SPUAT - 2008 schedule

NoOneAUFan

10 win season is possible. Clemson should be on the sched here soon and will make for a hell of an opener.

What is soon? Like the same years they would play Auburn? Or After? Playing 3 SEC teams in one season would be quite the challenge. 2 teams is pretty crazy as it is.

IMO, these arguments about Arkansas and Kentucky are laughable. Arkansas doesn't have a coach yet, nor McFadden. Kentucky doesn't have its 1 man team anymore. Ole Miss? They have a better coach now - so it is possible.

From what I hear Clemson may be on there within the month.

OK... but my question is... when would they be playing?

UAT 2008 Football Schedule

08/30 Western Kentucky - W

09/06 Tulane - W

09/20 at Arkansas - W

09/27 at Georgia - L

10/04 Kentucky - W

10/11 UTEP - W

10/18 Ole Miss - W

10/25 at Tennessee - W

11/01 Northern Illinois - W

11/08 Mississippi State - W

11/15 at LSU - W

11/29 Auburn - L

With my above predictions, I am counting on JPW either getting his head OUT OF HIS ASS or another person coming in and playing decently

If Bama starts a freshman at QB or JPW blows....

I see this:

09/06 Tulane - W

09/20 at Arkansas - W

09/27 at Georgia - L

10/04 Kentucky - W

10/11 UTEP - W

10/18 Ole Miss - W

10/25 at Tennessee - L

11/01 Northern Illinois - W

11/08 Mississippi State - W

11/15 at LSU - L

11/29 Auburn - L

It'll be interesting to see if Auburn can keep the streak alive (at Bama and in general) with the game being on the road, with a sophomore QB against a Senior QB. They should go 8-4 or Saban should be fired

Wow, I had not thought of all that. You make a very compelling argument. Sounds just like 2002. Auburn had a sophmore QB, Bama had a senior. The game was in Turberville-Denny Stadium. Bama had recently had a stupendous recruiting class that got them put on probation (just like this year's will). Auburn's sophmore QB threw two TD passes, Bama's senior QB threw none. Auburn's defense was amazing and their fourth string tailback ran roughshod over the "best paid" D-line in America (college or pro). The final score looked close, but the game was never competetive and started a string of Iron Bowls that would see Auburn win comfortably. Bama had a proven coach in his second year who, like Saban, was coaching his last game at the Capstone.

I see it as bad as 6-6, or as good at 8-4. It'll take them beating a team or two they shouldn't, and avoiding the upsets for them to have a decent year.

:au::homer:

First of all, Mike Price will probably not be at UTEP, so that reasoning is no good. That said, I think SPUAT will have a 7-5 season. Hey, it's better than this year. Although, there will probably be a game that they should win, and won't (Arkansas, maybe), so maybe 6-6. That is bowl eligible.

8/30 Western Kentucky W

09/06 Tulane W

09/20 at Arkansas W (Arkansas will not be that good next year, new coach and no McFadden)

09/27 at Georgia L

10/04 Kentucky W (no Andre Woodson)

10/11 UTEP W (if you play Clemson, instead of UTEP, it will be another loss for SPUAT)

10/18 Ole Miss W

10/25 at Tennessee L

11/01 Northern Illinois W

11/08 Mississippi State L

11/15 at LSU L

11/29 Auburn L

I don't understand why people are picking Tennessee to lose to Bammer two years in a row. I don't think there's any way Fulmer loses to Bammer again next year after what happened this year.

BTW, who will the Vols' new QB be?

Crompton who played 2-3 games last year

I don't think he will be that great but who knows....Cutcliffe can do well with people at QB and some talent around them

I don't understand why people are picking Tennessee to lose to Bammer two years in a row. I don't think there's any way Fulmer loses to Bammer again next year after what happened this year.

I agree...

...especially given the fact that next years game is at Neyland Stadium

09/06 Tulane - W (BAMA's BACK, BABY!)

09/20 at Arkansas - L

09/27 at Georgia - L

10/04 Kentucky - Toss-up....L

10/11 UTEP - Toss-up....W

10/18 Ole Miss - W

10/25 at Tennessee - L

11/01 Northern Illinois - Toss-up...W

11/08 Mississippi State - L (3 IN A ROW!)

11/15 at LSU - L

11/29 Auburn - L

They lose the following players worth notingNOTHING: S. Castille, Matt Caddell, DJ Hall, Justin Britt, Darren Mustin, Chris Capps, "Money" Christensen

Half their WR corps, their only consistent DB and some experience (not necessarily talent) off the OL.

5-7 wins tops.

Fixed that for you....

Now,

09/06 Tulane - W

09/20 at Arkansas - L

09/27 at Georgia - L (this one will likely get ugly)

10/04 Kentucky - Toss up

10/11 UTEP - Toss-up....W

10/18 Ole Miss - L

10/25 at Tennessee - L

11/01 Northern Illinois - W - TOSS Up (Should have learned their lesson a few years ago.)

11/08 Mississippi State - L - 3 straight

11/15 at LSU - L

11/29 Auburn - L

12/15 - Saban's house goes on the market :big:

I could see them possibly getting the Arkansas and Ole Miss games which would give them their 6 wins for the 3rd straight year....

10 win season is possible. Clemson should be on the sched here soon and will make for a hell of an opener.

Bama can't beat Clemson. They are Auburn with a lake and you can't see the lake from the stadium. Besides they are Tigers. 'Nuff said.

I was on the Clemson board and they were trying to replace Bama with Central Florida for next years schdeule. I told them that they should just keep Central Florida, it will make them have a better strength of schedule!

When is Clemson playing Alabama? Auburn plays them in '09-'10...

And what do some of y'all see in Kentucky? Isn't there team revolved around Andre Woodsen? Isn't he going to be gone?

NO. Auburn plays Clemson in 2010 & 2011.

Archived