10/18 Ole Miss

10/25 at Tennessee

11/01 Northern Illinois

11/08 Mississippi State

11/15 at LSU

11/29 Auburn

4 TOUGH road games (UT, UGA, ARK & LSU)

They trade Vandy for Kentucky

A bye week after the second game and another before the Auburn game.

I don't like the week off before the Iron Bowl (Where is Louisiana Monroe when you need them)? :poke:

Any thoughts??

Wait a minute... they are playing UTEP?? Isn't that where Mike Price coaches? Wouldn't that be an embarassing loss if UTEP came in and stole a victory. I doubt that happens with it being sandwiched between Kentucky and Ole Miss

IMO, they will have an 8-4 type of season, plus or minus 1. Most likely 8-4 is the easy bet. Bama fans will be proud with the 2 game difference from '07 and expect 10 in '09 and a NC in '10

I was gonna post something about this earlier. How weak is that OOC schedule? Tulane is probably the toughest OOC team they play.

If they don't improve to at least 7-5 then that process is something else.

Wait a minute... they are playing UTEP?? Isn't that where Mike Price coaches? Wouldn't that be an embarassing loss if UTEP came in and stole a victory. I doubt that happens with it being sandwiched between Kentucky and Ole Miss

I did not realize that but you are right.

I have a feeling there will be some great Beatdown posts the week before that game

Anyway:

10/11/08 is now circled on my calendar :roflol::roflol:

I don't have a link, but it was talked about this morning on 690am that UTEP backed out because of CMP. Bama is trying to get Clemson now. Even with Clemson this non conference schedule is weak. And just think, St Nick wants to play ND. Ha.

The turds should be 9-2 when they play AUBURN next year, and we will all be hearing about how they told us the "process" would work, and how they are about to kick our butts, and nother national champeenchip that they are going to get. Just wait and see.

08/30 Western Kentucky - W

09/06 Tulane - W (BAMA's BACK, BABY!)

09/20 at Arkansas - L

09/27 at Georgia - L

10/04 Kentucky - Toss-up....L

10/11 UTEP - Toss-up....W

10/18 Ole Miss - W

10/25 at Tennessee - L

11/01 Northern Illinois - Toss-up...W

11/08 Mississippi State - L (3 IN A ROW!)

11/15 at LSU - L

11/29 Auburn - L

They lose the following players worth noting: S. Castille, Matt Caddell, DJ Hall, Justin Britt, Darren Mustin, Chris Capps, "Money" Christensen

Half their WR corps, their only consistent DB and some experience (not necessarily talent) off the OL.

5-7 wins tops.

Northern Illinois? Didn't they learn anything from the last beatdown they got from them?

Here are my waaaaay too early predictions:

08/30 Western Kentucky W

09/06 Tulane W

09/20 at Arkansas W

09/27 at Georgia L --ugly loss

10/04 Kentucky W

10/11 UTEP W

10/18 Ole Miss W --barely

10/25 at Tennessee L

11/01 Northern Illinois W

11/08 Mississippi State L -- 3 in a row

11/15 at LSU L --Crowd will be hostil

11/29 Auburn L- 7 in a row

7-5 seems right, they upgrade to the Music City Bowl, and subsequently lose to go 7-6. If they beat Colorado this year, they end up with the same record....$4 million well spent

I see 7 wins as well, maybe six. I don't think the Bama talent level has hit bottom yet.

Especially not if Sgt. Slaughter Saban is going to enforce his super duper discipline and kick the malcontents off the team. Or maybe he'll just suspend them for the first half of the WKY game...until Bama needs them to try an unsuccessful comeback.

Ole Miss gets em.

6-6.

JPW is NOT a good quarterback. And he loses the receivers he needs. Their running game will improve, but SEC defense can stuff the run. Having a passing game to complement the running game is crucial.

I foresee a QB controversy next season for Bama. Starr Jackson will get attention much like Kodi Burns did this year.

Defense loses experience but gains in others. D-Line will present a major problem for Bama.

The turds should be 9-2 when they play AUBURN next year,

You don't think they'll lose more than two of these games:

@ Arkansas

@ Georgia

@ Tennessee

@ LSU

Kentucky

Ole Miss

Miss St

??

I don't see them being 9-2 when they face us, but I guess stranger things have happened.

(Like losing to ULM)

I was on the Clemson board and they were trying to replace Bama with Central Florida for next years schdeule. I told them that they should just keep Central Florida, it will make them have a better strength of schedule!

