You Stay Classy Mark

AUesquire

My husband was at the game last night too. He said that he and the other AU fans there were talking about how it felt like they were in Baton Rouge - not Athens. The band was booed at halftime and had things thrown at them all through the game. I think everyone went overboard with the blackout thing. We will not listen to another Georgia fan tell us about the classiness of the fans and the coach - EVER! Very tacky, very, very tacky......

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband was at the game last night too. He said that he and the other AU fans there were talking about how it felt like they were in Baton Rouge - not Athens. The band was booed at halftime and had things thrown at them all through the game. I think everyone went overboard with the blackout thing. We will not listen to another Georgia fan tell us about the classiness of the fans and the coach - EVER! Very tacky, very, very tacky......

Being in the band, that was much worse than Baton Rouge. That's the first time I've ever seen something thrown out of the stands at us while we were still on the field. Not to mention the stuff thrown at us in the stands.

Of course, there was UGA going for it on 4th and 1 when a 43 yard field goal would have put the game comfortably out of reach...or knowclass Knowshon and the entire team dancing...or their incredibly rude fans who couldn't let us walk back to our buses without ridiculing us the entire time. My personal favorites: the 45 year old trying to make fun of us by dancing like the players and the 50 year old whose comment for us was "You lost, so you're all still a bunch of gay band nerds." Classy. You guys won by 25, we get it. Congratulations.

I don't think the dancing was as "classless" as most of you think. It was between quarters. Whats the problem? Wisconsin plays "house of pain" and their fans jump up and down, I'm sure their players do to. The fact is that most of these players are black and this is the music they get pumped to. I have no problem with them getting pumped. It was not during plays and it was not disrespectful. It is not thugish or harmful to anything. Just guys having fun and getting into the game. They weren't playing dirty and some of you are making this a big deal for no reason.

I don't think the dancing was as "classless" as most of you think. It was between quarters. Whats the problem? Wisconsin plays "house of pain" and their fans jump up and down, I'm sure their players do to. The fact is that most of these players are black and this is the music they get pumped to. I have no problem with them getting pumped. It was not during plays and it was not disrespectful. It is not thugish or harmful to anything. Just guys having fun and getting into the game. They weren't playing dirty and some of you are making this a big deal for no reason.

And Virginia Tech does the Hokey Pokey. One difference - IT'S ORGANIZED AND IT'S A TRADITIONAL DANCE. Georgia was making a mockery of our football team by dancing around like the AU-GA rivalry football game was just a big celebration of beating the crap out of Auburn. I sat in those stands with a big smile on my face because I thought they were celebrating early. I was hoping to see Auburn shove that crap back in their faces. There were players dancing between plays, not just quarters. Every kickoff return, I think it was their #39 danced his way onto the field and didn't stop until the ball was kicked off. If Georgia wants to be the SEC team that practices the most thuggery, let em be it. However, I hope they realize the off the field trouble and penalties that occur when you have that crap (Miami Hurricanes).

Also, the comment I bolded in your quote is completely out of line. There were white players dancing and white coaches dancing. The color of their skin had nothing to do with it.

This is not the SWAC. This is the SEC. Lets keep it that way. :poke:

Would you like it if the Auburn players and the whole coaching staff danced THUGISH on the sideline during a beatdown. I think not! :angry:

And Virginia Tech does the Hokey Pokey. One difference - IT'S ORGANIZED AND IT'S A TRADITIONAL DANCE. Georgia was making a mockery of our football team by dancing around like the AU-GA rivalry football game was just a big celebration of beating the crap out of Auburn. I sat in those stands with a big smile on my face because I thought they were celebrating early. I was hoping to see Auburn shove that crap back in their faces. There were players dancing between plays, not just quarters. Every kickoff return, I think it was their #39 danced his way onto the field and didn't stop until the ball was kicked off. If Georgia wants to be the SEC team that practices the most thuggery, let em be it. However, I hope they realize the off the field trouble and penalties that occur when you have that crap (Miami Hurricanes).

