Depends on what your definition of "marched with" is

TexasTiger

Then Hillary is equally disqualified, if that's your measuring stick.

When she falsely claims to have marched with MLK, (Mitt never claimed that ) falsely claims to have been a lifelong hunter( No worse than anything Kerry did ) ' and falsely claims to have received an endorsement from the NRA ( an honest mistake, anyone could make ) then I'll be happy to denounce her, nuance-free.

Hillary DID claim she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, ( a lie ) , she DID claim to have no idea where the Rose Law Firm Billing records were ( they were in her own office ) .the imaginary " vast, right -wing conspiracy " which made Bill have relations w/ one of the White House interns....... spare me. Mitt's not even in the same ballpark as Hillary's lies.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Hillary is equally disqualified, if that's your measuring stick.

When she falsely claims to have marched with MLK, (Mitt never claimed thatYES HE DID. READ UP THREAD ) falsely claims to have been a lifelong hunter( No worse than anything Kerry did )SO YOUR NEW STANDARD IS "NO WORSE THAN KERRY?" ' and falsely claims to have received an endorsement from the NRA ( an DIShonest mistake, anyLIAR could make ) then I'll be happy to denounce her, nuance-free.

Hillary DID claim she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, ( a lie )SHE SAID HER MOTHER TOLD HER THAT-- BTW, WHAT VOTER BLOCK DO YOU THINK THIS DASTARDLY FALSEHOOD WAS AIMED AT WINNING OVER-- MOUNTAINCLIMBERS?, she DID claim to have no idea where the Rose Law Firm Billing records were ( they were in her own office ) .the imaginary " vast, right -wing conspiracy " which made Bill have relations w/ one of the White House interns--WRONG AGAIN....... spare me. Mitt's not even in the same ballpark as Hillary's lies.

Mitt is in a league all by himself-- pleeaaasee nominate him!

How am I 'wrong' in pointing out that Hillary tried to make us all believe the stories about Bill and Monica weren't true, and that it was all part of " a vast , Right wing conspiracy "??? Boy, are you delusional ! :roflol:

I'd nominate Mitt if I could. You sound like and a** though, asking that over and over. Mitt is part of the 'lock it down and bet the farm' trio of GOP candidates who'd wipe the floor with either Hillary or Obama.

Mitt

Fred

Rudy

All could win easily over any Democrat.

When she falsely claims to have marched with MLK, (Mitt never claimed that )

Yes, he did.

falsely claims to have been a lifelong hunter( No worse than anything Kerry did )

As bad as you claim Democrats are, why do you support a candidate who can't aim higher?

' and falsely claims to have received an endorsement from the NRA ( an honest mistake, anyone could make )

:roflol: In his "explanation," he claimed that he didn't know the NRA had an official endorsement program besides phone banking for him. :roflol: Sadly, for Mitt, his Democratic opponent in 2002, Shannon O'Brien, received a higher grade from the NRA than he did!!! Oh yeah, honest mistake to think that the NRA would endorse the candidate with the inferior grade.

Hillary DID claim she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, ( a lie )

What TexasTiger said.

she DID claim to have no idea where the Rose Law Firm Billing records were ( they were in her own office )

You should really try using some fresh material.

"This office has determined that the evidence was insufficient to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that either President or Mrs. Clinton knowingly participated in any criminal conduct ... or knew of such conduct," Robert Ray said in a news release issued by the Office of the Independent Counsel after his report on the Whitewater matter went to a federal three-judge panel Wednesday morning.

the imaginary " vast, right -wing conspiracy " which made Bill have relations w/ one of the White House interns....... spare me. Mitt's not even in the same ballpark as Hillary's lies.

:roflol:

How am I 'wrong' in pointing out that Hillary tried to make us all believe the stories about Bill and Monica weren't true, and that it was all part of " a vast , Right wing conspiracy "??? Boy, are you delusional ! :roflol:

I'd nominate Mitt if I could. You sound like and a** though, asking that over and over. Mitt is part of the 'lock it down and bet the farm' trio of GOP candidates who'd wipe the floor with either Hillary or Obama.

Mitt

Fred

Rudy

All could win easily over any Democrat.

...which made Bill have relations w/ one of the White House interns-

She never said the right-wing wackos "made Bill have relations" with anyone. Quit changing your quotes around to suit your purposes-- Quit pulling a Romney. B)

Your only candidate that can win is McCain.

Rudy's already toast. So's Fred. After Huck wins Iowa and McCain NH, the only thing keeping Romney on life support is personal fortune. Gonna get really nasty.

Tiger Al - Why are you rehashing over what this entire post has already settled, that Mitt meant he marched in favor of civil rights, FOR civil rights, with MLJ Jr. Just ******* drop it, ok ? Enough already. The matter has been settled. All you're doing is perpetuating the spin of the biased Left wing media.

TT - Hillary MUST have meant the " vast, right wing conspiracy " made Bill have his affair , OR she was saying Bill had no affair, and that he and Monica never happened. Well, we KNOW that Bill and Monica did happen, and Hillary has never come out to admit she was wrong, that the " vast ,Right wing conspiracy " was actually the just the facts , and no conspiracy at all!

