Erstad to Houston

WAR-GIGEM-EAGLE

W-G-E, what's your opinion of the moves the Stros have made this year? I think they'll have a very potent offense, but outside of Oz, who do they have to pitch?

W-G-E, what's your opinion of the moves the Stros have made this year? I think they'll have a very potent offense, but outside of Oz, who do they have to pitch?

they dont have anyone to pitch behind Oswalt...i wasnt a fan of letting Patton get away. They may have Backe assuming he can get completely healthy, williams will be a flop again and if Wandy Rodriguez can get his head together on the road he'll be a decent #5. we really needed to pick up a #2 starter and i wouldnt be opposed to bringing Jason Jennings back if he cant find anything on the F.A. market if the right incentive laden deal was put in place. All in all i cant complain too much about the moves made. something needed to be done and the FA market offered nothing on the pitching side of things. we'll see, the astros have a way to go before they contend again. With the central being so weak i wouldnt be surprised if they finished near the top of the division though.

Archived