Also, the comment I bolded in your quote is completely out of line. There were white players dancing and white coaches dancing. The color of their skin had nothing to do with it.

I'm not saying that was the sole reason. I know there were white players doing it too. I'm just saying that the rap song and the dancing is a big way of how they get pumped. When I played football I would get pumped by listening to metallica or something and pushing and jumping around. The guys that liked rap(most if not all the black guys and a couple white guys) would dance around and listen to rap. I'm not trying to make this a racial issue. I think that many people will make this into one by calling them thugish for dancing around like they did. I was trying to make the same point you were. Calm down.

and How is having a little bounce in your step coming out onto the field any different than jumping and shoving your teammates?

This is not the SWAC. This is the SEC. Lets keep it that way. :poke:

Would you like it if the Auburn players and the whole coaching staff danced THUGISH on the sideline dearing a beatdown. I think not! :angry:

Why was it thugish? That is how people dance to that music. Also, it wasn't a beatdown at that point. They were only up 11 and that dancing gave them all the momentum and the crowd. We were still in the game at that point. It got everyone pumped up.

How do you know what I'd like? They won the game and the intensity was a huge part of it. We looked flat and they were pumped. That dancing was really when the game was over.

I'm with AUHansel -- it's not like the players were taunting our guys or fans. I'd go ballistic if I saw AU do something similar, but if UGA wants to, let them celebrate. They certainly earned it yesterday.

Please guys, don't try to explain CLASS to the classless (BG) He is just upset, and rightly so, cause they :ua: paid a coach 4mil $$$ for something they could have gotten for 2.2....bless their hearts...... :lol:

As for :uga: they are like that cousin you fight with every year at the reunion...sometimes you whoop their butt and sometimes they whoop yours...but you still like them and want them to do well....lets face it they were a better prepared team and wanted it a whole lot more than Auburn did...The black jerseys looked GREAT too!!!

WDE!!

Karen :au:

:big:

Personally, I couldn't care less about what other players do on their sideline but I find it funny that some of you are losing sleep over it.

So... let's not talk about Byrum. How about CWM dropping the F bomb? Seems pretty classless to me when he said it. Don't see anybody calling him out.

They are kids, playing a great rivalry and totally kicking their opponent up and down the field. God forbid they show some emotion and have some fun.

And oh, who gives a crap about what commentators did in the booth!? Personally, if I were you, I'd worry more about our team right now than what two middle-aged men did in the booth. The media needs to ballwash somebody and this week it happens to Moreno. It happens every week, get used to it.

Just for the record, I absolutely loved it when Byrum did the Chomp and when CWM dropped the F bomb and McFadden doing the dance last week. It showed emotion. And I am perfectly cool with UGA's dancing.

Everyone does the chomp, and I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this matter. Muschamp did not pick up a megaphone and drop the F bomb though I wish he hadn't used that word. Personally, I hope TT had a little talk with him. There are millions of other words he could have used. Sorry, but Mark and his team were classless. They deserved to celebrate, but not like they did. You can show emotion without being offensive. As Bryant used to say "Act like you've been there before," or something to that effect.

Personally, I couldn't care less about what other players do on their sideline but I find it funny that some of you are losing sleep over it.

So... let's not talk about Byrum. How about CWM dropping the F bomb? Seems pretty classless to me when he said it. Don't see anybody calling him out.

They are kids, playing a great rivalry and totally kicking their opponent up and down the field. God forbid they show some emotion and have some fun.

And oh, who gives a crap about what commentators did in the booth!? Personally, if I were you, I'd worry more about our team right now than what two middle-aged men did in the booth. The media needs to ballwash somebody and this week it happens to Moreno. It happens every week, get used to it.

Just for the record, I absolutely loved it when Byrum did the Chomp and when CWM dropped the F bomb and McFadden doing the dance last week. It showed emotion. And I am perfectly cool with UGA's dancing.

