You Stay Classy Mark

AUesquire

Kudos to Georgia for the win tonight. They earned it. No excuses for Auburn's play. They didn't show up. UGA did. It showed.

Now, I have always been a huge fan of Georgia and Mark Richt. They are my second favorite SEC team after Auburn. But what has transpired since the Florida game for Georgia is just plain classless. It was obvious that Richt needed to take drastic measures to save his job going into the Florida game. From the first TD and storming of the field, to numerous personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct calls, Georgia is showing it's collective ass. It's like Richt has turned the asylum over to the inmates.

Tonight was nothing short of embarrasing. The personal fouls and celebrations, unsportsmanlike crap continued and the final straw....Richt may have well been on the headset to the DJ, requesting the latest hip-hop dance jam for his team. Instead of having one shred of class, the entire team danced and performed low-five, high-five, jump and bump spin, gettin-jiggy wit it dance moves the entire game. It wasn't one or two guys. It was the entire team on and off the field.

Okay at the Alabama State/Grambling game, where at least 5 people, in the band, get pregnant during the half-time show. Not in the SEC. I hope it's not coming to that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One reason they got the penalties they got, besides the one where the dude did a little dance, is because the ref threw some BS "protecting the QB flags"...had nothing to do with the players being "classless"

And I don't see a problem with the UGA team dancing on the sidelines...especially not inbetween quarters.

UGA has been one of the most enjoyable teams to watch this year, from the UF game on.

Kudos to Richt. Classy dude and his players have fun.

One reason they got the penalties they got, besides the one where the dude did a little dance, is because the ref threw some BS "protecting the QB flags"...had nothing to do with the players being "classless"

And I don't see a problem with the UGA team dancing on the sidelines...especially not inbetween quarters.

UGA has been one of the most enjoyable teams to watch this year, from the UF game on.

Gee, what are the odds you, of all people, would have posted that! I'm "shocked! just shocked!". Look up 'lame' in the dictionary and find your picture...

Enlighten us BG, on which "protecting the QB flags" were BS? Was it the one where BG got dove on after he was down, or the one where #9 led with his helmet, but happened to only clobber BC with a shoulder to the face after he'd released the ball. Please expand.

They might be a fun team to watch, but everyone knows sending his players to the endzone was BS, including Richt who aplogized for it.

Doing the constant dancing and celebrating like you were up by 30 with 2 minutes to play, when it was the start of the 4th quarter, is a lack of control. It was immaturity and unchecked timing on their part. You wanna dance and have fun? Cool with everyone, especially when it's OVER and you deserve it.

Richt is USUALLY classy, but this was not a good example of his normal "way".

Enlighten us BG, on which "protecting the QB flags" were BS? Was it the one where BG got dove on after he was down, or the one where #9 led with his helmet, but happened to only clobber BC with a shoulder to the face after he'd released the ball. Please expand.

Basically you see what you want to see. Last week you guys said the late hit on LSU's DE was an awful call even though he led with his helmet and was 2 steps late hitting him.

Today there were three BS calls. Even the announcers commented on every one as being BS. One was against AU, two against LSU.

Regardless, it's beside the point. Whether you think those roughing the passer flags were warranted or not, they are NO indication that UGA was being classless or is "losing control"

If you want to take a situation where a UGA player was jumping in the air, BC releases the ball (while the guy is in the air), and the guy in the air fails to adjust his trajectory mid flight...as an indicator of a "classless" play...that's your business. But you'd be wrong for doing so.

I'm in agreement that there were 2-3 BS calls. But hey, these are SEC refs, right? That's to be expected.

But if you truly believe all that dancing crap, by the entire team, during the game is not classless and uncalled for, you're full of it. It went on almost the entire game and was nothing more than showing up your ooponent. This is the SEC, not the SWAC. Act like it.

Basically you see what you want to see. Last week you guys said the late hit on LSU's DE was an awful call even though he led with his helmet and was 2 steps late hitting him.

Today there were three BS calls. Even the announcers commented on every one as being BS. One was against AU, two against LSU.

Regardless, it's beside the point. Whether you think those roughing the passer flags were warranted or not, they are NO indication that UGA was being classless or is "losing control"

If you want to take a situation where a UGA player was jumping in the air, BC releases the ball (while the guy is in the air), and the guy in the air fails to adjust his trajectory mid flight...as an indicator of a "classless" play...that's your business. But you'd be wrong for doing so.

