Just to address the "Hoover pipeline" myth

BamaGrad03

Let's say we grant your point, BG. Still, to me, this response skirts what I think is the most appropriate question. Again, to me, it's not how many Hoover kids went to uat, but, instead, what tracks were greased to get the kids that did go to 'bama qualified to attend Tuscaloser.

That's just my view.

InDNo

Well, out of the 7 guys we signed, two never made it on campus. JPW, Corey Reamer and Patrick Crump all had excellent grades.

So that only leaves Dawson and Chapman.

That's 40% of those that went. A pretty high percentage, don't you think??

All of this uat spinning is making me dizzy.

Whatever makes you sleep at night. How many kids 'Grow up ______ fans and end up at _______'s Rival?'

All the Britts, fans that went to

Brandon Cox fan that went to

DeMeco Ryans fan that went to

and on and on....

BG, the very idea you used that poor logic indicates that you either do not keep up with recruiting or you are pro-actively over looking obvious errors in your thesis. Kids go where they can play, or to the school that wants them, or where they like the staff, or where their friends go. etc...

Sometimes they go where their HS Coach tells them to go. Just go ask Albert Means, or Josh Chapman.

Dude, you're crazy. The Britts were not Auburn fans.

Brandon Cox was not offered by Alabama. We offered Brandon Avalos instead

Demeco Ryans was not offered by Auburn.

Nice try.

Who said offered??????? You said:

Six years worth of recruiting classes. We signed 7 guys. Murphy, Crump, JPW, Reamer all grew up Bama fans and were going regardless.

There wasnt an "offer" in that at all. I correctly pointed out that fans dont necessarliy end up at their chosen schools. Everyone I know in Cullman County talked about how the Britt's were :au: fans an how CTT didnt offer one of them.

Because your argument holds no water if they weren't OFFERED. Duh.

I mean you can't say that School A is a pipleline for College A...and use kids who only got offers from College A as an example.

What was Brandon Cox supposed to do? NOT take the AU offer and HOPE that Bama would let him walk on?

No. That's just stupid.

I mean you can't say that School A is a pipleline for College A...and use kids who only got offers from College A as an example.

What was Brandon Cox supposed to do? NOT take the AU offer and HOPE that Bama would let him walk on?

No. That's just stupid.

Hijack -

Why wouldn't Bama offer Cox a scholly? Cox was offered by Spurrier...you'd think he was worth something.

Why wouldn't Bama offer Cox a scholly? Cox was offered by Spurrier...you'd think he was worth something.

Because Fran was/is an idiot. He offered Brandon freaking Avalos instead. Because he wanted a "running" QB. Instead he got one who couldn't throw a forward pass, and was only good at running to his weed dealer.

But, but....bg, YOU told us that "fran was da' man". Remember?

p.s. Will you turn on sabear when he leaves? (and he will leave sometime you know....)

No. That's just stupid.

Actuaslly that does happen though. Why I know some kids would crawl...naked...through broken glass...to wear that crimson jersey. B)

Archived