Everyone does the chomp, and I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this matter. Muschamp did not pick up a megaphone and drop the F bomb though I wish he hadn't used that word. Personally, I hope TT had a little talk with him. There are millions of other words he could have used. Sorry, but Mark and his team were classless. They deserved to celebrate, but not like they did. You can show emotion without being offensive. As Bryant used to say "Act like you've been there before," or something to that effect.

How were they being offensive???? What is so wrong with dancing between quarters???

Oprah_Winfrey.jpg

Come, let it all out, let it out...

You win for posting this.

Personally I had no problem with the dancing. Even sitting where I was sitting in Section 603 AUBURN fans were getting a kick out of it. They were just getting pumped up, no biggy. The point of their dancing wasn't to taunt, but to get pumped up... I'm pretty sure we play a song in-between quarters that gets us pumped up as well (fans AND players).

My issue, as the band member pointed out, was with the 4th and 1 conversion followed by the 1yd line rush. What happened to the UGA team last year that got down to the goal line and just kneeled on it? That was classy, and I was hoping they'd do that this year. But they didn't. I was more disappointed with the coaches not controlling certain players behaviour than anything the individual players were doing.

Also, the fans were incredibly rude. From booing our band, to throwing things at fans/band members (I saw a full water bottle get thrown by a UGA male student at a AU female student), to the overall behaviour of the fans after the game. A lot of the older UGA alum were apologising for the excessively rude and crude fans out there. My personal favorite was telling this one student, "War eagle, and even though we lost... we still lost with class." He was speachless and was embarassed after his behaviour towards some of the Auburn fans I was walking with.

How were they being offensive???? What is so wrong with dancing between quarters???

Poor sportsmanship. Rubbing the other team's nose in it. Surely if you have young children playing ball, you teach them sportsmanship? You never condone hotdogging, etc. from your child. Last year when Trey recovered the ball from Florida after a botched punt and Trey did a somersault into the endzone, TT said he wished Trey hadn't of done the somersault. I like that. (By the way, there was some excessive dancing on the playing field, too.) Wait until the night comes and do all the dancing you want, but not on the field. It's called class. To each their own. JMHO

Please guys, don't try to explain CLASS to the classless (BG) He is just upset, and rightly so, cause they :ua: paid a coach 4mil $$$ for something they could have gotten for 2.2....bless their hearts...... :lol:

As for :uga: they are like that cousin you fight with every year at the reunion...sometimes you whoop their butt and sometimes they whoop yours...but you still like them and want them to do well....lets face it they were a better prepared team and wanted it a whole lot more than Auburn did...The black jerseys looked GREAT too!!!

WDE!!

Hey Karen

Were you there? Were you at Sanford Stadium when a Georgia fan slapped the hell out of my backside? Were you there when ice was thrown throughout a majority of the game? Were you there when the Georgia fan threw a plastic football deliberately at an Auburn fan's face? Were you there when a Georgia fan kicked me in the back when I was going to the restroom? Were you there when the old man said, "that's the Auburn band going out there. F--- them f---ing fa--ots. Boooo!!!"? Were you there when a middle aged Georgia fan shoved an Auburn college student against the bathroom wall and said, "I'm gonna pound your motherf---ing face in."?

These are stories that usually accumulate from many people at an away game or an individual's experiences at multiple away games. All that was seen by me or happened to me IN ONE DAY. ONE GAME.

I'm sorry, I'm not related to those a******s. They aren't my cousins. Southlink has always been a cordial poster on this board and that's what I went with. I usually don't classify an entire fanbase as classless based on a few individuals, but it was nonstop at that stadium. I wasn't the only person dealing with that bullcrap either. No, Auburn is much better than that. I've never heard of an Auburn fan kicking someone in the back while they're taking a leak. I have no desire to see them do well. I have no desire to ever be around them again.

One thing I learned this weekend was that Georgia hates Auburn a lot more than Auburn hates Georgia.

WDE!!

