You Stay Classy Mark

AUesquire

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey who is this Knowshon Moreno kid?!?!?! CBS ran right through him in the lineup and i didnt hear a thing about him the rest of the night? Isn't he supposed to be humble or something?

I think they just like saying his name. I also think that his name, to them, is code for Tebow.

well i agree the kid was good but he did hit way too close too close to home with the tebow honking. I swear it sounded like someone who only knew one part for an essay final and kept bringing the point back home to the only part he knew...every single statement cbs made involved him...right down to their break dancing.

That whole broadcast/commentary production could be labled as "trying too hard"

What every happened to good ole play by play with a sprinkling of color commentary?

Woah. Talk about sour grapes.

I remember distinctly plenty of people here thinking Byrum doing the Gator Chomp was freakin' awesome.

And since when SEC has become Classy Conference?

Woah, talk about clueless. Have you read any of this thread, much less the first line of it? Did you watch the game? Again, Kudos to Richt and Georgia for the win. They deserved the WIN.

The issue is the constant dancing, the rituals, the unsportsmanlike conduct fouls etc.

So, you were okay with coming out of a TV timeout in a close game with the entire Georgia sideline going Soul Train and then switching to the booth while Verne and Gary danced right along with em'? You were okay with Verne and Gary describing Moreno as the "Humblest kid they've ever met" while he did a choreographed routine with every player on the field and sidelines for 10 minutes after he scored?

But, you think a guy doing 2 Gator Chomps after kicking the winning field goal and running off the field equates with that? Sour grapes? My ass.

It's just funny to me Bama Grad thinks it just kids having fun when its auburn on the losing end ,

But last year he had a real problem when Auburn was holding up thumb's .Was that just kid having fun?

Or classless? Another Bama fan wanting it both way's suprise suprise.

You have been croomed! Now go home

Oh, gee, OK, your are a graduate of the UA school of law, no doubt (or poli-sci, or basket weaving, all pretty much the same thing).

My degree is in Computer Science. From the College of Engineering. My minor was in math. And my University was never on academic probation while I was there.

This was you responding to MY QUOTE. Do you get tired of being an entolerable douche bag all the time?

My first post in this thread was before you posted. It was clear that I posted in response to the premise that I bolded for you.

You later responded to my post. I further clarified my stance on why I thought the calls were BS. And then made a point to get away from the fact that the calls were BS, and focus more on the point I originally made. That point being the calls provided no indication of classless play on UGA's part.

You proceeded to get hostile and pissy.

It's awesome to see that you still haven't grasped the concept of a civil discussion. It usually takes you about 4 posts to resort to petty name calling.

Awesome. It's a good thing you called me a douchebag and a jackass in a thread where you were trying to cast judgement on someone's class.

My degree is in Computer Science. From the College of Engineering. My minor was in math. And my University was never on academic probation while I was there.

Then I'm allowed to take that, as everything else you've posted, as a 'non-sequiter': Auburn's school of Engineering has not been on probation for the period that I was there either...and you have no idea of when I was there, so your point is without any weight whatsoever. UA engineering is not renowned for it's excellence in any field. If you disagree, then link it.

I may also point out that you never answered A SINGLE ONE of the points I pointed out about your earlier posts. I find that interesting, as many in this community might

War Eagle!

Woah. Talk about sour grapes.

I remember distinctly plenty of people here thinking Byrum doing the Gator Chomp was freakin' awesome.

And since when SEC has become Classy Conference?

Woah, talk about clueless. Have you read any of this thread, much less the first line of it? Did you watch the game? Again, Kudos to Richt and Georgia for the win. They deserved the WIN.

The issue is the constant dancing, the rituals, the unsportsmanlike conduct fouls etc.

So, you were okay with coming out of a TV timeout in a close game with the entire Georgia sideline going Soul Train and then switching to the booth while Verne and Gary danced right along with em'? You were okay with Verne and Gary describing Moreno as the "Humblest kid they've ever met" while he did a choreographed routine with every player on the field and sidelines for 10 minutes after he scored?

But, you think a guy doing 2 Gator Chomps after kicking the winning field goal and running off the field equates with that? Sour grapes? My ass.

Personally, I couldn't care less about what other players do on their sideline but I find it funny that some of you are losing sleep over it.