Sorry Hillary, but everyone NOT a Democrat is trying to get you and your kind out of office. It's not a conspiracy, it's called POLITCS. And when stories arise about your husband's infidelity to you and your family, don't try to lay the blame on those outside your own political party. Maybe you should look in the mirror to find the real person at fault here. Or maybe it's Bill. But don't go blaming your political rivals for your own damn faults.

Tiger Al - Why are you rehashing over what this entire post has already settled, that Mitt meant he marched in favor of civil rights, FOR civil rights, with MLJ Jr. Just ******* drop it, ok ? Enough already. The matter has been settled. All you're doing is perpetuating the spin of the biased Left wing media.

TT - Hillary MUST have meant the " vast, right wing conspiracy " made Bill have his affair , OR she was saying Bill had no affair, and that he and Monica never happened. Well, we KNOW that Bill and Monica did happen, and Hillary has never come out to admit she was wrong, that the " vast ,Right wing conspiracy " was actually the just the facts , and no conspiracy at all!

Sorry Hillary, but everyone NOT a Democrat is trying to get you and your kind out of office. It's not a conspiracy, it's called POLITCS. And when stories arise about your husband's infidelity to you and your family, don't try to lay the blame on those outside your own political party. Maybe you should look in the mirror to find the real person at fault here. Or maybe it's Bill. But don't go blaming your political rivals for your own damn faults.

Sure, make it about Hillary when you're caught claiming she said something she never said. I caught you in a Romney. Just admit it. B)

Nope. She said it. Even told a classroom of kids that lie as well. You just don't want to accept it because you excuse Hillary of the very things Romney isn't guilty of being. You and Tiger Alabama are the worst sort of apologist for Hillary.

Nope. She said it. Even told a classroom of kids that lie as well. You just don't want to accept it because you excuse Hillary of the very things Romney isn't guilty of being. You and Tiger Alabama are the worst sort of apologist for Hillary.

Thanks for demonstrating that while you'll bend over backward to be an apologist for a Republican, that you will lie like rug to put down a Dem.

She never said the right-wing wackos "made Bill have relations" with anyone. Quit changing your quotes around to suit your purposes-- Quit pulling a Romney.

As you've said in regard to Mitt, she could have phrased it better (So could you, BTW). If you followed it, you would know that the economic forces behind Paula Jones' case were a concerted effort by the Right Wing.

If you also followed this matter, you would know that Bill had lied to Hillary and she believed it. Now, if you want to say she never should have believed it, that's one thing. But while you so eager to be sooooo generous and understanding to Mitt.... Well, as I've said.

Hillary's comment has no basis in fact or truth in it, while Mitt's does. THERE is where your position falters. Always has, always will.

Hillary's comment has no basis in fact or truth in it, while Mitt's does. THERE is where your position falters. Always has, always will.

First, you're wrong as always.

Matt Lauer: "You have said, I understand, to some close friends, that this is the last great battle, and that one side or the other is going down here."

Hillary Clinton: "Well, I don't know if I've been that dramatic. That would sound like a good line from a movie. But I do believe that this is a battle. I mean, look at the very people who are involved in this — they have popped up in other settings. This is — the great story here for anybody willing to find it and write about it and explain it is this vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for president."

David Brock, a conservative-turned-liberal pundit, has said he himself was once a party to an effort to dredge up a scandal against Clinton. In 1993 Brock, then of the American Spectator, was the first to report Paula Jones' claims. As Brock explained in Blinded by the Right, after learning more about the events and conservative payments surrounding Paula Jones he personally apologized to the Clintons. He documented his experience in Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative, wherein he alleged that Arkansas state troopers had taken money in exchange for testimony against Clinton which Brock had published in a previous book. Adam Curtis also discusses the concept in his documentary series The Power of Nightmares. Brock has confirmed Clinton's claim that there was a "Right wing conspiracy" to smear her husband, quibbling only with the characterization of it as "vast", since Brock contends that it was orchestrated mainly by a few powerful people.

Claims have also been made against Republican supporter and billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife, whom former Clinton White House Counsel Lanny Davis once claimed was using his money "to destroy a president of the United States." Scaife claims to be public about his political spending (q.v. [1]). CNN stated in a study the news outlet conducted on Scaife, "If it's a conspiracy, it's a pretty open one."[2]

Hillary Clinton later said in her 2003 autobiography that, "Looking back, I see that I might have phrased my point more artfully, but I stand by the characterization of Starr's investigation [regardless of the truth about Lewinsky]."

She was responding to a question and said something she believes, whether you do or not.

Mitt made gratuitous comments to present himself in the most positive light. They aren't true. They are demonstrably not true. Not really a matter of perspective.

In 1978, Mitt Romney told the Boston Herald, "My father and I marched with Martin Luther King Jr. through the streets of Detroit."

Didn't happen.

Yes, if I were defending Romney I would want the matter to be settled toot sweet, too.

