Bama's New DC

Proud Tiger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you have reading comprehension problems

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/01/auburn...ot_going_t.html

I didn't know he was no longer a candidate. My mistake. You can't comprehend something that you haven't read...... :rolleyes:

Probably because you can't read.

He can read....just not up to the level of a former DT out of Hoover High, that Somehow got good enough grades to go to Prep School after a phone call from a certain coach at uat....hmmm.

I think you have reading comprehension problems

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/01/auburn...ot_going_t.html

I didn't know he was no longer a candidate. My mistake. You can't comprehend something that you haven't read...... :rolleyes:

It has also been on the front page of the main football forum for two days now:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45526

steele's not going anywhere

Nutsvilletider cracks me up. It is the last 25 years of the bammernation in micro. Deny. Deny. Deny. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Remember the Bear. Remember the Bear. Remember the Bear. Get beat by Auburn. Get beat by Auburn. Get beat by Auburn. Get beat by Auburn. Get beat by Auburn. Get beat by Auburn. Hire a new coach. Hire a new coach. Hire a new coach.

You left out three of them :big:

All jokes aside, the South president was on our local sports talk show this morning and said the probable new coach is a current DC and he is on campus today for a second interview. Read into it what you want but I'd call Steele a frontrunner.

Rhoades will be leaving AU shortly to fill this position, he's just waiting for signing day to pass.

hey, whats good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

All jokes aside, the South president was on our local sports talk show this morning and said the probable new coach is a current DC and he is on campus today for a second interview. Read into it what you want but I'd call Steele a frontrunner.

Rhoades will be leaving AU shortly to fill this position, he's just waiting for signing day to pass.

Except when you just make things up and when Rhoades has not been interviewed and Steele has. I realize that is hard for you to grasp but just try.

How is news reports saying Steele is still in the running for the USA job compared to this? Some of you Bama are just desperate and grasping for straws. Steele wanted out of T-Town shortly after he arrived. Just ask some of your Bama brethren on this board. B)

Even if the USA job falls through, there were hints dropped this morning on the John Longshore and Barry McKnight show that Steele may be heading to Arkansas as the DC.

How is news reports saying Steele is still in the running for the USA job compared to this? Some of you Bama are just desperate and grasping for straws. Steele wanted out of T-Town shortly after he arrived. Just ask some of your Bama brethren on this board. B)

From sometime last summer, there have been rumors from a few insiders with ties to the coaching community that Steele was unhappy. There were stories he was looking to move after sticking out his first season with the Tide. Matt told several of us about it. I asked around and while there was no PROOF that he would actually have another job, there was absolutely no denial he wasnt looking hard. Matt, and myself, are probably both a little shocked he stayed this long. I kind of figured he would be gone back in January.

Just for runswithscissors: this is from today's MPR:

ALABAMA NOTEBOOK: UA's Steele still in mix for USA job

Friday, February 01, 2008

TUSCALOOSA -- As others drop out, Alabama defensive coordinator Kevin Steele remains in the mix for the head coaching position at South Alabama.

Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban didn't offer any assurance Thursday that Steele, who has met with USA officials, would be back with Alabama next season.

"I would never, ever hold an assistant back from what they want to do, relative to what his personal goals and aspirations are," Saban said. "So we'll be very supportive of Kevin in whatever he chooses to do, relative to this circumstance or any other head-coaching position he might be interested in."

Saban went on to say that Steele "would be a marvelous head coach any place that would hire him." Any remaining staff moves for Alabama would likely wait until after Wednesday's National Signing Day.

Alabama has already lost two assistants from last year's coaching staff. Special teams/tight ends coach Ron Middleton went to Duke and was replaced by Bobby Williams. Offensive coordinator Major Applewhite headed to Texas and was replaced Wednesday by Fresno State's Jim McElwain.

Asked about Applewhite's departure and rumors of unrest, Saban insisted, "I did not see a problem on our offensive staff last year."

Link

Asked about Applewhite's departure and rumors of unrest, Saban insisted, "I did not see a problem on our offensive staff last year."

You missed the next line.

"The problem was with our players. They had no talent to begin with, and seemingly they worsened as the season progressed. Luckily I will have MY players here in the summer."

i'm not denying that he has interviewed. i'm just not going to believe its a done deal until i see a report saying "Steele hired to coach USA Jaguars". i know you guys love to try and put us in panic mode, but i'm just not worried about it. if we got a new DC it would still be Saban's defense anyways, so i don't really see where it would matter.

i'm not denying that he has interviewed. i'm just not going to believe its a done deal until i see a report saying "Steele hired to coach USA Jaguars". i know you guys love to try and put us in panic mode, but i'm just not worried about it. if we got a new DC it would still be Saban's defense anyways, so i don't really see where it would matter.

