Saban's Show

rebdawg

Lots of blaming the players going on. This is something they will have to live with because they couldn't finish the job. This will haunt them the rest of their lives.

Lots of blaming the players going on. This is something they will have to live with because they couldn't finish the job. This will haunt them the rest of their lives.

Well, he is a jerk-ass. But something to note: if it's true that Saban is going to run off a lot of Shula's players and play a lot of his own recruits, then he really doesn't have to care at all about these current players. It is their team - Saban's just waiting this season out. I wouldn't put it past him. It's a HUGE gamble because that attitude could run off recruits or damage the leadership of the next couple of years. Only time will tell.

Well, he is a jerk-ass. But something to note: if it's true that Saban is going to run off a lot of Shula's players and play a lot of his own recruits, then he really doesn't have to care at all about these current players. It is their team - Saban's just waiting this season out. I wouldn't put it past him. It's a HUGE gamble because that attitude could run off recruits or damage the leadership of the next couple of years. Only time will tell.

Get a long, hard look at some of them.

Clear enough?

Clear enough?

I know, but those are boys/young men. Saban and the assistants are PAID to take the blame. The players shouldn't have to. They feel bad enough. And before you ask, I would feel the same way if it were Auburn.

Clear enough?

I know, but those are boys/young men. Saban and the assistants are PAID to take the blame. The players shouldn't have to. They feel bad enough. And before you ask, I would feel the same way if it were Auburn.

True, but this shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. Saban treats his college football team like an NFL team. This is basically the equivalent of an NFL team cleaning house and going after a bunch of free agents that fit the system. Saban is about winning football games; he's not about raising boys into men. I think that can proven with DJ Hall playing in the second half, Deadrick not getting suspended, Roy Upchurch still being on the team.

Clear enough?

You have got to be kidding.

Clear enough?

I disagree about them being "boys." The only ones who don't think of themselves as men, albeit young ones, should, and will, hit the freaking road.

Saban and his staff shouldn't have to shoulder the mistakes of another coach. Those that prove they belong will stay. It's that simple.

This is the first time I've watched his show. What kind of low-budget garbage is this? Holy crap, coaches shows are not exactly Emmy-worthy productions to begin with, but The Auburn Football Review blows this out of the water in every way imaginable. Not to mention, why on earth is this the "Nick Saban Show" when all they do is play a quarter's worth of highlights with Eli and Kenny, then Saban gives 20 seconds of commentary at the end of the quarter?

No after game locker room speech? Only scant player interviews?

If I were a bammer fan, I'd be embarrassed by this craptastic production.

Clear enough?

As in...?

Obviously, he can't scrap the entire team.

The Weber State's of the world are going to be welcoming some new team members, though...

This is the first time I've watched his show. What kind of low-budget garbage is this? Holy crap, coaches shows are not exactly Emmy-worthy productions to begin with, but The Auburn Football Review blows this out of the water in every way imaginable. Not to mention, why on earth is this the "Nick Saban Show" when all they do is play a quarter's worth of highlights with Eli and Kenny, then Saban gives 20 seconds of commentary at the end of the quarter?

No after game locker room speech? Only scant player interviews?

If I were a bammer fan, I'd be embarrassed by this craptastic production.

I agree wholeheartedly.

But your comments tell me that you haven't watched the shows of the past? Wow! The Saban show is far and away better than any other previous coach's.

You can't talk about it, though. That and our rusted chain link fence surrounding the field. "Not everybody sees it the way you do, BOY!" :lmao:

He could not be more of a jerkass. He is utter throwing his players under the bus. He tosses in a weak mention of "his responsibility" yet spends most of his time talking about how they players didn't do this or that, aren't finishing, etc.

It would be sweet justice to see the bammer's run him out of town in 3 years after he completely loses the respect of all the players and wears out his welcome.

Will Andre Smith be one of them? I watched the game replay this after noon and they were not running a lot behind him.

It's not right for me to name names. What happens will happen.

I will give a "no" on that one, by the way.

Not to mention, why on earth is this the "Nick Saban Show" when all they do is play a quarter's worth of highlights with Eli and Kenny, then Saban gives 20 seconds of commentary at the end of the quarter?

Because, there are no fans of the University of Alabama. Only idol worship of each individual head coach.

Clear enough?

As in...?

The Weber State's of the world are going to be welcoming some new team members, though...

"win at all costs" has seriously destroyed you people. you're ok with the idea that he's going to run off the kids that are already on the football team and pull in a bunch of freshmen that he picks himself, rather than COACH UP THE KIDS THAT HE HAS?? good lord, bammer. you have some talent on that team, it's just being treated extremely poorly by this total ass. i cannot WAIT to watch this whole thing collapse under him, if this is the way he's going to treat his players. i just hope kids with half a brain can see that they're going into a terrible situation there and will be thrown under the bus in a heartbeat if they aren't world beaters. does he toss off his own recruits if they suck, too?

"win at all costs" has seriously destroyed you people. you're ok with the idea that he's going to run off the kids that are already on the football team and pull in a bunch of freshmen that he picks himself, rather than COACH UP THE KIDS THAT HE HAS?? good lord, bammer. you have some talent on that team, it's just being treated extremely poorly by this total ass. i cannot WAIT to watch this whole thing collapse under him, if this is the way he's going to treat his players. i just hope kids with half a brain can see that they're going into a terrible situation there and will be thrown under the bus in a heartbeat if they aren't world beaters. does he toss off his own recruits if they suck, too?

My thoughts exactly. I thought it was sorry when they zeroed in on Capps and vilified him. By the end of the season, you'd have thought he was the gunman on the grassy knoll and the 20th terrorist all in one. But this takes the cake. Horrible, Horrible way to treat these guys. If this is how Bammers wanted to rebuild their team, then why didn't they just take the death penalty back in '02 and start from scratch?

Clear enough?

I disagree about them being "boys." The only ones who don't think of themselves as men, albeit young ones, should, and will, hit the freaking road.

Saban and his staff shouldn't have to shoulder the mistakes of another coach. Those that prove they belong will stay. It's that simple.

I'm sorry, Win. But when you were 18, I know you thought of yourself as a man, but now, looking back, do you think you were a man or a boy? I mean, really. There is some growth process here (thought you'd like that word thrown in, since you all love the word process), and they should not have to shoulder the entire blame. The time is entirely too short that they will have to. If they were NFL players, and were paid, well, that is another story.

Clear enough?

As in...?

Now if I remember correctly, Les Miles was able to coach up the players he had and turn them into good football players. Or was the one semester of coaching they had from Nick Saban good enough to last them four years?

WOW, CNS is throwing his team under the bus, and one of his bobo honking followers is completly backing him. That is really sad wincrimson. :no:

You just displayed your level of maturity along with your knowledge of collegiate athletics right there with one sentence.

You just displayed your level of maturity along with your knowledge of collegiate athletics right there with one sentence.

Just curious -- do you think ULM will pass on taking any of $abun's rejects? :big:

John Deere, chill out.

If I was bashing Auburn, I could understand you being a little defensive. Yet, here I am stating a fact about my own school and you feel the need to get riled up.

I'll let the fact that I'm not going to accept your invitation into an internet fight be a testament to my maturity.

Will Andre Smith be one of them? I watched the game replay this after noon and they were not running a lot behind him.

It's not right for me to name names. What happens will happen.

I will give a "no" on that one, by the way.

HE NAMED NAMES...

Man, I remember when coaches did not call out players. A victory belonged to the players, while a defeat was the coach's alone.

Instead, Saban is playing the blame game. What an idiot.

Archived