$aban's reaction to a reporter

AU alum

The anchor then went on to say he now knows how reporters under Bobby Knight must've felt and that if he asked a lame question, he's asked even worse to Tuberville, but never received that kind of response.

That's because Tuberville doesn't view the press as beneath him and worthy of scorn and ridicule for the slightest infractions in his eyes.

BINGO!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone needs to post the question and reply. Streaming video is blocked at work.

the question was asking CNS if he can bring recruits the caliber of Glenn Dorsey, etc to Alabama. the question is like asking a coach "do you think your team will lose this weekend?"

CNS responded that was the point in it all and went on to say he should bring his 16 year old daughter to the PC in the future because she could ask a better question.

looking at the commitments we have in CNS' first year, i would qualify the reporter's question as kind of a dumb question.

Anybody that advertises that they run with scissors should probably refrain from calling anyone else's comments dumb.

your comment is dumb.

Proof positive.

Someone needs to post the question and reply. Streaming video is blocked at work.

the question was asking CNS if he can bring recruits the caliber of Glenn Dorsey, etc to Alabama. the question is like asking a coach "do you think your team will lose this weekend?"

CNS responded that was the point in it all and went on to say he should bring his 16 year old daughter to the PC in the future because she could ask a better question.

looking at the commitments we have in CNS' first year, i would qualify the reporter's question as kind of a dumb question.

Anybody that advertises that they run with scissors should probably refrain from calling anyone else's comments dumb.

He does have a point. Running with scissors is dangerous.

No. A simple, "yes, we can and we are -- next question" would have sufficed. It was a soft toss question and $aben revealed his snippity side by not simply answering it. What kind of asshat takes questions from his teenaged daughter at a press conference, btw? You bammies need to cut back on the kool-ade. He is not representing himself or your school very well by being so defensive all the time with the press.

He should be glad the press isn't asking more penetrating ones like, "How come your offense is so impotent that you guys can't gain more than 20 yds on the ground or complete more than 35% of your passes? Don't you feel dang lucky to have been in position to win that game? Have you sent the thank-you notes to the officiating crew from the Ole Miss game yet?"

I thought that was easily the DUMBEST question anyone has asked Saban since he's been here. I thought he'd lay into him harder.

That guy also has a history of asking RETARDED questions. He sucks.

Cool it, turkey. I go to church with him and he's a nice guy. A good christian. Can you say the same about $aban?

That's a non-sequiter if ever I heard one. What does one have to do with the other? I know some raging incompetents at my church.

The issue is simple: Saban made a really stupid move by lashing out at a reporter over a fairly innocuous question.

I did not take kindly to a nice man, a friend of mine, being insulted like that.

Nick Saban is someone's close friend. Those Crimsonettes you made fun of a little while back are also close friends and daughters of good people. The guy asked a lame question and has a history of asking lame questions.

That being said, Saban's Saban. He gets away with it because it's part of his "hype."

No. A simple, "yes, we can and we are -- next question" would have sufficed. It was a soft toss question and $aben revealed his snippity side by not simply answering it. What kind of asshat takes questions from his teenaged daughter at a press conference, btw? You bammies need to cut back on the kool-ade. He is not representing himself or your school very well by being so defensive all the time with the press.

He should be glad the press isn't asking more penetrating ones like, "How come your offense is so impotent that you guys can't gain more than 20 yds on the ground or complete more than 35% of your passes? Don't you feel dang lucky to have been in position to win that game? Have you sent the thank-you notes to the officiating crew from the Ole Miss game yet?"

I know this is meant more as a jab, but I think it's 100% truth. I wonder how ridiculous Saban would get if someone asked, "How do you plan on fixing your running game troubles when your starting offensive linemen are getting suspended for breaking NCAA rules?"

I thought that was easily the DUMBEST question anyone has asked Saban since he's been here. I thought he'd lay into him harder.

That guy also has a history of asking RETARDED questions. He sucks.

Cool it, turkey. I go to church with him and he's a nice guy. A good christian. Can you say the same about $aban?

Good Christians can ask stupid questions. This video is living proof of that.

I think Saban's had some very generous acts in his day. Paying for the education of several first-generation college students is the first to come to mind, as well as the "Nick's Kids" program as a whole.

Either way, Christians shouldn't be trying to "out-Christian" other believers in the first place. You did just that with the comparison of your friend to Nick Saban.

i think it was meant to be a jab as well, but i wouldn't classify our offense as "impotent". if it is, then i guess AU's offense is horrid since our total offense is ranked higher in the SEC (we are #6 total offense...still better than last year). also, if you minus out the sack yardage counting against our rushing, we rushed for just as much as LSU did in that game. so i guess their offense is "impotent". also, JPW is completing 55% of his passes.....not 35%. if the press had asked questions exactly as you phrased, they would be stupid questions due to the fact that the premise they are based off of is incorrect.

Guys this is also taken out of context. I watch every one of his press conferences. And he consistently gets some of the most retarded and asinine questions I've ever heard. I think he's tired of it. They keep coming with these awful awful questions.

Out of 10-15 questions per press conference, about 5 of them are this dumb or worse.

Guys this is also taken out of context. I watch every one of his press conferences. And he consistently gets some of the most retarded and asinine questions I've ever heard. I think he's tired of it. They keep coming with these awful awful questions.

Out of 10-15 questions per press conference, about 5 of them are this dumb or worse.

Do you honestly think Saban is the only coach in the SEC that has to endure dumb questions? Really?

Coaches do these pressers every day of the week during football season and every one of them field a handful of, shall we say, "less intelligent" questions almost every time. Most coaches don't feel the need to be a jackass. Apparently that filter was an optional add-on for Saban and he chose to go with the economy-model personality.

Are you Saban's frickin' bodyguard, or what? I'm gonna start calling you PP03 (personal protector).

Do you honestly think Saban is the only coach in the SEC that has to endure dumb questions? Really?

Coaches do these pressers every day of the week during football season and every one of them field a handful of, shall we say, "less intelligent" questions almost every time. Most coaches don't feel the need to be a jackass. Apparently that filter was an optional add-on for Saban and he chose to go with the economy-model personality.

For $4M you'd think you'd get all the options included....

why does it matter to you so much how OUR coach treats the media?

It doesn't matter in a keep us up at night sense. But it is fun to point out how much of an ass the archrival team's coach is

Because YOUR coach is the new sheriff in town. Remember?

Says the guy with 1400 posts on a rival team's board....

Says the guy with 1400 posts on a rival team's board....

you didn't answer my question. and thats 1451 to you, mister.

Why does it matter to you, that it matters to us?

HAHAHA.....

why does it matter to you that it matters to me that it matters to you times infinity.

Yeah, well, you're a boogerhead and my dad can beat up your dad!

Nanna nana boo boo...

BG and Scissors sittin in a tree,, K I S S I N G...

:rolleyes::roflol::roflol:

HAHAHA.....

why does it matter to you that it matters to me that it matters to you times infinity.

OH NO YOU DI'INT!

HAHAHA.....

Nanna nana boo boo...

Who has to play the role of the Hunchback in the tree?

HAHAHA.....

Nanna nana boo boo...

Who has to play the role of the Hunchback in the tree?

Your wife! BG and Scissors are down with that.

Time to get funky with the CHEEZ WHIZ!

(hunchback...reference: "Motion on the floor"....)

Wow, Nickie came off looking like the village idiot on that reply. Could he have stammered a little more? He has obviously been to the Kerry Collin school for mindnumbing gibberish.

Archived