So... let's not talk about Byrum. How about CWM dropping the F bomb? Seems pretty classless to me when he said it. Don't see anybody calling him out.

They are kids, playing a great rivalry and totally kicking their opponent up and down the field. God forbid they show some emotion and have some fun.

And oh, who gives a crap about what commentators did in the booth!? Personally, if I were you, I'd worry more about our team right now than what two middle-aged men did in the booth. The media needs to ballwash somebody and this week it happens to Moreno. It happens every week, get used to it.

Just for the record, I absolutely loved it when Byrum did the Chomp and when CWM dropped the F bomb and McFadden doing the dance last week. It showed emotion. And I am perfectly cool with UGA's dancing.

NO ONE has questioned emotion for one minute. But everyone in the country questioned the U's antics, except the 200 U fans, the entire time. That s*** was bush league and has no place in the SEC. It was exactly how the U conducted themselves all through the 80's and 90's. You and BG seem to be the only one's that don't have a problem with it. Guess what? The refs sure did.

Every team has emotion. It's a physical, emotional game and at one point in the 2nd quarter, I was hollering at the TV that our guys left theirs on the bus. The issue is showing up your opponent and the other team's fans. Not cool.

Not disagreeing with the unsportsmanlike conduct I just don't see a point in arguing about it. And it's not like Coach Richt encouraged it, he was fuming when that Johnson kid got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after he stopped us on third and long. It's a bit unfair to call Coach Richt out when he obviously have no control over it.

As for dancing on the sideline... I thought it was funny and I don't recall seeing any refs throwing flags at that.

I still like CMR. I have lost no respect for him at all. I think he is a good coach, and did a good job tonight. The flags (most) were soft and I don't see a loss of control of his team, nor do I think he teaches/encourages that. UGA outplayed us and deserve credit. I'm pulling for UT to drop one, UGA to win out, and take the SEC to the Sugar.

I still like CMR. I have lost no respect for him at all. I think he is a good coach, and did a good job tonight. The flags (most) were soft and I don't see a loss of control of his team, nor do I think he teaches/encourages that. UGA outplayed us and deserve credit. I'm pulling for UT to drop one, UGA to win out, and take the SEC to the Sugar.

Well CMR did coach a great game..(ack! thwackl! barf!). Tough to take for us though, because after 35 minutes, we left the field. If this were a 27-21 or 17-20 or, well hell, anything less than double-digits, I would not be crying myself to sleep tonight...but, damned it, we got out arses handed to us on a silver platter. We played like crap and it was humiliating. But, this years fans be damned, I'm worried about how it may have affected our freshman team. You want to believe this is something they will avenge, but you also hope that they don't accept this as 'Normal' Auburn Football. The Auburn Spirit (or lack thereof) is what makes or breaks our teams. These freshmen, who have played, mostly, above expectations, must quickly learn that a season like this is not to Auburn standards. Auburners will accept a rebuilding season between victorious seasons, but there has to be something logical about it. Now, honestly, seeing the potential of this team in the next few years, I'm almost willing to overlook this season because I believe we have several GREAT seasons ahead of us. These very young kids have, up untii this game, played with spirit and gusto. But, if we crap out next season, then we'll know where the blame lay. CTT, I love you and hope you love Auburn. I will not hold you accountable for anything that happens this season (and I'll even throw in the 'unthinkable', just to make the point clear). We know that this class was the victim of events beyond everybody's control (but BL's, of course). But know, that this cannot happen next year. Amen.

War Eagle!

I've been going to this game in Athens for years. Not sure I'll be making a return trip any time soon. One word - classless. Almost as bad as being in Baton Rouge. Richt has lost control of his program - this will come back to bite him - mark it down.

and our players were slammed for it in 05 when we destroyed UF.

and CMS was slammed for dropping the F-bomb.

a few of the "celebration" flags against UGA were bull. the one with #30 prancing around was warranted. but i sure didn't see a flag when the AU player LAID OUT that UGA TE (i think around the start of the 2nd) and he was dancing around posing with 2 different teammates while the UGA player was on the ground hurt being tended to. the fact of the matter is, you guys got some really really debatable calls your way. hey, it happens, not a big deal. but it obviously did not affect the outcome of the game. i honestly think the refs were trying to prove a point to UGA from the UF celebration with all of the celebration flags, with the exception of the deserved flag mentioned above.

