2008 PREDICTIONS

Aubie

What are the opinions of the AUNation regarding Auburn and the rest of the SEC nationally next year? I believe that Auburn has a good shot at playing for the SEC title (probably against GA) next season. I also believe that it is likely an SEC will be playing for the MNC as well (probably GA).

Just my thoughts. What are yours?

WAR EAGLE!!!

:au::football:

fanatc's way too early predictions:

West

1. Auburn

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Miss. St.

5. Arkansas

6. Ole Miss

East

1. Georgia

2. Florida

3. Tennessee

4. South Carolina

5. Kentucky

6. Vanderbilt

SEC West:

1. Auburn

2. LSU

3. Bama

4. Miss St

5. Arkansas

6. Ole Miss

SEC East:

1. Georgia

2. Florida

3. Tenn

4. SC

5. KY

6. Vandy

Georgia loses to AU in the regular season but wins in the SECCG. Plays USC for the National Title. I hope it's the other way around, but that's "way to darn early" pick.

I'll say it again, I think DCW's list is spot on for what's going down next year.

I thought '08 was Sabban's year?

You keep forgetting that I'm the most realistic Alabama fan you'll ever meet ;) . I think 2008 will be a good year, slightly better than this year. 2009 will be the year I expect us to shine. If we don't by then, then I know something is wrong.

Somebody beat you to it by a week:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44752

Here's my prediction from that thread:

SEC West:

1. Auburn

2. LSU

3. Bama

4. Miss St

5. Arkansas

6. Ole Miss

SEC East:

1. Georgia

2. Florida

3. Tenn

4. SC

5. KY

6. Vandy

I understand that similar posts have been made, but I just wanted to know everyone's opinion now that the bowl games are over. Also I am not just wanting opinions about :au: nationally, I want to know how everyone thinks the :sec: will do in the national picture, BCS-wise.

War Eagle!

Guest mtn_tgr

East

1.Georgia(wins tiebreaker)

1.Florida

3. usc

4.tenn

5.ky

6.vandy

West

1.Auburn

2.LSU

3.Bammers

4.Ole Miss

5.Arkansas

6.MSU

I think Auburn will get LSwho in Jordan-Hare in September. Their offense will be very good over the long haul, but in the fourth game of the year, our defense should be able to withstand their onslaught. Their defense will lose several key players and there will be some drop off, which gives us an advantage, especially with the new offense. I think we can use home field to our advantage again and overcome LSwho.

After that, who knows? I love Auburn as much as anyone, but I'd be lying if I said that I knew we would win the SEC without a doubt and go on to the BCSCG. The fact that the SEC is just so tough means that we'll have at least one loss, maybe two by the end of the year.

We should beat Arky, Bammer, Miss State, and Ole Miss, not easily, but we should beat them. The Georgia game scares me though. I thought we should have the revenge factor going for us, but with their offense being soo good, and their defense likely to improve, there's no way thats a guaranteed win. The Tennessee game is also troubling, coming right after the big showdown with LSwho. We're gonna have to be on our A-game that night.

Nationally, the SEC should have 5, maybe 6 in the top 25 to start the season, maybe that same number at the end. LSwho, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Arky, and Bammer will probably get bowl bids, with Miss State, Kentucky, and South Carolina all scrapping to get one too. There's a good chance the winner of the SEC will be in the national title game, but I'm not holding my breath. Georgia will probably make another BCS bowl, and we could end up with 2, maybe 3 teams in the top ten at the end, and maybe 2 or 3 more spread out through the rest of the top 25.

Ryan

Off the cuff:

West:

Auburn

LSU

MSU

Bama

Ole Miss

Arkansas (I think they might lose Jones as well)

East:

Florida

Georgia (schedule wears them down)

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vandy

Kentucky

I think Florida, Georgia, and Auburn (in that order) all have legit dreams to find a way into the national title game. I don't think any of them is going undefeated though; it'll take some luck to get in. All three have the kind of schedule that could vault them ahead of any other one-loss (or two-loss I guess) team. Auburn plays WVU out of conference and would likely get UF or UGA in the title game. UF play FSU and Miami next year... still big names. UGA plays Arizona State on the road.

Archived