Hey Karen

Were you there? Were you at Sanford Stadium when a Georgia fan slapped the hell out of my backside? Were you there when ice was thrown throughout a majority of the game? Were you there when the Georgia fan threw a plastic football deliberately at an Auburn fan's face? Were you there when a Georgia fan kicked me in the back when I was going to the restroom? Were you there when the old man said, "that's the Auburn band going out there. F--- them f---ing fa--ots. Boooo!!!"? Were you there when a middle aged Georgia fan shoved an Auburn college student against the bathroom wall and said, "I'm gonna pound your motherf---ing face in."?

These are stories that usually accumulate from many people at an away game or an individual's experiences at multiple away games. All that was seen by me or happened to me IN ONE DAY. ONE GAME.

I'm sorry, I'm not related to those a******s. They aren't my cousins. Southlink has always been a cordial poster on this board and that's what I went with. I usually don't classify an entire fanbase as classless based on a few individuals, but it was nonstop at that stadium. I wasn't the only person dealing with that bullcrap either. No, Auburn is much better than that. I've never heard of an Auburn fan kicking someone in the back while they're taking a leak. I have no desire to see them do well. I have no desire to ever be around them again.

One thing I learned this weekend was that Georgia hates Auburn a lot more than Auburn hates Georgia.

I agree with that. I went to the Ga-Fl game this year and I had my Auburn tailgating chair. UGA fans kept kicking it over the whole afternoon. I knew them but they were still being dicks and talking s*** about auburn. I'd never been treated like that before from uga fans. They haven't been good this year at all. The ones I tailgated with were great. I knew a couple of them and the rest were very nice. They are different than I remember...really cocky and arrogant.

Being in the band, that was much worse than Baton Rouge. That's the first time I've ever seen something thrown out of the stands at us while we were still on the field. Not to mention the stuff thrown at us in the stands.

Of course, there was UGA going for it on 4th and 1 when a 43 yard field goal would have put the game comfortably out of reach...or knowclass Knowshon and the entire team dancing...or their incredibly rude fans who couldn't let us walk back to our buses without ridiculing us the entire time. My personal favorites: the 45 year old trying to make fun of us by dancing like the players and the 50 year old whose comment for us was "You lost, so you're all still a bunch of gay band nerds." Classy. You guys won by 25, we get it. Congratulations.

I can tell you that this has gone on longer than most of you think. I was in the AU band 74-78 and I can remember going to Georgia and having people rock our buses. Also after one game where we beat them (which in the 70's wasn't often), two older ladies came up to me and pushed me and hit me with their umbrellas (they were allowed back then). So it is not anything new, just escalated. I hated going to UGA as much as going to Legion Field when we played Bama.

WDE!!

Hey Karen

I agree with that. I went to the Ga-Fl game this year and I had my Auburn tailgating chair. UGA fans kept kicking it over the whole afternoon. I knew them but they were still being dicks and talking s*** about auburn. I'd never been treated like that before from uga fans. They haven't been good this year at all. The ones I tailgated with were great. I knew a couple of them and the rest were very nice. They are different than I remember...really cocky and arrogant.

were you sitting in your Auburn chair at the time?

WDE!!

Hey Karen

were you sitting in your Auburn chair at the time?

haha...no. But whenever I got up it got kicked over. By people I know, but they just really hated Auburn more than I thought they did.

i know you don't think that's actually our mascot.

by the by, i didn't really mind the uga dancing to that song at the beginning of the fourth. i thought it was a pretty damn intimidating way of saying "we're going to blow you off the field without even trying. what are you gonna do about it?" i'm surprised at some of the pseudo-racist stuff people are saying about them doing that. jawja had some seriously cocky swagger on the field last night, and yeah, it pissed me off, but you have to either shut them up or just sound like a whining loser.

ps: that is probably one of the worst damned rap songs i have ever heard in my entire life. there are THREE notes in that beat. i could have made that song in my bedroom in about 15 minutes.

pps: i wish i had made it. i'd be a millionaire.

ppps: what the hell is with the surge in thinly-veild "cotton-eyed joe" dance songs in rap in the last 3 or 4 years?

Archived