Oh I know, the old "we just see what we want to see" arguement you've become so well known for here recently. I figured that's what you'd say.

He ducked his head and hit BC... The ref was right there to call the penalty.

Do you think Satan, err..uhh, I mean Satan would allow players on the Tide to dance around like it's da Club in (what was at the time) a close game? I don't think so.

For the sake of argument, you'll probably say yes, but there's not a soul in here that would believe you.

Oh I know, the old "we just see what we want to see" arguement you've become so well known for here recently. I figured that's what you'd say.

Well, there's two announcers who saw the same thing I saw. But I guess they are more biased against Auburn than you are FOR Auburn? Right.

And again, please point to me how that play indicts UGA players as being classless...at least how does it do so any more than AU for getting a late hit on the QB penalty?

They were borderline calls at best. At best. So you're telling me that a borderline call that could go either way indicates lack of class? It's not like he grabbed BC by the facemask, threw him to the ground, then taunted him.

As far as Saban letting his players dance on the sidelines, I doubt he'd do it. But that doesn't make watching UGA any less fun. And that doesn't make me think any less of Richt, whom I probably respect more than any other coach in America in terms of character.

Dude, just give it up already. The Iron Bowl will be played in 2 weeks and all your smack won't mean a thing until it's over. You guys got pWnEd tonight and you know it. Alabama was totally embarrassed tonight and UGA won't make it any better for you. Trying to live vicariously thru UGA won't mean a thing come Iron Bowl day. If you think you are going to come on an Auburn Board and convince us to give up against the likes of you, then put down the SabaNation crack pipe and just walk away.

War Eagle!

Well, there's two announcers who saw the same thing I saw. But I guess they are more biased against Auburn than you are FOR Auburn? Right.

If you think that those two announcers are known for their perception, you're the one with the "perception" issues.

And again, please point to me how that play indicts UGA players as being classless...at least how does it do so any more than AU for getting a late hit on the QB penalty?

I was referring to the dancing around BG, don't start going off on some tangent. Another thing you're famous for.

They were borderline calls at best. At best. So you're telling me that a borderline call that could go either way indicates lack of class? It's not like he grabbed BC by the facemask, threw him to the ground, then taunted him.

Tangent and off topic. Nobody threw BC down and taunted him. A penalty is a penalty in most cases. They were called. Again, you're spreading the "classless" thing to unrelated grounds.

As far as Saban letting his players dance on the sidelines, I doubt he'd do it. But that doesn't make watching UGA any less fun. And that doesn't make me think any less of Richt, whom I probably respect more than any other coach in America in terms of character.

Well, maybe you can take a camera and binoculars and key in on the dancing players from now on. I'd rather watched disciplined players play some football, and have fun and dance when appropriate. That wasn't it during the end of the third quarter in a close game.

Quit arguing just to argue. Esquire made a good point. I even said this is not Richt's normal "way". It's just been pointed out that the behavior the past couple weeks are being born out of poor judgement.

BG is just talking out of his arse like usual.

UGA got the majority of the fouls because they started the game off on a really bad note when Cox was mugged in the 1st half and I'm pretty sure that the refs didn't forget that.

Go easy on Richt. He reminds me of someone going through a mid-life crisis. Now all the sudden he's trying to be the cool guy.

We have a winner.

I truly get the impression he's just turned the keys over to his players. Probably a good move in some respects because it allows players to open it up and do what they do best. Kind of like Tubs against Florida last year. Just line up and let it rip. But Richt has apparently let that freedom extend to all areas of the team. I've never seen a team act like that s*** in this league. That was nothing less than the old Miami teams.

I was referring to the dancing around BG, don't start going off on some tangent. Another thing you're famous for.

I'm not going off on some tangent. My responses about the penalties were due to someone STARTING THIS THREAD suggesting that they were an indicator of a classless coach. Why do you refuse to answer my questions about the penalties?

If you think that those two announcers are known for their perception, you're the one with the "perception" issues.

Again, you didn't answer my question. Do you think they are more biased against Auburn than you are FOR them? Everyone in the room thinks those are weak penalties (including the one against Auburn), and the announcers even made a point to say they were bullcorn. But you can pooh pooh it all away by saying "well those announcers don't know what they're talking about"...they know more than you.

If you think you are going to come on an Auburn Board and convince us to give up against the likes of you, then put down the SabaNation crack pipe and just walk away.

Show me where I said you should give up, or anywhere that I mentioned Saban.

You guys got pWnEd tonight and you know it

Who says that...really?

