothing can ever compare to that.

Because Auburn does the SAME thing and you guys with your holier than thou attitude, constantly want to dog out Alabama for doing it...like it doesn't happen everywhere.

holier than thou?? Same $#$% different day. You come in here day after day with your pompous, arrogant, egotistical, almighty superior attitude and now you have the gall to say we have a "holier than thou" attitude??

That's the difference. Yes, I am fully aware that throwing cups is weak. I have said as much in the past. I think it's classless and am very happy that my University has taken measures to prevent it in the future.

What I absolutely CANT STAND, is the fact that you all convienently leave out the fact that Auburn was guilty of the exact same crime.

I haven't left out anything, because i've never commented on the issue at all.

Because what I have tried to get some of you to realize: a group of 18-23 year old students are the same basic people when looked at collectively, regardless of school affiliation. You all continue to try and make it out as if there is some defining difference between someone who chooses to attend Auburn vs someone who chooses Alabama. And there just isn't any.

You guys continue to say Alabama is "classless" because of the cup incident, yet refuse to acknowledge the fact that it happened in Auburn. And to me, you can't say Auburn ISNT classless if you are willing to say Alabama is. It's a sophomoric double standard. The same double standard that has seemed to exist here for some time.

I've never said uat is "classless" because of the cup incident. I couldn't care less. It would be nice if once, just once, when something comes up at uat that you could actually discuss the issue at hand without bringing auburn in to the discussion. you did it yeserday with the play in the ole miss game and turned it to controversial calls in the auburn game, which i've yet to get an example of.

I say "Auburn does it"...not because I think any worse of Auburn. But because I'm trying to put Alabama's transgressions into proper context. A kid throws a cup on the field, he's no different than the kid who will do it at AU, UGA, LSU, etc. But you all are so desperate to act like you are better than everyone else...you always try to find some "example" of why Alabama has no class, no integrity, no whatever.

If anybody is acting like they are better than everybody else here, its you. Not one person here said that auburn fans were better than everybody else...NOT ONE. We don't have to try to find any examples why uat has no class, or no integrity. We see it everyday in the streets, at work, in the grocery stores, malls, etc. What we read in autobiographies, and other books, just further stamps the no class, no integrity stamp that uat will always bare.

How can you, with a straight face, dog someone out for doing the same thing you are guilty of?

I've never said one word about us or anybody else throwing stuff on the field or at the players, or the players throwing anything back.

I'm beggining to think that you just like to argue and that you being here probably spares your spouse, family members, and friends a ton of aggrevation.

What punch??? B)

I heard it was an :au: fan. :poke:

Sorry couldn't help myself.

I heard that it wasn't a punch at all. I heard it was a high "five" from CTT straight to the face.

What punch??? B)

I heard it was an :au: fan. :poke:

Sorry couldn't help myself.

I heard that it wasn't a punch at all. I heard it was a high "five" from CTT straight to the face.

That be a pimp slap my friend.

seriously, bg, where's the info about the punch? where's saban's news conference to call it classless to punch his assistants? and furthermore, where's your backing for that gripe about the two big bad calls in the au-ark game? you conveniently forgot all about that to continue your typical "stop picking on us!' crap. answer the questions and quit saying the same damn thing over and over.

seriously, bg, where's the info about the punch? where's saban's news conference to call it classless to punch his assistants? and furthermore, where's your backing for that gripe about the two big bad calls in the au-ark game? you conveniently forgot all about that to continue your typical "stop picking on us!' crap. answer the questions and quit saying the same damn thing over and over.

I posted the link from a newspaper article about the punch. You guys have come to the conclusion that newspaper articles are no longer valid. And video evidence plus a matching DNA sample must be present for an Alabama angle to be believed. However, for an Auburn story to be believed, bubba joe from the snak & sip heard from his cousin 'n nem that somebody did somethin...is a good enough source.

I never said Saban said anything about punching his assistants in his press conferences. Instead of telling you what I said, I'll kindly ask you to do the legwork since you missed it the first time.

As far as AU getting breaks on calls, go back and watch the tape. There was PI called late in the game on #44 who was covering an AU running back on a wheel route. The AU running back was the only one who made contact. And he initiated it.

But of course, you guys are unwilling to concede anything, ever...so I'm sure you'll see something that isn't there.

I posted the link from a newspaper article about the punch. You guys have come to the conclusion that newspaper articles are no longer valid. And video evidence plus a matching DNA sample must be present for an Alabama angle to be believed. However, for an Auburn story to be believed, bubba joe from the snak & sip heard from his cousin 'n nem that somebody did somethin...is a good enough source.

I never said Saban said anything about punching his assistants in his press conferences. Instead of telling you what I said, I'll kindly ask you to do the legwork since you missed it the first time.

As far as AU getting breaks on calls, go back and watch the tape. There was PI called late in the game on #44 who was covering an AU running back on a wheel route. The AU running back was the only one who made contact. And he initiated it.

But of course, you guys are unwilling to concede anything, ever...so I'm sure you'll see something that isn't there.

Pish....

Quit being a freaking drama queen. Nobody said all newspaper articles were invalid, just the one you trumpeted as proof that Ole Miss' behavior was much worse than Bama's, thus absolving the behavior of your fans over the last 80-plus years. Given the contentious end to that game and the fact that Cecil Hurt was hardly the only writer in the pressbox if such an event HAD happened, it would have been noted by someone other than the biggest sack of crap Bama homer on the planet.

I told you there was no "accosting" and there was no "punch." Cecil Hurt fabricated it. Or perhaps he just heard Cousin Clem down to the Buddy's Snack Mart sayin' somethin' bout them bammer coaches gettin' in a scuffle and whippin' some o' dat sissy Ole Missus ass and ran with it as if it were true.

To briefly backtrack to the cup-throwing stuff, as far as BG's argument goes:

You're the only person I've heard report that there were cups on the field after the USF game. I didn't see them myself. Regardless, if a cup was thrown, it certainly wasn't the shower that ensued at uat/UGA or uat/OM.

No one was reported to have been hit in the head by said bottles as the case in these other two situations.

This is yet another example of you trying to equate two situations in which uat's example is clearly far worse.

And needless to say, I don't condone the throwing of anything on the field ever, but one difference in what happened at Oxford and what happened at uat is that at Oxford they were literally robbed of the game by piss poor officiating. They were enraged with good reason. That's how riots are incited. At uat, it was just because UGA had the audacity to beat them because they were the better team.

Archived