Not disagreeing with the unsportsmanlike conduct I just don't see a point in arguing about it. And it's not like Coach Richt encouraged it, he was fuming when that Johnson kid got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after he stopped us on third and long. It's a bit unfair to call Coach Richt out when he obviously have no control over it.

As for dancing on the sideline... I thought it was funny and I don't recall seeing any refs throwing flags at that.

Bullcrap! He wasn't fuming at the kid for committing the foul, he was fuming at the refs for calling it. I agree that UGA has decided that they have to resort to some pretty cheap antics to get their players fired up.

I had a thought that I hope I am wrong about. Richt pretty much ordered his team to get a fifteen yard penalty against Florida for excessive celebration. On the first play of the game Brandon got clocked by a TOTALLY uncalled for sucker punch. What better way to "set the tone" for the game? I would hope that no coach would call for that and I'm not accusing, but since Richt has been resorting to some pretty cheap antics lately, the thought went through my mind.

I have always liked UGA and I hope I can continue to pull for them when they aren't playing Auburn. If they keep going down this path, it will get VERY hard.

and our players were slammed for it in 05 when we destroyed UF.

and CMS was slammed for dropping the F-bomb.

a few of the "celebration" flags against UGA were bull. the one with #30 prancing around was warranted. but i sure didn't see a flag when the AU player LAID OUT that UGA TE (i think around the start of the 2nd) and he was dancing around posing with 2 different teammates while the UGA player was on the ground hurt being tended to. the fact of the matter is, you guys got some really really debatable calls your way. hey, it happens, not a big deal. but it obviously did not affect the outcome of the game. i honestly think the refs were trying to prove a point to UGA from the UF celebration with all of the celebration flags, with the exception of the deserved flag mentioned above.

How about leave and come back when a discussion starts that you know something about. Pat Lee got up and slapped five ONCE with a teammate and shook his fist in the air once before he knew that Southerland (FB by the way) was hurt. About the only thing the announcers stuck up for AU on all night was that there was no way Pat deserved a penalty. They even showed the replay back to back with the UGA penalty to compare the two.

While we are talking about debatable call, how about the no call on Moreno's first run where Southerland TACKLED Blackmon. He had him by one leg and was going for the other. As in most games (especially in the SEC) the officiating is terrible and the missed calls go both ways. So don't sit here and act like everything went our way. This isn't the Bama-LSU game we're talking about.

Today there were three BS calls. Even the announcers commented on every one as being BS. One was against AU, two against LSU.

And we all know that the announcers are the supreme beings to judge such things. But lets address at least one call those announcers gave their superior opinion on. The GA player led with his helmet in fact he even adjusted (ducked) his head to try and hit BC head first, now just because he ended up missing him with his head doesn't negate what it seemed his intent was. I have no doubt that he was trying to hit him head first after BC had thrown the ball.

One reason they got the penalties they got, besides the one where the dude did a little dance, is because the ref threw some BS "protecting the QB flags"...had nothing to do with the players being "classless"

And I don't see a problem with the UGA team dancing on the sidelines...especially not inbetween quarters.

UGA has been one of the most enjoyable teams to watch this year, from the UF game on.

Kudos to Richt. Classy dude and his players have fun.

How did you like it when the kicker deliberately fell down pretending an Auburn player hit him. You could tell the official didn't like it and gave him a warning not to do it again. I agree with the original post. Georgia blew us away. There was no reason to act classless! Show some sportsmanship!

Enlighten us BG, on which "protecting the QB flags" were BS? Was it the one where BG got dove on after he was down, or the one where #9 led with his helmet, but happened to only clobber BC with a shoulder to the face after he'd released the ball. Please expand.

Basically you see what you want to see. Last week you guys said the late hit on LSU's DE was an awful call even though he led with his helmet and was 2 steps late hitting him.

Today there were three BS calls. Even the announcers commented on every one as being BS. One was against AU, two against LSU.

Regardless, it's beside the point. Whether you think those roughing the passer flags were warranted or not, they are NO indication that UGA was being classless or is "losing control"

If you want to take a situation where a UGA player was jumping in the air, BC releases the ball (while the guy is in the air), and the guy in the air fails to adjust his trajectory mid flight...as an indicator of a "classless" play...that's your business. But you'd be wrong for doing so.