Honestly, the closest thing I've seen in this league to that was the Sherril coached Miss. State teams that used to take on the Miami persona and jump on the logo, talk trash and put on a show all game long. Anyone who follows this game and this league closely, knows there is an obvious change in the attitude and demeanor of this team. It's one thing to turn your season around but another all together to act like the U.

I'm not going off on some tangent. My responses about the penalties were due to someone STARTING THIS THREAD suggesting that they were an indicator of a classless coach. Why do you refuse to answer my questions about the penalties?

Again, you didn't answer my question. Do you think they are more biased against Auburn than you are FOR them? Everyone in the room thinks those are weak penalties (including the one against Auburn), and the announcers even made a point to say they were bullcorn. But you can pooh pooh it all away by saying "well those announcers don't know what they're talking about"...they know more than you.

If you think you are going to come on an Auburn Board and convince us to give up against the likes of you, then put down the SabaNation crack pipe and just walk away.

Who says that...really?

You are truly amazing BG. I'm not going into another 4 pages of breakdowns to tell you what I've already told you.

You just refuse to admit that you can't accept the point that we've made, and since you can't take the rest of the world not seeing it the same way you do, you're going to endlessly spin, rant and bitch about every GD thing you can.

The calls were made, assessed and that's that. I don't care what two opinionated talking boobs thought of the calls when they so often goof crap up in countless other cases.

As far as "your questions about the penalties", I never called calls against Georgia an indication of lack of class. That's a tangent YOU created, and I'm not going into trying to answer that for for you.

From the first TD and storming of the field, to numerous personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct calls

Like I said, responding to the original poster.

Do you get tired of being wrong all the time?

Who says that...really?

Oh, gee, OK, your are a graduate of the UA school of law, no doubt (or poli-sci, or basket weaving, all pretty much the same thing). Well, here's a curve ball for you: So you are BamaGrad03 and you DON'T support Saban? Tell me more...

I admit it. I was guessing. Let's see: Why would someone named BamaGrad03 show up at an Auburn Board? To encourage us to persevere? Well hell, that's awful nice of you...no, I think I get it now. Your job is to educate the unwashed.

War Eagle!

Like I said, responding to the original poster.

Do you get tired of being wrong all the time?

This was you responding to MY QUOTE. Do you get tired of being an entolerable douche bag all the time?

If you want to ask the "original poster", then address him with HIS quote, and ask HIM.

Jackass.

Woah. Talk about sour grapes.

I remember distinctly plenty of people here thinking Byrum doing the Gator Chomp was freakin' awesome.

And since when SEC has become Classy Conference?

Oh, gee, OK, your are a graduate of the UA school of law, no doubt (or poli-sci, or basket weaving, all pretty much the same thing).

My degree is in Computer Science. From the College of Engineering. My minor was in math. And my University was never on academic probation while I was there.

This was you responding to MY QUOTE. Do you get tired of being an entolerable douche bag all the time?

My first post in this thread was before you posted. It was clear that I posted in response to the premise that I bolded for you.

You later responded to my post. I further clarified my stance on why I thought the calls were BS. And then made a point to get away from the fact that the calls were BS, and focus more on the point I originally made. That point being the calls provided no indication of classless play on UGA's part.

You proceeded to get hostile and pissy.

It's awesome to see that you still haven't grasped the concept of a civil discussion. It usually takes you about 4 posts to resort to petty name calling.

Awesome. It's a good thing you called me a douchebag and a jackass in a thread where you were trying to cast judgement on someone's class.

It's awesome to see that you still haven't grasped the concept of a civil discussion. It usually takes you about 4 posts to resort to petty name calling.

Awesome. It's a good thing you called me a douchebag and a jackass in a thread where you were trying to cast judgement on someone's class.

First of all, you've resorted to namecalling many times yourself, so the "holier-than-thou" speech stops here.

Secondly, it's not born from 4 posts, it's born on the countless posts that you contrive out of sheer argumentative pleasure.

You're the VERY definition of a blowhard, and this single thread is but one of MANY examples. Forgive my "petty and pissy" attitude as a tame and "forum appropriate" substitute for what many people in here feel you really deserve.

You've accomplished nothing, but to show your never ending ability to be a shrewd, smart-alecky, arrogant (to use your word...) "windbag". It's a football forum you tight assed grammar popping boob, not a PBS special for the writing gifted.

Get over the name calling. If you take it that personally, or can't get past it, look for another friend to hand you a tissue.

Archived