Les Miles signs extension

AU alum

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3144459

LSU extends Miles' contract through '12

Associated Press

Updated: December 6, 2007, 5:02 PM ET

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Les Miles has signed a contract extension that will keep him with the Tigers through 2012.

The deal was approved Thursday by the LSU board's athletic committee, apparently ending any chance of Miles leaving for Michigan to replace Lloyd Carr, who retired last month. The approval of the full board is needed, but that is considered a formality when the board meets Friday.

The contract doesn't change Miles' salary, which will already rise to at least $2.8 million annually based on LSU's Southeastern Conference championship this year.

If LSU wins the national championship, the contract provides Miles would become among the nation's top-earning college football coaches. University officials estimate that would put his annual earnings somewhere between $3.2 million and $3.5 million.

LSU (11-2) faces Ohio State (11-1) in the Allstate BCS Championship Game on Jan. 7 at the Louisiana Superdome.

Just before his team played Tennessee in the SEC title game Dec. 1, Miles effectively ended speculation he would bolt Baton Rouge for Michigan, announcing his intention to remain at LSU.

Is this STILL a smokescreen? Or is he really staying at LSU? If so, how does $aban fit in with Michigan? Pretty good fit, I'd say.

Getting into the NCG has helped cool over a LOT of LSU fans but I do chuckle at how after the Arkansas game....every LSU fan I know was PRAYING that Miles would leave

You know, after reading some of the posts on other threads I got to thinking. All Miles signed was an extension right? No buyout changes? He did get bumped to 2.8 Million and possible 3.2 if they win the NC. So, what if they loose? The buyout is the same. UM would know where their new $$offer needs to be. I doubt it happens, but ya never know. I thought that would really make things interesting if it played out.

**Personally, I hope the idiot stays making that game a little easier in the coming years.**

He is to lsWHO what little nicky is to uat.......Just a whole lot cheaper....

I don't see how Les Miles staying will help make the AU-LSU game easier in the coming years.

The man is an idiot. With what he has to work with, very few of their games should have come down to the wire. In my opinion, his coaching lost them the UK game and arguably the Arkansas game. I anticipate their recruiting classes to weaken a bit and combined with his stupidity, that will make that game less of a threat.

I don't see how Les Miles staying will help make the AU-LSU game easier in the coming years.

The man is an idiot. With what he has to work with, very few of their games should have come down to the wire. In my opinion, his coaching lost them the UK game and arguably the Arkansas game. I anticipate their recruiting classes to weaken a bit and combined with his stupidity, that will make that game less of a threat.

I dunno, you're talking about a team going to the MNC game, recruiting will probably only get better if he wins it. I waited since year one of LM for LSU to fall, but it's now year 3 and he's got them in the NC game, looks like I might be waiting for a while.

A good coach, with THAT talent, would have run the table.

For such an idiot he sure has a pretty good record at LSU, and he is 2-1 vs Auburn. I don't think he is the smartest coach in the SEC, but I don't think he is going to run that program into the ground.

Well, his luck does seem as if it's running out...and that was all he had to keep him going.

Archived