Fred Thompson Drops Out of Race

RunInRed

Now only if Edwards would do the same and throw his support behind Obama :)

"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."

Oh. Was he in it? I just figured that somebody had duped him into believing that this was an episode of Law and Order. They just told him that it was method acting and left it at that.

Alright, but if only he had done it beofre the South Carolina primary. I think if he had dropped out then Huckabee would have won South Carolina because Thompson took away some evangelical voters and that played a huge factor in helping McCain win.

I'm sorry Fred dropped out. I liked his politics and I liked his style of campaigning. He treated voters like they were adults and could understand a reasoned argument. That must have been the problem.

I was out in the wintery mix on Saturday to cast my vote.

I wish I knew now who I was going to vote for. The truth is whoever gets my vote will be the recipient of a I-voted-against-XXXX.

He treated voters like they were adults and could understand a reasoned argument.

I thought he respected voters so much that he figured they didn't need to hear much at all from him.

I'm sorry Fred dropped out. I liked his politics and I liked his style of campaigning. He treated voters like they were adults and could understand a reasoned argument. That must have been the problem.

I wish I knew now who I was going to vote for. The truth is whoever gets my vote will be the recipient of a I-voted-against-XXXX.

My thoughts exactly. He's easily the best man for the job, too bad clean campaigns just can't get it done anymore.

My thoughts exactly. He's easily the best man for the job, too bad clean campaigns just can't get it done anymore.

I have to agree with the two of you. I thought he was the best candidate for the job and was the closet to beign a true conservative than any of the GOP candidates. I will have to say, I will have to vote for whoever is running against Hitlary, Edwards or Obama. As bad as I don't like McCain and Rudy, I would rather them be my commander in chief and president than anything the Democrats are throwing at me. I still contend that I am truly disappointed in both parties choice of candidates.

Alright, but if only he had done it beofre the South Carolina primary. I think if he had dropped out then Huckabee would have won South Carolina because Thompson took away some evangelical voters and that played a huge factor in helping McCain win.

I don't understand any Republican's support of Huckabee. The man is essentially a statist when it comes to government. He might as well be a Democrat. And the fact that he quotes a lot of scripture doesn't really change that.

I don't understand any Republican's support of Huckabee. The man is essentially a statist when it comes to government. He might as well be a Democrat. And the fact that he quotes a lot of scripture doesn't really change that.

I have heard several people, including church people, that they think of Huckabee as the "Republican Jimmy Carter". I for one, can not and will not support Huckabee, he is pretty much a liberal in his policies. I am now having a hard time trying to get behind a candidate. I really wish Duncan Hunter had the support. I like his politics for the most part and I can agree with him on several positions. Besides Fred that was the only other candidate that I liked. Now I am at a loss as to who I am going to support.

When he entered the race I thought Thompson would do much better than he has and for some reason I even thought he would be a little more motivated in his campaign.

As for Huckabee, if I wanted a populist charlatan, I'd vote for Edwards, who's even better at that sort of thing.

Archived