Bingo!!! They do not understand logic.......... B)

This begs the question........if Saban coaches offense, defense, etc., why do you even need any ass'ts or coordinators?

This begs the question........if Saban coaches offense, defense, etc., why do you even need any ass'ts or coordinators?

Especially some very high-paid ones.............

As a newly signed recruit...this would ever more p*** me off. Being recruited by a coach who knows that he is leaving!! Don't know if it will happen but I'd make CKS and CNS look me in the eye and tell me CKS would be there through 2008.

That's going to make all the good DC really want to come to Bama.

As a newly signed recruit...this would ever more p*** me off. Being recruited by a coach who knows that he is leaving!! Don't know if it will happen but I'd make CKS and CNS look me in the eye and tell me CKS would be there through 2008.

alot of the recruits knew long before we did that CMA was leaving. they stated they were commited to a team, not one coach. now how much of that mentality other recruits have, who knows. but if it is a general mentality with the guys we are recruiting, then i don't see a problem. reading the interviews that some knew weeks in advance that CMA was leaving tells me that the staff seems to be keeping the recruits in the loop.

i didn't say CNS coaches offense, etc. i think he has a heavy involvement in the defense and i do believe the defense is mainly his. however i don't think he coaches the offense. he may dictate the general philosophy of the offense, but i don't think he actually coaches it as he does the defense.

alot of the recruits knew long before we did that CMA was leaving. they stated they were commited to a team, not one coach. now how much of that mentality other recruits have, who knows. but if it is a general mentality with the guys we are recruiting, then i don't see a problem. reading the interviews that some knew weeks in advance that CMA was leaving tells me that the staff seems to be keeping the recruits in the loop.

RWS, this is stupid. Commiting to a team, not a coach? Okay, so if Saban were to leave to coach, say, the Oakland Raiders, you believe the recruits would stick with Alabama? Where were all of these recruits who were commiting to a school last year when Shula was coaching?

You know that coaches are huge in the recruiting process. CMA may not have been the most important guy. However, my memory is that Steele was brought to Alabama for his recruiting ability. I've certainly got to believe that his acumen as a recruiter is what is even getting him an interview with USA.

Whoever Saban hires will have power but it will be power coming from a limited choice.

Saban will know what is happening every play and will interject if he wants to.

So, in reality....I don't see any DC hire as a big deal since it will be Saban's Schemes, Saban's players, and Saban's over-riding call

RWS, this is stupid. Commiting to a team, not a coach? Okay, so if Saban were to leave to coach, say, the Oakland Raiders, you believe the recruits would stick with Alabama? Where were all of these recruits who were commiting to a school last year when Shula was coaching?

You know that coaches are huge in the recruiting process. CMA may not have been the most important guy. However, my memory is that Steele was brought to Alabama for his recruiting ability. I've certainly got to believe that his acumen as a recruiter is what is even getting him an interview with USA.

then you need to go tell the kids who told Rivals that in their interviews that they are stupid, because that is what some of them said.

i didn't say CNS coaches offense, etc. i think he has a heavy involvement in the defense and i do believe the defense is mainly his. however i don't think he coaches the offense. he may dictate the general philosophy of the offense, but i don't think he actually coaches it as he does the defense.

I didn't say you said Saban coaches the offens but from what I read, Saban in essence say he does. For example, in today's Huntsville Times he says he is not interested in changing bama's offense, he just wants to tweak a few things. So why hire an OC just to tweak some things?

By the way Saban was quoted with a somewhat different comment on the hiring of McElwain. he said he

"was the best candidate that we talked to, relative to the presentation he made, the personality that he had, and the enthusiam he had."

Note he didn't say anything about the creditials of his first choices and didn't even say he thought McElwain was the best in terms of offensive know-how.

I didn't say you said Saban coaches the offens but from what I read, Saban in essence say he does. For example, in today's Huntsville Times he says he is not interested in changing bama's offense, he just wants to tweak a few things. So why hire an OC just to tweak some things?

By the way Saban was quoted with a somewhat different comment on the hiring of McElwain. he said he

"was the best candidate that we talked to, relative to the presentation he made, the personality that he had, and the enthusiam he had."

Note he didn't say anything about the creditials of his first choices and didn't even say he thought McElwain was the best in terms of offensive know-how.

you need to go actually listen to the PC that he held on the hiring.

you need to go actually listen to the PC that he held on the hiring.

As I left work, I was subjected to the first ten minutes of PFRN. Played a few cuts of the PC. CNS was very pissed about how the media was telling the story about McElwain being the 4th-5th-6th whatever coach talked to. You need to hear it. CNS said everything but "I wont be the HC at Alabama..."

Archived