If you were a WVU trustee.......

JohnDeere

For grins and giggles..you are a WVU trustee or regent or whatever  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer lead your West 'by God' Viriginia football team into mediocrity?

• Slick Nicky Saban
    • Terry (Tater Tot) Bowden

Well, if it's mediocrity you're looking for, I'd go with Saban, but if you want someone to lead your team PAST mediocrity, all the way below the cellar to the foundation, go ahead and take Tot.

IF Slaton and White stayed next year, Tot could have a heck of a run. Odds are, they don't, and his only play maker is Devine. Long term, he wouldn't have the recruiting success Rodriguez had. He put WVU on the map. Five years ago, who knew they had a D1A football program?

Saban, I think, could maintain the recruiting consistency that Rod established. I don't see him doing any better than Rodriguez did, but with the way teams back into the "title" game now a days, who knows.

Yeah, it's pretty much a question of the direction they want their program to take?

Good recruiting and lousy coaching? Saban's your man!

Bad recruiting and good coaching? Terry Bowden.

I guess if you got good recruiters on staff, a coach that couldn't recruit wouldn't matter so much. OR if you got good coordinators, then you could afford a coach that could recruit, and not coach.

Tot's a bad recruiter, not a GREAT liar.

Archived