Auburn over Florida

BGoodTiger

And you did it the year before. I think a lot of people called Auburn to do it again I think. If you play them again in 2008, I'm sure Auburn should be the favorite.

isn't even ranked in the top 10 upsets of the year by SI.com. Here are the rest:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html

It wasn't that big of an "upset" really. That whole week I expected that we would win.

We were a THREE...count em...THREE Touchdown Underdog in that game...and Thenator Holth guaranteed a UF win on ESPN ("N" for nucklehead).... It was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE upset at the time...over 4-0, gonna win it all, and the Heisman...Florida. :thumbsup:

:au::homer:

The only upset was the stomachs of the Gator Nation who thought they were going to go back to back with Tiebow.

At the end of the year they had three losses and we had 4 so in the nationa picture it was not that big of a upset. All it pointed out was that UF was way overrated and AU was underrated.

isn't even ranked in the top 10 upsets of the year by SI.com. Here are the rest:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html

It wasn't that big of an "upset" really. That whole week I expected that we would win.

We were a THREE...count em...THREE Touchdown Underdog in that game...and Thenator Holth guaranteed a UF win on ESPN ("N" for nucklehead).... It was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE upset at the time...over 4-0, gonna win it all, and the Heisman...Florida. :thumbsup:

:au::homer:

I agree. No one picked us at the time. Not even half the Auburn fans gave us a shot. A 3 TD spread is a lot no matter who you are. If you wanna save end of season records matter then the Oregon upset isnt really that big. I would certainly put it over Western Michigan. Iowa stinks.

It's nice to see that BAMA's BACK in SI :poke: Maybe they can save the picture for next year's cover! :lol:

:lmao:

Based on some of the games in the list, the AU/UF game is just as big of upset.

Personally, I think the UVA loss to Wyoming was huge.

I think the UAT loss to LAMO should have been higher - even #2.

Many of the Pac10 "upsets" were not that big of deal to me....even expected if you followed injuries and such.

Just a matter of the calendar:

At the time, we were 3-touchdown underdogs, struggling, only 2-3 weeks removed from loses to USF and Miss State, and Florida was undefeated and considered a major contender to repeat its BCS championship. By season's end we had righted our ship and were playing decent ball, MSU proved not to be a fluke, and Florida was out of BCS contention. Also, in September it was still surprizing to see top-ranked teams lose. By the end of this unusual year, I think we had gotten used to seeing top ranked teams lose practically every week. What looked awesome in September looks only average or slightly above normal in December.

Archived