Bama assistant coach punched by OM fan

BamaGrad03

One Alabama assistant coach was accosted (some witnesses said punched) by an Ole Miss fan as he tried to make his way from the press box to the locker room.

SOME WITNESSES SAID PUNCHED. Not Cecil Hurt. No names reported. Just some witness, who just as easily could be Bubba Timmy Wilson. And definitely no evidence from any of the assistant coaches involved. No comment from Saban. No attempt to arrest the person for assault. I'm sure there were no policemen around to protect the feeble Bama coaching staff.

Definition of Accost:

1. to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.

2. to approach, esp. with a greeting, question, or remark.

3. (of prostitutes, procurers, etc.) to solicit for sexual purposes.

4. a greeting.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/accost

So did somebody confront the coach? Oh noes.

Did someone approach him and ask him a question or say, "I hate you!" Oh noes.

Did an Ole Miss fan solicit him for sex? Oh noes.

Did someone say, "Sup!?" Oh noes.

A coach being "accosted" at another team's stadium probably happens on a regular basis. Yet, for some reason, Cecil Hurt had to report it to the Bama world of rejects.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What punch??? B)

I heard it was an :au: fan. :poke:

Sorry couldn't help myself.

I heard that it wasn't a punch at all. I heard it was a high "five" from CTT straight to the face.

What Cecil failed to mention was that this "fan" of ole miss was actually coach orgeron, the Bama assistant is currently in a coma.

A coach being "accosted" at another team's stadium probably happens on a regular basis. Yet, for some reason, Cecil Hurt had to report it to the Bama world of rejects.

So typical bammers (coughBGcough) would take the bait and do exactly what we're seeing now in this thread.

Why didn't Cecil report on Castille and Mustin throwing bottles back at fans?

To briefly backtrack to the cup-throwing stuff, as far as BG's argument goes:

You're the only person I've heard report that there were cups on the field after the USF game. I didn't see them myself. Regardless, if a cup was thrown, it certainly wasn't the shower that ensued at uat/UGA or uat/OM.

No one was reported to have been hit in the head by said bottles as the case in these other two situations.

This is yet another example of you trying to equate two situations in which uat's example is clearly far worse.

And needless to say, I don't condone the throwing of anything on the field ever, but one difference in what happened at Oxford and what happened at uat is that at Oxford they were literally robbed of the game by piss poor officiating. They were enraged with good reason. That's how riots are incited. At uat, it was just because UGA had the audacity to beat them because they were the better team.

Well...

It happens everywhere and it seems to happen all the time. Auburn fans pelted South Florida players immediately after the Bulls' win in Jordan-Hare Stadium

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/nm....xml&coll=3

Everybody does it. To demonize Alabama fans for doing something IDENTICAL to what Auburn fans did, is hypocrisy at it's finest. Not only did AU fans throw stuff, but they threw them AT PLAYERS. And Auburn didn't get robbed. So I don't see it any different from what Bama fans did. Both wrong. Equally.

You're the only person I've heard report that there were cups on the field after the USF game. I didn't see them myself. Regardless, if a cup was thrown, it certainly wasn't the shower that ensued at uat/UGA or uat/OM.

No one was reported to have been hit in the head by said bottles as the case in these other two situations.

This is yet another example of you trying to equate two situations in which uat's example is clearly far worse.

And needless to say, I don't condone the throwing of anything on the field ever, but one difference in what happened at Oxford and what happened at uat is that at Oxford they were literally robbed of the game by piss poor officiating. They were enraged with good reason. That's how riots are incited. At uat, it was just because UGA had the audacity to beat them because they were the better team.

Well...

It happens everywhere and it seems to happen all the time. Auburn fans pelted South Florida players immediately after the Bulls' win in Jordan-Hare Stadium

Everybody does it. To demonize Alabama fans for doing something IDENTICAL to what Auburn fans did, is hypocrisy at it's finest. Not only did AU fans throw stuff, but they threw them AT PLAYERS. And Auburn didn't get robbed. So I don't see it any different from what Bama fans did. Both wrong. Equally.

^^ OBFUSCATION ^^

^^ DIVERSION ^^

^^ SMOKESCREEN ^^

Topic is "Bama assistant coach punched by OM fan" Not "Auburn fans throw cups, too, nanny nanny boo boo"

Please don't fall into the trap and allow it to spin off into something completely different. This topic is DEAD. Cecil Hurt clearly fabricated a story and printed it as truth. Another example of Bama being Bama.

So I'm not supposed to respond to someone calling me a liar about the AU/USF cup throwing incident?

Just like the Bama cup throwing incident YOU brought up in this thread?

So if you bring up something that is unrelated, but slams Bama...I should just let it go unchecked? I mean after all, you guys should be the only ones allowed to speak off topic.

Well...

If the two were equal, why is it that the only article you can find on the Auburn situation was a small blurb mentioned in passing in a huge article about the uat situation?

Let me guess, the Bamerham news is biased towards Auburn? Again, I was there and I didn't see it. It would be hard to miss what happened at uat. Also, you say "Not only did AU fans throw stuff, but they threw them AT PLAYERS" as if that's not what uat did as well.

If the two were equal, why is it that the only article you can find on the Auburn situation was a small blurb mentioned in passing in a huge article about the uat situation?

Let me guess, the Bamerham news is biased towards Auburn? Again, I was there and I didn't see it. It would be hard to miss what happened at uat. Also, you say "Not only did AU fans throw stuff, but they threw them AT PLAYERS" as if that's not what uat did as well.

It's not the only article. It's the first. I've already posted an article here discussing it in detail. Now, not only is it not enough that I post an article, I have to post more than one?

Ok, how many links do I need to post?

For the record, the comment about throwing at the players...if you read what I said...was the SAME as what Alabama fans did. Thought that was clear.

It's not the only article. It's the first. I've already posted an article here discussing it in detail. Now, not only is it not enough that I post an article, I have to post more than one?

Ok, how many links do I need to post?

For the record, the comment about throwing at the players...if you read what I said...was the SAME as what Alabama fans did. Thought that was clear.

More obfuscation, more diversion, more smokescreen.

Why do you guys keep falling for this?

Did the assistant coach get "punched" or not?

More obfuscation, more diversion, more smokescreen.

The word you want to use is Strawman.

BG, at least one other link corroborating the allegation would be good. Two would make it even stronger. As it stands right now, Cecil's lone accusation has as much credibility as Peter Kerasotis's claims that AU fans stormed the field after the '06 Florida victory.

The alleged punch didn't happen.

Cecil must have gotten into some of Snake's cough medicine during the game.

I just want to keep up with the uat "spin of the day"...So if any other team does "it"...."it" suddenly is axxeptable? :rolleyes:

Poor uat. My, my...how times have changed...or, stayed the same.

Just another cover-up. We all know that the coach that got punched was Major Applewhite and who punched him was the BOT memeber that called his house a couple of weeks ago in the middle of the night. Tyring to place the blame on an innocent Rebel fan is just classless.

What punch??? B)

I heard it was an :au: fan. :poke:

Sorry couldn't help myself.

I heard that it wasn't a punch at all. I heard it was a high "five" from CTT straight to the face.

:lmao:

I think opposing teams should watch out for shakers thrown at them from JH. Its almost like a projectile but with a parachute attached.

Archived