Saban's special gift

TexasTiger

Teaching players to tune him out:

ALABAMA

TUSCALOOSA -- After Alabama head coach Nick Saban spent several emotional moments chastising the media over his struggles to inspire his team the last two weeks, senior linebacker Darren Mustin was asked if the players received similar treatment in their first meeting with the head coach following last week's 21-14 loss to unheralded Louisiana-Monroe.

"Coach Saban blows up all the time," Mustin said. "They're all the same to me. You just learn to treat them like water under the bridge. He's not trying to tear you down. He's not trying to break you. He's trying to install a sense of urgency in you. Like one of my coaches said, 'You hear what you have to hear out of that conversation and you just let the rest go in one ear and out the other.'

"Sometimes he gets mad at that, but that's what you have to do in this situation because if you let how he gets on you bring you down, then you're not going to play very well. I think he's preparing you for a stadium -- people booing and cussing at you and calling you names. If you can learn to tune him out, that's nothing."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p.../711230317/1002

I would like to say that I foresee many stadiums in that kid's future, but Saban hasn't shown me any signs of instilling discipline in his program.

"Sometimes he gets mad at that, but that's what you have to do in this situation because if you let how he gets on you bring you down, then you're not going to play very well.

They must have been listening the past two weeks. ;)

I would like to say that I foresee many stadiums in that kid's future, but Saban hasn't shown me any signs of instilling discipline in his program.

i hate to say it, but i cannot wait to see the turnover after this season. for some guys on the team, this was an audition for whether they would be here for '08. a few people you would be surprised to hear grouped into that. from what i have understood from a few alumni that seem to be pretty close to the program, there are a handful of guys on the team that just flat out aren't good people. and that "handful" isn't even counting the seniors.

i hate to say it, but i cannot wait to see the turnover after this season. for some guys on the team, this was an audition for whether they would be here for '08. a few people you would be surprised to hear grouped into that. from what i have understood from a few alumni that seem to be pretty close to the program, there are a handful of guys on the team that just flat out aren't good people. and that "handful" isn't even counting the seniors.

One of them got his suspension pulled at the half last week. You gotta admit, that sends a huge message-- the wrong one.

I think he's preparing you for a stadium -- people booing and cussing at you and calling you names. If you can learn to tune him out, that's nothing."

...Must suck to play for Bama fans these days... :rolleyes:

One of them got his suspension pulled at the half last week. You gotta admit, that sends a huge message-- the wrong one.

He was suspended for a half. Get your rumors straight. The Seniors need to go and so do several more troublemakers. We may not have 70 players next year who were originally on scholarship. I'm sure we'll give the deserving walkons some of those scholarships.

He was suspended for a half. Get your rumors straight. The Seniors need to go and so do several more troublemakers. We may not have 70 players next year who were originally on scholarship. I'm sure we'll give the deserving walkons some of those scholarships.

It wasn't a rumor, dumbass. Your SID told the reporters and Eli Gold that he was suspended for the game. At least three newspapers and Eli himself reported it that way. Then suddenly, he's in there when the game is too tight for SaBear's liking. Then when questioned directly, Coach d***head couldn't just answer the question about whether it was originally intended to be half a game or a full game, he just gives a cryptic "it was what it was," non-answer.

Get your head out of your ass.

It wasn't a rumor, dumbass. Your SID told the reporters and Eli Gold that he was suspended for the game. At least three newspapers and Eli himself reported it that way. Then suddenly, he's in there when the game is too tight for SaBear's liking. Then when questioned directly, Coach d***head couldn't just answer the question about whether it was originally intended to be half a game or a full game, he just gives a cryptic "it was what it was," non-answer.

No, it was determined before the game that it was a half game suspension. Why is this a big issue with Auburn fans? If it was Tuberville, nobody would give a rats azz.

i agree, and i really wasn't happy to see that either. it was reported to multiple outlets and was in a release that he was suspended for the entire game. believe it or not but.....i will be glad when DJ Hall and the University of Alabama part ways.

He WAS originally suspended for the whole game. But BEFORE the game the leadership council met with Saban and asked that it be reduced to 1/2 a game because it was Senior Day and all his family was there. Saban said that out of his compassion for DJ he agreed to it. Thus the mixup with the media. Nothing sinister. No, "we're behind, lets play DJ" theories propagated on Auburn boards. Why do you make such a big deal over a minor thing? You don't even KNOW what he was suspended for or whether or not it warranted a 1/2 game, a whole game, or no suspension at all.

IamButtPlug, even your most loyal supporter, Finescum, criticized Saban for his actions on this one......get over it!

Personally, I'd just like to see him start today, get pounded and intercepted by our DB's for a few series, then get ejected for repeated unsportsmanlike conduct. Finish the second half of his original suspension at the insistance of the referees?...sounds like justice to me. B)

He WAS originally suspended for the whole game. But BEFORE the game the leadership council met with Saban and asked that it be reduced to 1/2 a game because it was Senior Day and all his family was there. Saban said that out of his compassion for DJ he agreed to it. Thus the mixup with the media. Nothing sinister. No, "we're behind, lets play DJ" theories propagated on Auburn boards. Why do you make such a big deal over a minor thing? You don't even KNOW what he was suspended for or whether or not it warranted a 1/2 game, a whole game, or no suspension at all.

:bamaspin::bamaspin:

Titan nailed it. Grow up.

No, it was determined before the game that it was a half game suspension. Why is this a big issue with Auburn fans? If it was Tuberville, nobody would give a rats azz.

If it was tubby dumbass it would he have have sat out the rest of the yr. For smoking dope and running his mouth to the coach

Archived