Jones and OU

bigsixfive

I was listening to the radio tonight, and they mentioned OU is now a frontrunner for Jones. They went onto mention how he drove home from Norman in a new car. Certainly they were mistaken... right?

the only reason you could make a case for OU is they're pitching the "national spotlight" angle pretty hard. unless something catastrophic happens he's sticking around the south. fwiw, there are alot of rumors about JJ that float around. most are WAAAAY out there. i honestly have no idea about that one about the Norman/new car thing, but i wouldn't put much stock into it.

It shouldn't be a hard sell. OU is firmly in the national spotlight now (some say they are the best team in the nation). Who would you rather have throwing passes to you, Bradford or Wilson? They also have a potent running game so he wouldn't be as likely to face as many doubleteams.

I'd say distance is the only thing Bama has in their favor when comparing these schools.

It was on Sports Call, and they're not ones to push unfounded stories. That's why I asked here - to see if anyone else had heard it (from other sources).

It was on Sports Call, and they're not ones to push unfounded stories. That's why I asked here - to see if anyone else had heard it (from other sources).

i honestly don't know, but i can find out. knowing what i know, i don't see why OU would be stupid enough to do that though.

The second I heard that Julio Jones was taking an official visit to OU, I thought he was a lock. They have a great QB that should be there two more years. They also have a sound running game to help open up the pass. They're consistently in the national spotlight. Julio Jones is good enough to start as a true freshman.

If Jones is going to make a commitment based on being a successful football player, I can't see any reason why he should pick Bama or Auburn over OU. Unless he sees education/being close to home/being a fan as equal importance, it'd be hard to pick anybody over OU.

The second I heard that Julio Jones was taking an official visit to OU, I thought he was a lock. They have a great QB that should be there two more years. They also have a sound running game to help open up the pass. They're consistently in the national spotlight. Julio Jones is good enough to start as a true freshman.

If Jones is going to make a commitment based on being a successful football player, I can't see any reason why he should pick Bama or Auburn over OU. Unless he sees education/being close to home/being a fan as equal importance, it'd be hard to pick anybody over OU.

meh, you might be surprised. he does want to stay close to his folks though. i agree though that OU has alot to offer. he has visited (unofficially) some sound programs already, but certainly doesn't mean he will automatically commit to them because of it. but fwiw, i will say that i wouldn't really consider any other schools as legit players except for us and OU.

It shouldn't be a hard sell. OU is firmly in the national spotlight now (some say they are the best team in the nation). Who would you rather have throwing passes to you, Bradford or Wilson? They also have a potent running game so he wouldn't be as likely to face as many doubleteams.

I'd say distance is the only thing Bama has in their favor when comparing these schools.

OU SU*KS...and they should be barred from EVER playing in the MNC game again. (See 2004).... I will say this as many times as it takes. :puke:

:au::homer:

meh, you might be surprised. he does want to stay close to his folks though. i agree though that OU has alot to offer. he has visited (unofficially) some sound programs already, but certainly doesn't mean he will automatically commit to them because of it. but fwiw, i will say that i wouldn't really consider any other schools as legit players except for us and OU.

Ok.

Julio will be in Tuscaloser. No way he goes anywhere but Bammer. I talked to a guy(Gumby) that has known Julio since he was knee high. Julio is just teasing the rest of the schools. My source is a, cheap light beer drinking, skoal drooling, half wit, so take it fwiw.

My source is a, cheap light beer drinking, skoal drooling, half wit, so take it fwiw.

Ohhh, you mean he's just like ALL of the bammers?

My source is a, cheap light beer drinking, skoal drooling, half wit, so take it fwiw.

Ohhh, you mean he's just like ALL of the bammers?

Pretty much like 99.99% of them.

Archived