I was on the Clemson board and they were trying to replace Bama with Central Florida for next years schdeule. I told them that they should just keep Central Florida, it will make them have a better strength of schedule!

When is Clemson playing Alabama? Auburn plays them in '09-'10...

And what do some of y'all see in Kentucky? Isn't there team revolved around Andre Woodsen? Isn't he going to be gone?

UAT 2008 Football Schedule

08/30 Western Kentucky----(W) 42-14

09/06 Tulane----(W) 17-10

09/20 at Arkansas----(L) 28-25 (Lost in 2nd overtime)

09/27 at Georgia----(L) 24-6

10/04 Kentucky----(W) 35-14

10/11 UTEP----(W) 55-21

10/18 Ole Miss----(W) 12-9

10/25 at Tennessee----(W) 35-28

11/01 Northern Illinois----(W) 18-0

11/08 Mississippi State----(W) 35-17

11/15 at LSU----(L) 44-12

11/29 Auburn----(L) 31-14 (Not you're typical close IB, they score late in the game)

8-4, extremely inconsistant football team...starting off 2-2, then going on a 6 win streak, only to run into a brick wall with LSU and Auburn closing out the year.

10 win season is possible. Clemson should be on the sched here soon and will make for a hell of an opener.

What is soon? Like the same years they would play Auburn? Or After? Playing 3 SEC teams in one season would be quite the challenge. 2 teams is pretty crazy as it is.

IMO, these arguments about Arkansas and Kentucky are laughable. Arkansas doesn't have a coach yet, nor McFadden. Kentucky doesn't have its 1 man team anymore. Ole Miss? They have a better coach now - so it is possible. But it being at Bryant Denny - I like Bama. MSU - I guess we can't be counting them out, but I still see Bama winning that one too. It'll be interesting to see if Auburn can keep the streak alive (at Bama and in general) with the game being on the road, with a sophomore QB against a Senior QB. They should go 8-4 or Saban should be fired

10 win season is possible. Clemson should be on the sched here soon and will make for a hell of an opener.

What is soon? Like the same years they would play Auburn? Or After? Playing 3 SEC teams in one season would be quite the challenge. 2 teams is pretty crazy as it is.

IMO, these arguments about Arkansas and Kentucky are laughable. Arkansas doesn't have a coach yet, nor McFadden. Kentucky doesn't have its 1 man team anymore. Ole Miss? They have a better coach now - so it is possible.

From what I hear Clemson may be on there within the month.

Their schedule is very favorable minus the road games. UGA, LSU, UT and us are games that they should lose, but you never know what may happen. Arky will be terrible without Mcfaden/Jones. Plus depending on who they hire, they may not have any of the pieces they need to run their system. UK will fall back to mediocrity without Woodson. That leaves the Mississippi schools, which they shoudl beat, but who knows. I see anywhere from 8-4 to 6-6. They should be pretty much guarenteed a bowl game with that non-conference schedule.

I see them as 8-4 with the schedule they have now. If Clemson comes on board, you may need to change that to 7-5.

Bowden was only as good as Burton Burns's running backs.

Clemson is 9-3 w/ a balanced offense and a good defense. Their qb will be a senior and they get their leading reciever back. Davis is a junior and he may go pro, but even if he does they will still have Spiller. I think they have a decent shot at knocking off the 6-6 Tide.

For all the money they have poured into the coaching staff and this year's recruiting class anything less than the BCS championship game must, MUST be considered a failure.

Here is how I see the Bama season playing out:

08/30 Western Kentucky W (Bama may win by 60).

09/06 Tulane W (last second field goal).

09/20 at Arkansas L

09/27 at Georgia L (lopsided, at least by 20)

10/04 Kentucky L (by 7)

10/11 UTEP L (1OT loss by field goal)

10/18 Ole Miss L (first SEC win for Nutt)

10/25 at Tennessee L (lopsided, maybe by 20)

11/01 Northern Illinois W (last second touchdown)

11/08 Mississippi State L

11/15 at LSU L (by over 30)

11/29 Auburn L (this will be loss #7 of 10 to Auburn)

Year two of the "process" goes well. After all, Saban himself said that you have to hit rock bottom to build a program back up. Rock bottom is 0 - 12 but with the pansy schedules that Bama likes to put together it will take a few more years to get there.

All joking aside - I see another 6-6 record. Until a Bama coach puts together a winning record against the SEC my doubts will linger. Bama will be less talented next year despite this year's recruiting class. Bama's schedule is something that is going to have to be addressed by the SEC. Their strength of schedule the last few years has been very low despite playing in the toughest conference in the nation. That takes an effort.

Archived