What recruits did Bama have there yesterday?

TexasTiger

if anything, this loss reinforced the guarantee given to alot of these guys of early playing time. there will be attrition in the offseason, i promise you that.

:bamaspin:

whatever makes you feel better....

I almost have to agree with rws. If these young impressionable kids listen to the Alabama (state, not school) media and all they hear is that bama is back and it is just a matter of time before $aban leads them to the promised land once again, then they might be led to believe that they could contribute as a FR or Soph. I would imagine that most 17 year old football studs believe that they are the answer to any football issue.

if anything, this loss reinforced the guarantee given to alot of these guys of early playing time. there will be attrition in the offseason, i promise you that.

the fact of the matter is there are alot of recruits that were promised early PT. and it is also a fact that a number of kids will not be welcomed back to the team. i honestly don't think this loss changes the landscape of our recruiting.

How many players are going to leave? A team with hardly any talented depth is going to start running off players? Saban is one smart cookie.

Based on this theory Notre Dame will sign the absolute top 25 kids in the country because they can "guarantee" more playing time than anybody based on their record or Vandy could guarantee that every year.

As far as the attrition, you can only sign a max amount of players each year. There are 22 seniors this year, based on a max of 25 scholarships signed each year, then NS can only "runoff" 3 additional players. Otherwise your start creating serious depth issues.

the fact of the matter is there are alot of recruits that were promised early PT. and it is also a fact that a number of kids will not be welcomed back to the team. i honestly don't think this loss changes the landscape of our recruiting.

Spin it any way you want...but Alabama lost to ULM...yes University of freaking Louisianna Monroe.

I don't care what Saban or the media says about "bringing the tide back", but as a recruit, you have to seriously doubt where the program is heading by LOSING TO FREAKING ULM!!!!!

Sorry...there is nothing, N O T H I N G, good that comes out of this loss...NOTHING

Yeah because If I were a recruit winning would not be that important.

Based on this theory Notre Dame will sign the absolute top 25 kids in the country because they can "guarantee" more playing time than anybody based on their record or Vandy could guarantee that every year.

As far as the attrition, you can only sign a max amount of players each year. There are 22 seniors this year, based on a max of 25 scholarships signed each year, then NS can only "runoff" 3 additional players. Otherwise your start creating serious depth issues.

That might be why Notre Dame has the #1 recruiting class in the country, ya think?

That might be why Notre Dame has the #1 recruiting class in the country, ya think?

So it's not that Alabama is back OR Saban is a great recruiter...it's because y'all suck this year...OK...make up your mind damnit...

I'll say it again... :bamaspin:

So it's not that Alabama is back OR Saban is a great recruiter...it's because y'all suck this year...OK...make up your mind damnit...

I'll say it again... :bamaspin:

1) Alabama is not back and won't be until we've had at least 5 years of consistent success

2) Saban is a good recruiter

3) We don't suck. At the rate we're going, we're hoping to one day suck

There you have it.

Notre Dame does not have the #1 class because they suck. They suck and they have the #1 class but that does not mean there is a cause and effect.

Notre Dame does not have the #1 class because they suck. They suck and they have the #1 class but that does not mean there is a cause and effect.

Notre Dame has the number one class because they are Notre Dame.

I used to work for a recruiting magazine as a writer. I wrote recruiting profiles and asssisted with ranking players. Yeah, there are obvious talents. You can look at the film and tell that certain guys just have that "it" factor. But for the most part it's extremely subjective. You often have no idea whatsoever what kind of legitimate competition these guys are facing. You might see a player running up and down the field, but maybe he's playing against private school competition. I know a kid right now -- not going to name any names -- but he's on the Birmingham News Super 100 list. He's a 3* player. And he's got about as much D1 talent as PCChamp.

One of the things we looked at when we were ranking players was what schools were highly interested in a kid. If he listed Troy, Louisville, East Carolina, Southern Miss, UAB and Tennessee on his list it was pretty much assumed that Tennessee was a wish and no matter what his film looked like, he wasn't getting major starage. Now if Tennessee happened to show a great deal of interest, those stars might be bumped a little -- not because the kid was a better player but because of WHO was recruiting him.

So when Notre Dame recruits a player, that adds legitimacy to the player's rankings. But when it comes to actual talent on the field, the Golden Domers really don't recruit that well. Haven't in many years. Same with Alabama.

but as a recruit, you have to seriously doubt where the program is heading by LOSING TO FREAKING ULM!!!!!

Glenn Harbin disagrees with you.

11/18/07

"I know they are struggling now but that doesn't bother me at all. Some people seem to think it would but it doesn't. It shows me they need players and have room for improvement. I'm not worried about them at all because I've seen the potential."

us and UF lead for his signature. but i'm sure you will call him a liar and that he's just saying that. if you think a horrible loss like this just KILLS our recruiting, you are wrong. it doesn't necessarily help it with SOME recruits, but i don't think it affects most. its that way for plenty of SEC teams. do you think your guys freaked out and rushed to their phones to pull their commitments when you guys lost to USF? i highly doubt it.

but as a recruit, you have to seriously doubt where the program is heading by LOSING TO FREAKING ULM!!!!!

11/18/07

"I know they are struggling now but that doesn't bother me at all. Some people seem to think it would but it doesn't. It shows me they need players and have room for improvement. I'm not worried about them at all because I've seen the potential."

us and UF lead for his signature. but i'm sure you will call him a liar and that he's just saying that. if you think a horrible loss like this just KILLS our recruiting, you are wrong. it doesn't necessarily help it with SOME recruits, but i don't think it affects most. its that way for plenty of SEC teams. do you think your guys freaked out and rushed to their phones to pull their commitments when you guys lost to USF? i highly doubt it.

USF peaked at #2 in the nation.

ULM is a whipping boy of the Sunbelt Conference.

Just sayin.

Just sayin.

My thoughts exactly. It was a little different imo. :)

11/18/07

Just sayin.

and if you REALLY REALLY believe that USF justly deserved that #2 ranking, then i'll have whatever you're sniffing. you and i both know you guys should have taken them out, but i doubt you would ever say that. granted, they would beat the crap out of ULM and they would beat the crap out of us, but that's not saying much. they're not even ranked now but i bet they are probably still ahead of us. <_<

Dude please give me a break. Ill beat a 10000000000 dollar's you can pull any of your post. And over the past 4 or 5 yrs. you have said.( Alabama's recruits were better than auburn's.)

Please Please Please Dont say lack of talent,

YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS ANYMORE

and if you REALLY REALLY believe that USF justly deserved that #2 ranking, then i'll have whatever you're sniffing. you and i both know you guys should have taken them out, but i doubt you would ever say that.

Oh, Auburn most definitely was a better team and should have taken them out. I just said it. And I'll say it a billion more times.

granted, they would beat the crap out of ULM and they would beat the crap out of us, but that's not saying much. they're not even ranked now but i bet they are probably still ahead of us. <_<

That was exactly my point. They're not equal situations.

11/18/07

OK man...whatever helps you sleep at night...

Archived