Dude, just give it up already. The Iron Bowl will be played in 2 weeks and all your smack won't mean a thing until it's over. You guys got pWnEd tonight and you know it. Alabama was totally embarrassed tonight and UGA won't make it any better for you. Trying to live vicariously thru UGA won't mean a thing come Iron Bowl day. If you think you are going to come on an Auburn Board and convince us to give up against the likes of you, then put down the SabaNation crack pipe and just walk away.

War Eagle!

Why not get a life rather than spend your time over here? Geez, I know I have better things to do than to spend my day on an Alabama board.

How did you like it when the kicker deliberately fell down pretending an Auburn player hit him. You could tell the official didn't like it and gave him a warning not to do it again. I agree with the original post. Georgia blew us away. There was no reason to act classless! Show some sportsmanship

You just posed that question as if UGA's punter was the first in history to flop.

And again, flopping does not reflect classlessness.

I've been watching football a long time. I've always been a Georgia fan dating back to the Vince Dooley days. If Auburn can't win it all, I used to hope Georgia did. No more. I lost most of the respect I once had for Mark Richt and the Georgia football program over the last few weeks.

The endzone dance debacle against Florida was inexcuseable. Anybody who saw that and had no problem with it spends too much time playing Street Ball on PlayStation. It was a disgraceful display and has no place in SEC football.

The reason Georgia was flagged early and often this week was, in my opinion, the league's way to retaliate against that tawdry event.

The complete disarray on the sidelines yesterday was also egregious. I have no problem with a team being emotional. I have no problem with a team getting into the spirit of the game. I DO have a problem with the entire sideline going berserk like its Step Show Night at the Apollo. The whole "fake argument" thing that went on between Moreno and Thomas for about four or five minutes was an embarassment to the team, the league and the sport. There's no place for that in organized sport.

I was ashamed for Georgia and extremely disappointed in Richt for allowing his team to trample on the class and dignity that Georgia once epitomized.

Georgia deserved to win the game. They were the more physical team in the end and played well. It's unfortunate that the team no longer has any idea how to win with class. Congratulations, Bull-asses. I'll no longer support you in the East. I'll be looking on every Saturday hoping that a Wildcat, Gator, Vol, Gamecock or Commodore is spanking your punk asses.

I was referring to the dancing around BG, don't start going off on some tangent. Another thing you're famous for.

I'm not going off on some tangent. My responses about the penalties were due to someone STARTING THIS THREAD suggesting that they were an indicator of a classless coach. Why do you refuse to answer my questions about the penalties?

If you think that those two announcers are known for their perception, you're the one with the "perception" issues.

Again, you didn't answer my question. Do you think they are more biased against Auburn than you are FOR them? Everyone in the room thinks those are weak penalties (including the one against Auburn), and the announcers even made a point to say they were bullcorn. But you can pooh pooh it all away by saying "well those announcers don't know what they're talking about"...they know more than you.

If you think you are going to come on an Auburn Board and convince us to give up against the likes of you, then put down the SabaNation crack pipe and just walk away.

Show me where I said you should give up, or anywhere that I mentioned Saban.

You guys got pWnEd tonight and you know it

Who says that...really?

What, are you trying to say your game against Miss. State was a moral victory?

One reason they got the penalties they got, besides the one where the dude did a little dance, is because the ref threw some BS "protecting the QB flags"...had nothing to do with the players being "classless"

And I don't see a problem with the UGA team dancing on the sidelines...especially not inbetween quarters.

UGA has been one of the most enjoyable teams to watch this year, from the UF game on.

Kudos to Richt. Classy dude and his players have fun.

BG.....I was at the game, and Now it's time to take the gloves off with you!!!!

UGA looked like a cross between the 1999 FSU team and the the crew from 50 cent last night. They are NOT the class act you THINK they are anymore. YES, UGA kicked our ass.....YES, a couple of the flags were borderline (of course a BAMA man would play that record and spin it like a master mixer), but in NO WAY was UGA classy yesterday!

They are now off the chart, and I HATE THEIR SORRY ASSES!!!! You were not there, so you can't make a judgement. There were A LOT of UGA Alums (Older) appologizing to us as we were going out of there. They were not happy about it either.

Archived