You Stay Classy Mark

AUesquire

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently hate you for posting that.

I feel the love

if only the guy in that video took off the tiger hat, painted his face like a cat, put on some spandex pants and started to thrust his hips while wagging his tounge at teenage boys he might have a fan on this board.

One reason they got the penalties they got, besides the one where the dude did a little dance, is because the ref threw some BS "protecting the QB flags"...had nothing to do with the players being "classless"

actually, it was completely due to the classlessness of UGA. The stunt against UF was pulled on the same ref squad which refed the AU-UGA game. They were not going to allow UGA to have a single mis-step or even a close misstep without a flag. The only other team I have seen treated like that consistantly by refs has been UAT's opponents. UGA is making a bed which they will have to sleep in. For now, these stunts are helping them, but in the long run they will turn fans and refs off which will have an effect on money and penalties. Additionally, these stunts attract the type of recruit which will have UGA turning into free shoes north all too soon. It may work and UGA may win, but for how long before they are like FSU is now?

Hi, I am new to this board, and as a past UGA student and a AU fan I am enjoying this thread :)

Hasn't UGA been playing that Soulja Boy song and dancing at pretty much every game this season?

Hi, I am new to this board, and as a past UGA student and a AU fan I am enjoying this thread :)

Hasn't UGA been playing that Soulja Boy song and dancing at pretty much every game this season?

Welcome. :wavey:

I feel the love

if only the guy in that video took off the tiger hat, painted his face like a cat, put on some spandex pants and started to thrust his hips while wagging his tounge at teenage boys he might have a fan on this board.

What?

I feel the love

What?

i second that. what?

I feel the love

hey buddy, whatever fantasies you have in your spank bank are none of my business.....however, i am concerned for the safety of any cats with spandex pants on within your general vicinity. ;)

This is a tough issue, IMHO. Many of the teams that win the most also lead the nation in unsportmanlike conduct penalties and personal fouls (e.g. Spurrier era UF, the Candycanes (1985-95), etc.). Football is a sport for strong, fat (95% of the team), aggressive men. Fine line between when discipline is needed and when recklessmess is called for.

Re. "Okay at the Alabama State/Grambling game, where at least 5 people, in the band, get pregnant during the half-time show. Not in the SEC. I hope it's not coming to that."

That's really pushing the racial envelope.

I'm a little late to this thread since I didn't have a chance to get on the site but for a minute yesterday. So bear with me if I ask something that's already been discussed. I skimmed the previous posts and didn't see any mention of it, but I didn't read them all since there are a lot of them, and too many of them seemed really whiny.

Personally, the dancing didn't bother me. UGA was playing well and celebrating. Let them get jiggy with it. I don't care.

Maybe I'm the only one, but what bothered me was when Georgia threw on 4th & 2 while up by 18 points with about 6 minutes left. Now, I don't expect them to not keep playing, because there was still time left, although for all intents and purposes the game was over. But throwing on 4th & 2 in that situation? For some reason that really pissed me off and rubbed me the wrong way.

Did this bother anyone else, or am I just adding to the unnecessary whining?

Not really sure if this has been said so far, but I have been saying it for a few years. Richt was educated in coaching from one of the best, Bobby Bowden. Richt will turn UGA into the FSU of the '90s. Take that how you want to, whether it is good or bad, but in my opinion recent events show it is already happening/has happened.

I may be wrong in a few cases, but Richt routinely does not punish his players significantly for off the field antics, ah la Bobby Bowden. I remember a few years back, a guy getting suspended for a meaningless game for an under-aged DUI. (if wrong, I do remember talk on here several years ago about UGA’s lack of punishment of the better players) Also, those black jerseys weren't sewn and shipped in 5 days, the "black out" was a planned event and not a request of the seniors on Monday, ah la Bobby Bowden. It made a ton of $money$ too. The dancing, 10 part high fives, flagrant personal fouls, etc. are just part of the Bobby Bowden philosophy.

Sure, those FSU teams were a great teams, but also known for their thuggary and off the field antics. That's why they are frequently referred to as the Florida State Criminoles. The fact that they managed to escape significant trouble from the NCAA is a feat only topped by "tha Bahr" himself! It will be no different at UGA, it is simply the Bobby Bowden model. You decide if this is a god or bad thing, I am sort of on the fence because it is football, you know. And don't forget, I speak from experience...we saw it here for a few years with Terry "Tater Tot" Bowden and some of the players he brought in. I am thankful we now have Tuberville!

**REMEMBER, all this is just my opinion from my observations.

This is a tough issue, IMHO. Many of the teams that win the most also lead the nation in unsportmanlike conduct penalties and personal fouls (e.g. Spurrier era UF, the Candycanes (1985-95), etc.). Football is a sport for strong, fat (95% of the team), aggressive men. Fine line between when discipline is needed and when recklessmess is called for.

Re. "Okay at the Alabama State/Grambling game, where at least 5 people, in the band, get pregnant during the half-time show. Not in the SEC. I hope it's not coming to that."

That's really pushing the racial envelope.

Nope, not pushing any racial envelope at all. The reference is racial, just not racist. The fact of the matter is that most black colleges have a very proud history of...and are VERY competitive with regards to their bands and putting on outlandish half-time performances. Do most people watch Southern and Grambling for the high level of football played or do they wait on the half-time show when the bands compete to see who can have the most members throw something out of joint and require chiropractic treatment?

Great shows. Fun to watch. Hell, they even make movies about it. As for the pregnant comment...maybe a poor attempt at humor but sorry, any performance that has that much thrusting, pumpin' and sweatin'..someone's bound to get knocked up.

• 2 weeks later...

College football is entertainment

Let us be entertained

If your entertained by "being classy" well that's one of the endless opinions.

Me......if Auburn was laying the smackdown on Georgia and everyone in the stadium starting dancing.....well when in Rome.

Howdy Howdy :wavey:

BEAT BAMA :au:

I'm a little late to this thread since I didn't have a chance to get on the site but for a minute yesterday. So bear with me if I ask something that's already been discussed. I skimmed the previous posts and didn't see any mention of it, but I didn't read them all since there are a lot of them, and too many of them seemed really whiny.

Personally, the dancing didn't bother me. UGA was playing well and celebrating. Let them get jiggy with it. I don't care.

Maybe I'm the only one, but what bothered me was when Georgia threw on 4th & 2 while up by 18 points with about 6 minutes left. Now, I don't expect them to not keep playing, because there was still time left, although for all intents and purposes the game was over. But throwing on 4th & 2 in that situation? For some reason that really pissed me off and rubbed me the wrong way.

YES, all of the dancing was getting to me, but when this happened, I completely lost it. I have always like CMR, but that just pssd me off, and I will never pull for that Jackass again.

YES, all of the dancing was getting to me, but when this happened, I completely lost it. I have always like CMR, but that just pssd me off, and I will never pull for that Jackass again.

The dancing was bush league, but I don't care as long as it isn't Auburn players doing it. I don't blame him for calling a play with that much time left. Six minutes is plenty of time to score three times.

I have no problem with them throwing on 4th and 2 to get a first down. Like somebody have already said on this board, our offense is capable of erasing deficit. It's our job to stop them and no one else's.

Archived