Saban Admits Change in Hall's Suspension

Proud Tiger

In today's Huntsville Times, bama beat writer Paul Gattis says:

--DJ Hall accepts responsibility for his suspension for the La.-Monroe game. Says it was his fault.

--the orifnal suspension was the whole game but quotes Saban as saying after he and Hall talked, he had compassion and let Hall play the second half since it was his last home game as a senior. So the truthh comes out after all the spin. It's amazing how compassion will set in when you are getting beat by La.-Monroe :)

In today's Huntsville Times, bama beat writer Paul Gattis says:

--DJ Hall accepts responsibility for his suspension for the La.-Monroe game. Says it was his fault.

--the orifnal suspension was the whole game but quotes Saban as saying after he and Hall talked, he had compassion and let Hall play the second half since it was his last home game as a senior. So the truthh comes out after all the spin. It's amazing how compassion will set in when you are getting beat by La.-Monroe :)

Paul Gattis should have checked his Thesaurus for a more believable word than "compassion". I don't think of that term when I think of $aban.

I think it's safe to say...DJ wouldn't have made it on the field if we were winning that game.

Major "He Got Stones" Award for posting that. :thumbsup:

I think it's safe to say...DJ wouldn't have made it on the field if we were winning that game.

Between that and...

This is article is exactly the problem. These guys don't feel like they did anything wrong. They have a sense of entitlement and don't care if they broke the rules.

Caldwell hasn't had a history of getting into trouble, and graduated in 3 years. So he's surprising.

Coffee and Rogers are not surprising.

from the textbook thread, I truly do feel vindicated.

Hey just because they play in crimson doesn't mean they get a free pass.

They need to realize that playing football and going to school for free demands a certain sense of decency.

It was brought out this morning by Doug Cecrest (sp?) that Hall had gotten this suspension earlier in the year. Meaning that Satan PICKED the ULM game for him to serve his suspension. Yet all of those stupid bammers were calling in talking about how tough Satan is, and how this program is headed in the right direction because of his discipline. Bunch of dimwits!

They need to realize that playing football and going to school for free demands a certain sense of decency.

Maybe I am just in the Christmas spirit a little early, but, Very well said bg. :thumbsup:

p.s. I wonder where all of the sabear defenders are now. NONE would admit this sleeze at the time it happened. <_<

Something I picked out of the Mobile Press-Register is that whatever infraction the suspension was for happened earlier in the season, but punishment was delayed until the ULM game.

But we doing things the right way, aight?

Been told repeatedly he slapped Sarah Jessica Parker. Some have heard the rumor as to WHY he did it. But hitting a fellow player is unacceptable. Ask Marty Lyons and Walter Lewis next time you see them.

Major "He Got Stones" Award for posting that. :thumbsup:

I agree. Well said BG. By the way....who is posting on your account? :poke:

Been told repeatedly he slapped Sarah Jessica Parker. Some have heard the rumor as to WHY he did it. But hitting a fellow player is unacceptable. Ask Marty Lyons and Walter Lewis next time you see them.

I thought only girls slapped during a fight.

I don't remember THREE separate suspensions:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh....xml&coll=2

To be fair, Hall brought some of the criticism on himself. He served suspensions for undisclosed violations of team rules at least three times, the most recent of which was a half-game term against Louisiana-Monroe.

"Hopefully what we did will have some positive effect," Saban said.

Hey, Nick: If suspensions #1 and #2 didn't have any positive effect, why would "suspending" suspension #3 halfway through the game make any difference?

What's the team record in West Vance for suspensions by a player? If DJ can break another rule to get himself a fourth suspension for the bowl game, will he set another uat record?

I have heard it all now. Saban had "compassion" for DJ. Are we to believe that he just felt bad for the kid and his family? He just happened to have these pangs of "compassion" at halftime of a game where they were getting their butts kicked by a 1-AA team. Nick would have been better off just to keep his mouth shut and let this deal die. There was no good explanation for this to start with. For him to come out with something this lame makes him look like that much more of a sleazeball.

Question to Bama fans; what step in the process is it when you totally show the world that you have no spine and are quite willing to compromise your principles to get a win?

Question to Bama fans; what step in the process is it when you totally show the world that you have no spine and are quite willing to compromise your principles to get a win?

Umm, that would be when they realize he is a perfect fit for the Alabama job?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG, BG...are you sure you're really a Bamar???!!! :)

:au::homer:

I'm not gonna sound like a Bama fan here....but I find it funny that CNS went back on the full game suspension of DJ, just to have him come in and not do jack s***. Poetic justice for going back on a punishment. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.

I'm not gonna sound like a Bama fan here....but I find it funny that CNS went back on the full game suspension of DJ, just to have him come in and not do jack s***. Poetic justice for going back on a punishment. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.

Shire, what is your allegiance.........Auburn, bama, other?

Shire, what is your allegiance.........Auburn, bama, other?

Bama. I should make my sig. bigger ;) . Is there a way I can change that thing under my avatar that says "AU Fan". That's confusing.

Edit: There, made it bigger.

Archived