Its about two weeks from NSD

DKW 86

How many stars will change on the Rivals Rankings??  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Alabama will add how many total stars?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six or more...
  2. 2. Auburn will lose how many total stars?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six or more...

This poll is asked in total sincerity. Every year the Bama owners/admins at Rivals re-evaluate talent about two weeks out from NSD. We always fall. Bama Always climbs. Bama usually climbs 2-3 places, whiile :au: usually drops 2-3.

Please take your best shots in the polls. If you wish to count for a contest winner, please submit your answers here in the text areas.

Myself:

:ua: 5+

:au: -4

For the record...1-22-08

1 Notre Dame 22 3 15 4 3.95 2,680

2 Alabama 26 2 15 7 3.65 2,479

3 Florida 21 3 13 3 3.81 2,459

4 Georgia 25 2 14 8 3.68 2,388

5 Florida State 21 2 12 7 3.76 2,242

6 Ohio State 18 3 10 5 3.89 2,231

7 Oklahoma 19 3 10 5 3.79 2,188

8 Miami 26 2 10 6 3.23 2,001

9 UCLA 21 0 12 9 3.57 1,920

10 Texas 20 0 12 7 3.55 1,919

11 LSU 23 1 10 12 3.52 1,899

12 Michigan 18 0 14 3 3.72 1,833

13 USC 14 2 9 3 3.93 1,712

14 Texas A&M 25 0 8 16 3.28 1,603

15 Clemson 20 1 8 7 3.30 1,556

16 Auburn 24 1 7 14 3.29 1,534

:ua: +4

:au: -5

1/22

I wonder if Pete Carroll is in a lather over their low ranking?

I'd say with USC's average ranking placing them second that he is pleased.

the rankings have been updated.

1 Florida 22 4 13 3 3.86 2,691

2 Notre Dame 22 3 15 4 3.95 2,680

3 Alabama 26 2 15 7 3.65 2,479

4 Georgia 25 2 14 8 3.68 2,388

5 Florida State 21 2 12 7 3.76 2,242

AU remains at 16 while we fall one spot. looks like you can go ahead and start cooling down the black helicopters, DKW.

01/23/08:

:ua: = 0; Star Jackson signs with UTexas, Julio with FreeShoesU

:au: = -3: E. Davis comes back after CTT's visit but based on chronic in-grown toenail problems, the ratings of several signees drop at the last moment...

:lol:

The world hates you Auburn. Come to terms with it. :moon:

Only your small, small world. :moon:

Apparently rivals, and from how it has been described at other times, every other sports related news source hates you too. Little bit more than just me.

I ASK YOU, DID ANYONE HERE SAY THAT RIVALS HATES US?

NNNNOOOOO... We were just making fun of the reliable vertical intercourse that happens with the recruit ranking service at Rivals. It happens every year. Carnell was re-evaluated from 5 to 3 stars the day he signed with us.

Seriously?

Look in the mirror before you spout off about "other sports related sources..." And rivals? RIVALS? Come off it dude...

And an engineering student at Alabama? Poor, poor soul...

NNNNOOOOO... We were just making fun of the reliable vertical intercourse that happens with the recruit ranking service at Rivals. It happens every year. Carnell was re-evaluated from 5 to 3 stars the day he signed with us.

apparently Scout is in on the conspiracy also. they have us ranked #2 still and AU ranked 21st; 5 spots lower than Rivals.

For a group of fans that don't think recruiting rank matters, your sure up in arms about Rivals. Bama fans are told that the ratings don't matter, its biased, etc. But you care that C. Williams lost two stars on NSD? Why start a thread about how you get "screwed" every year, and then tell others that recruiting rank doesn't matter? Seems pretty condescending to me.

For a group of fans that don't think recruiting rank matters, your sure up in arms about Rivals. Bama fans are told that the ratings don't matter, its biased, etc. But you care that C. Williams lost two stars on NSD? Why start a thread about how you get "screwed" every year, and then tell others that recruiting rank doesn't matter? Seems pretty condescending to me.

I really don't think that actually happened. He might have dropped to a 4 star on signing day or at the last re-evaluation, but I am pretty sure he was a 4 star when he signed. Of course, I have no link because Rivals only goes back to 2002.

I will say this, I will take a Carnell Williams that drops to the bottom of the barrel any day of the week.

Think about the guys who were can't miss 5 stars coming out of high school that either failed to live up to expectations or that were head cases that bounced between three schools before leaving the game (Willie Williams.)

I'll take a falling ranking every day of the week as long as we win on a consistent basis, which seems to be the prevailing wind.

Frick scout, frick rivals and frick Emfinger.

Sorry, I was channeling my inner Dana Jacobson.

I agree, sometimes the sure bet 5* are anything but a sure bet. Recruiting rank has nothing to do with the coaches. It has everything to do with the fans. Thats just it, its meaningless.

i'll never forget what a professor told me many years ago.

"I'd rather hire a "B" student who works hard to make a good grade than to hire an "A" student who doesn't have to work hard at all for it".

not sure how that relates to the discussion, but I thought i'd add it anyway.

carry on.

i'll never forget what a professor told me many years ago.

"I'd rather hire a "B" student who works hard to make a good grade than to hire an "A" student who doesn't have to work hard at all for it".

not sure how that relates to the discussion, but I thought i'd add it anyway.

carry on.

I can attest that that's often the way it is in the worlplace. I hvae seen a lot of A students go by the wayside while B students were successful. There are lot's of other characteristics that make a good employee besides grades, one of the most important being able to work as a team. That's why some schools like ND can rank high almost every year in FB but it just as often as not doesn't translate into having a great team.

There's a coach in the SEC that tells borderline 4-5* recruits that he "promises them a fifth star" if they sign with his school. Turns out, it's worked on several occasions.

Somewhat of a tangent, I know, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

There's a coach in the SEC that tells borderline 4-5* recruits that he "promises them a fifth star" if they sign with his school. Turns out, it's worked on several occasions.

Somewhat of a tangent, I know, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Got to be Meyer, right?

inner Dana Jacobson

heh heh...you said "inner Dana Jacobson"!!!

eeewwww, I think I need a bath now. Jacobson is not, shall we say, inwardly or outwardly pleasing to the eyes.

As for the thread topic, the rumors of the re-evals being driven by Schurburtt over the years might be true. Since he sold out, there may not be the usual bloody day of downgrades for :au: 15th for a year in which we had ony 15-18 slots doesnt look that bad now.

inner Dana Jacobson

heh heh...you said "inner Dana Jacobson"!!!

eeewwww, I think I need a bath now. Jacobson is not, shall we say, inwardly or outwardly pleasing to the eyes.

As for the thread topic, the rumors of the re-evals being driven by Schurburtt over the years might be true. Since he sold out, there may not be the usual bloody day of downgrades for :au: 15th for a year in which we had ony 15-18 slots doesnt look that bad now.

that spin machine must be set to "ULTRA".

Archived