Are there any Gov. Mike Huckabee supporters here?

GeneralLee

Besides, he has a crooked smile. Pass the plate please.

Bad teeth.

He may have Pro stances, but how long has he had them?

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. FDT

There's a lot not to like about Huckabee. Yeah, he's wrapping himself up in language of the faith, mainly to corral the knuckle dragging "Gods, Guns, and Guts" crowd, but he's really a statist if you take a look at his tenure in Arkansas, consistently raising taxes across the board. He provided free health insurance not just to kids of working poor in his state, but middle class families as well. He consistently opposed school choice and voucher programs, and signed into law a 21% minimum wage hike. As a result of all this largesse, government spending doubled and taxes rose about a half billion dollars while Huckabee sat in the governor's mansion in Little Rock.

In short, look at what he's done, not what he's promising to do.

Huckabee is far too enamored with the state's power to control behavior to be the type of conservative I am looking for. I don't like his past tax policies (although I do like the Fair Tax proposal), his medical policies (and I am not very fond of Big Macs, thank you very much), or his questionable ethics run-ins in Arkansas. I have yet to see someone from Arkansas jump up and down for him. That's pretty telling.

I have yet to see someone from Arkansas jump up and down for him. That's pretty telling.

Probably because Arkansas is more Democratic.

I have yet to see someone from Arkansas jump up and down for him. That's pretty telling.

Oh, baloney. He was elected Governor there, wasn't he?

You know who is governor of Arkansas now? a democrat

Both of Arkansas's U.S. Senators are Democrats

The state has four seats in U.S. House of Representatives. Three seats are held by Democrats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas

You know who is governor of Arkansas now? a democrat

Both of Arkansas's U.S. Senators are Democrats

The state has four seats in U.S. House of Representatives. Three seats are held by Democrats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas

Sorry. He obviously had enough political machinery in place to get elected governor. Yet, where are all those erstwhile supporters today?

Nope, when a guy can't muster a decent group of supporters from his home state to help in his run, you know the guy has baggage. Thanks for playing.

...wrapping himself up in language of the faith, mainly to corral the knuckle dragging "Gods, Guns, and Guts" crowd, but...

Wow. :puke:

Archived