$aban's reaction to a reporter

AU alum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that was easily the DUMBEST question anyone has asked Saban since he's been here. I thought he'd lay into him harder.

That guy also has a history of asking RETARDED questions. He sucks.

Cool it, turkey. I go to church with him and he's a nice guy. A good christian. Can you say the same about $aban?

That's a non-sequiter if ever I heard one. What does one have to do with the other? I know some raging incompetents at my church.

The issue is simple: Saban made a really stupid move by lashing out at a reporter over a fairly innocuous question.

I did not take kindly to a nice man, a friend of mine, being insulted like that.

He wasn't being accused of moral turpitude. He was just questioning his professional ability.

Yeah, he is a jerk.

I will only say one thing about his coaching skill. His team is playing clean or he is bribing well to keep his teams peanlties so low.

Its impressive either way.

As a person, he needs kicked in his junk box a few times by people he interacts with until he learns some respect.

Is anyone surprised at this?

I have said multiple times on this site that Saban CONTROLLED the media while at LSU. He threw fits when certain members of the BR media would ask idiotic questions that mostly every coach get before/after games. He even tried to throw 1-2 of them OUT but LSU wouldn't allow it.

Saban gets tired of people very quickly and will make friends/enemies rather quickly with them. Those not on his good side will feel the wrath

So, basically, sabear is a jerk. Anyone that has ever been in the same area code as little nicky would agree.

I guess the next question is:

So what if he's a jerk? I'll say it. Nick Saban can be a total dick. TOTAL dick. But I'm not having a drink with the dude. All I care about is him winning football games.

I don't care if he doesnt want to do Golden Flake or Bryan commercials. I don't give 2 sh**s about him not wanting to do 1100 charity golf tournaments. And I don't care if he's a dick to everyone he meets.

He's a football coach, he should win football games.

His players love him. The kids he does charity work for love him. If he wins the SEC, I'll think he's awesome. We had a nice guy in Mike Shula, he couldn't win games.

Guys this is also taken out of context. I watch every one of his press conferences. And he consistently gets some of the most retarded and asinine questions I've ever heard. I think he's tired of it. They keep coming with these awful awful questions.

Out of 10-15 questions per press conference, about 5 of them are this dumb or worse.

Being the UAT coach and this....there has to be a joke in there somewhere!!!!

I can see CNS doing the Excedrin commercial...."I'm not an a#$hole...I just play one on televison."

Guys this is also taken out of context. I watch every one of his press conferences. And he consistently gets some of the most retarded and asinine questions I've ever heard. I think he's tired of it. They keep coming with these awful awful questions.

Out of 10-15 questions per press conference, about 5 of them are this dumb or worse.

Being the UAT coach and this....there has to be a joke in there somewhere!!!!

I can see CNS doing the Excedrin commercial...."I'm not an a#$hole...I just play one on televison."

He didn't want to do Bryan or Golden Flake commercials, but now he's doing Preparation H? He's a natural, I guess. If ya got it, flaunt it.

So what if he's a jerk? I'll say it. Nick Saban can be a total dick. TOTAL dick. But I'm not having a drink with the dude. All I care about is him winning football games.

I don't care if he doesnt want to do Golden Flake or Bryan commercials. I don't give 2 sh**s about him not wanting to do 1100 charity golf tournaments. And I don't care if he's a dick to everyone he meets.

His players love him. The kids he does charity work for love him. If he wins the SEC, I'll think he's awesome. We had a nice guy in Mike Shula, he couldn't win games.

What a different world UAT is from AU.

So you are ok with a complete jerk very publicly representing your university, as long as he's winning football games?

So you are ok with a complete jerk very publicly representing your university, as long as he's winning football games?

I think they are just glad one of their jerks figured out how to win some games.

I think they are just glad one of their jerks figured out how to win some games.

wasn't Bill Curry a nice guy?

wasn't Bill Curry a nice guy?

Yeah, where's he coaching these days?

Regardless of how he treats the media, everyone already has him labled as Satan.

May as well bring home some hardware in the process.

That was a dumb question, what was he supposed to say we want the rejects that UAB doesn't scape up?

I agree with BG for once... King Saban IS a TOTAL Dick. Not just a little bitty one a TOTAL one. LOL...

I personally know someone that worked for the clown at LSU. Wouldn't even say good mornin'... What an ass... but I guess that don't matter really as long as he WINS!!! He fits in so well at UAT... I hope Sly hands it to him on Saturday. Go STATE!!!

Pot, meet Kettle. :poke:;)

I don't think my questions are stupid. Now as to some of my answers....well perception is reality :)

I don't think my questions are stupid. Now as to some of my answers....well perception is reality :)

Jes' funnin'. B)

Only at Bama, where perception of a great program and current relevance are considered reality.

He even tried to throw 1-2 of them OUT but LSU wouldn't allow it.

That's happened here, as well.

There's one guy who is probably one ignorant question away from being banned from Tuscaloosa forever.

Say what you want about Nick. I'd bet my house he'd never wear a "Fear the Thumb" type t-shirt to his bowl game press conference.

ribbing your rivals is another thing totally. don't even try to say tuberville is anywhere near nick saban in a-hole-itude.

Say what you want about Nick. I'd bet my house he'd never wear a "Fear the Thumb" type t-shirt to his bowl game press conference.

ribbing your rivals is another thing totally. don't even try to say tuberville is anywhere near nick saban in a-hole-itude.

Yeah, besides, he probably won't be around long enough for five. Maybe he should concentrate on being even able to raise "one".

Archived