The problem here is that you're not defending what Romney actually said or anything even close to it. Romney didn't say, "I saw my father march for the cause of civil rights with MLK." No. He said, "I saw my father march with MLK." He further clarified by saying it took place in Grosse Pointe, MI, in June, 1963. He's also said that he AND his father marched with King. It's only after his lies have been exposed that he claimed this "figurative" meaning.

As a valedictorian English literature major, graduating summa cum laude and a Havard law and business school graduate, I'm pretty sure he has a handle on the English language and could've found a better word-choice to convey the "figurative sense" if that's what he truly meant. His further "clarifications" show that he didn't initially mean anything figuratively, but, was indeed speaking literally. At least, until he got caught.

As a valedictorian English literature major, graduating summa cum laude and a Havard law and business school graduate, I'm pretty sure he has a handle on the English language and could've found a better word-choice to convey the "figurative sense" if that's what he truly meant. His further "clarifications" show that he didn't initially mean anything figuratively, but, was indeed speaking literally. At least, until he got caught

Well, Mitt wasn't giving a dissertation on things he did while he was a young boy. But thank gawd he didn't pander like Hillary "I don't feel no ways tahred ... I come too far from where I started from ... "

What Mitt said was true enough, whether you care to admit it or not. His further clarifications only support his comments, and don't detract from them.

As a valedictorian English literature major, graduating summa cum laude and a Havard law and business school graduate, I'm pretty sure he has a handle on the English language and could've found a better word-choice to convey the "figurative sense" if that's what he truly meant. His further "clarifications" show that he didn't initially mean anything figuratively, but, was indeed speaking literally. At least, until he got caught

Well, Mitt wasn't giving a dissertation on things he did while he was a young boy. But thank gawd he didn't pander like Hillary "I don't feel no ways tahred ... I come too far from where I started from ... "

What Mitt said was true enough, whether you care to admit it or not.

That's right. Keep changing the subject. That's really your only option when the facts are so at odds with your argument. B)

Every lie he's been caught in so far has been due to pandering!!!

What Mitt said was true enough, whether you care to admit it or not. His further clarifications only support his comments, and don't detract from them.

His further clarifications are more lies.

Mitt hasn't been CAUGHT in any lies. That's where your stubborn bias keeps getting you into trouble.

Whether he's hunted once or a thousand times is pretty damn irrelevent to how he will run the country after elected President.

Whether he's hunted once or a thousand times is pretty damn irrelevent to how he will run the country after elected President.

He felt like it was relevant enough to lie about it. Seems like he doesn't have very good judgment, either. Oh, wait...we already knew that when he said the NRA had endorsed him in 2000 before he claimed that he didn't know the NRA had an OFFICIAL endorsement program. I guess it also depends on what your definition of "endorsed" is.

Yeah, me either. But it is relevant to whether he lied about it. Why lie about such silly things? That's what pathological liars do.

This is what really gets me. We had a legitimate pathological liar in Bill Clinton, and y'all were fine w/ him. Romney, on the other hand, makes one casual comment about hunting all his life, and you brand him a " pathological " liar. That, to me, is unFin'believeable.

This is what really gets me. We had a legitimate pathological liar in Bill Clinton, and y'all were fine w/ him. Romney, on the other hand, makes one casual comment about hunting all his life, and you brand him a " pathological " liar. That, to me, is unFin'believeable.

I didn't brand him one. I asked why he lied about such a silly thing. Pathological liars do such things. You can't provide an alternative explanation. You can't even recognize it as a lie.

You DID brand Mitt a liar. Then you beg the question by asking 'why he lied, that's what patholocial liars do' . You falsly assert that he did lie, when in fact he DIDN'T lie, and then absurdly claim you didn't call him a liar. Very strange and pointless to discuss any furhter. You're trying to equate Mitt to Clinton, which is nothing short of laughable.

Bob Kerry (Democrat ) - " He's ( Clinton) and unusually good liar " .

You DID brand Mitt a liar. Then you beg the question by asking 'why he lied, that's what patholocial liars do' . You falsly assert that he did lie, when in fact he DIDN'T lie, and then absurdly claim you didn't call him a liar. Very strange and pointless to discuss any furhter. You're trying to equate Mitt to Clinton, which is nothing short of laughable.

I asked you a simple straightforward question that you refused to answer.

Is he a life-long hunter?

I asked you a simple straightforward question that you refused to answer.

Is he a life-long hunter?

OH, I refused to answer such an important question? No, I simply missed it for its irrelevence to the things that matter in the world. I have no idea if he's a 'life long hunter'. When did he first go hunting ? And while you scurry away to find that answer, why did it take Hillary 2 yrs to find the Rose Lawfirm Billing records, which were in her own office, on her own DESK ?

Who hired Craig Livingstone ? Hillary can't seem to answer that one either. See, while you accuse Romney of skirting the truth on trivial matters, we KNOW where Bill and Hillary have lied on major issues, and yet you're willing to give them a pass, but not Mitt ?

<_<

Archived